Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Burt's Bees skincare

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:39 AM

I'm looking for moisturizer that can keep my skin looking healthy and moist. I came across Burt's Bees which uses 100% natural ingredients in most of it's products. I think it's interesting considering how other popular products have so many chemicals you've never heard of. I've tried some and they leave my skin dry when I don't use them.

Are these products good or are there better alternatives?

1) Carrot Nutritive Day Creme: Root for younger looking skin
-Featured Ingredient:
Carrot Seed Oil
other ingredients: water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, glycerin, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, stearic acid, palmetic acid, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, tritium vulgare (wheat) germ oil, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, glucose, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, sucrose stearate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, beta-carotene, vegetable oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium borate, xanthan gum

2) Beeswax Moisturizing Day Creme
-
Featured Ingredient: [b]Beeswax
other ingredients: water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, stearic acid, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, beta-carotene, fragrance
[b]vegetable oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium borate, xanthan gum

Edited by Dmitri, 26 March 2009 - 06:42 AM.

#2 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

I'm looking for moisturizer that can keep my skin looking healthy and moist. I came across Burt's Bees which uses 100% natural ingredients in most of it's products. I think it's interesting considering how other popular products have so many chemicals you've never heard of. I've tried some and they leave my skin dry when I don't use them.

Are these products good or are there better alternatives?

1) Carrot Nutritive Day Creme: Root for younger looking skin
-Featured Ingredient:
Carrot Seed Oil
other ingredients: water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, glycerin, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, stearic acid, palmetic acid, daucus carota sativa (carrot) seed oil, fragrance, tocopheryl acetate, tritium vulgare (wheat) germ oil, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, glucose, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, sucrose stearate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, beta-carotene, vegetable oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium borate, xanthan gum

2) Beeswax Moisturizing Day Creme
-
Featured Ingredient: [b]Beeswax
other ingredients: water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, stearic acid, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase, beta-carotene, fragrance
[b]vegetable oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sodium borate, xanthan gum

You've got to appreciate the forum users who answer questions like this with a one star rating, then move on, too lazy to explain their beliefs or provide information that might actually be useful for others.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

You've got to appreciate the forum users who answer questions like this with a one star rating, then move on, too lazy to explain their beliefs or provide information that might actually be useful for others.

I think the one star rating is useful. It at least does give some information to the poster about what the rater thinks of the post, and in this case, mostly the product the post is inquiring about.

To the poster I would state: Go over what eva has written on cosmetics, her posts are particularly informative. I don't think anyone will really respond because this particular subject has been dealt with adequately and in a generic way such that this post will probably not warrant a separate reply.

#4 Dmitri

• Topic Starter
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:02 PM

I think the one star rating is useful. It at least does give some information to the poster about what the rater thinks of the post, and in this case, mostly the product the post is inquiring about.

To the poster I would state: Go over what eva has written on cosmetics, her posts are particularly informative. I don't think anyone will really respond because this particular subject has been dealt with adequately and in a generic way such that this post will probably not warrant a separate reply.

I know there are several threads on skin health, but I wanted to know if anyone had tried this particular product or if they were any good. A lot of people here seem to know about chemicals and how they react with the body, thus I provided the ingredients.

Anyway, thank you for the reply. I'll look at eva's thread.

#5 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

stuff

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.thatsfit.com/me...es,-$9.jpg

I have that sitting next to my keyboard at this moment. My thoughts:

1. I got this because I had a gift certificate at Best Buy (yes, an electronics store) and the only thing I needed was printer paper. The Burt's Bees lotion happened to be in the check out line and it is Paraben/Phthalate free, and I liked the ingredients so I bought it.
2. I have almost zero history buying lotion so my ability to compare to other lotions is close to nil. My entire opinion may be useless.
3. After reading these forums and a bit about Jeanne Clament, I am now rubbing this Burt's Bees lotion, Bertoli's Olive Oil, and even some flax seed oil on my skin every day now. I like it. The whole thing is dialating my arteries. I tend to rub it around my neck area, top of my back, chest, etc. (but also my forearms), where the transdermal application would seem to have better ability to make it to the key organs. Also, probably just cuz it's one of the easier places to put the stuff on.
4. Some of this lotion seems to have a slightly alcoholic tinge to it. I think it's the stearic acid (vegetable fat). I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's got a very small hint of a rubbing alcohol like quality which I don't like, but it's very, very minor. I kind of prefer the very fattening/pure oil feel of olive oil, as I have dry skin.
5. Overall, I think the stuff is pretty good. I've watched a video about Burt's Bees and how the company was created. I think their values are pretty good, though I realize that Burt was just a marketing piece (his face was used to embody the idea of a non-commercial, honesty). Still, the founder seemed genuine, tho she sold the business several years ago.

#6 Dmitri

• Topic Starter
  • 841 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:31 AM

stuff

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.thatsfit.com/me...es,-$9.jpg

I have that sitting next to my keyboard at this moment. My thoughts:

1. I got this because I had a gift certificate at Best Buy (yes, an electronics store) and the only thing I needed was printer paper. The Burt's Bees lotion happened to be in the check out line and it is Paraben/Phthalate free, and I liked the ingredients so I bought it.
2. I have almost zero history buying lotion so my ability to compare to other lotions is close to nil. My entire opinion may be useless.
3. After reading these forums and a bit about Jeanne Clament, I am now rubbing this Burt's Bees lotion, Bertoli's Olive Oil, and even some flax seed oil on my skin every day now. I like it. The whole thing is dialating my arteries. I tend to rub it around my neck area, top of my back, chest, etc. (but also my forearms), where the transdermal application would seem to have better ability to make it to the key organs. Also, probably just cuz it's one of the easier places to put the stuff on.
4. Some of this lotion seems to have a slightly alcoholic tinge to it. I think it's the stearic acid (vegetable fat). I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's got a very small hint of a rubbing alcohol like quality which I don't like, but it's very, very minor. I kind of prefer the very fattening/pure oil feel of olive oil, as I have dry skin.
5. Overall, I think the stuff is pretty good. I've watched a video about Burt's Bees and how the company was created. I think their values are pretty good, though I realize that Burt was just a marketing piece (his face was used to embody the idea of a non-commercial, honesty). Still, the founder seemed genuine, tho she sold the business several years ago.

Thanks for that. I actually ended up buying a hand cream (almond Milk) from them and like it; the smell is nice and it does leave your hands soft. They're face lotions seemed to be sold out except for the anti-aging ones, but I don't need those yet.

#7 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:02 AM

Totally off topic, but has anyone else here ever (and often) had the experience of hearing about something for the first time and then hearing about it again a day or two later in a completely different situation? I was walking through a park last Sunday and I looked down at the ground to find a tube of Burt's Bees chapstick. I thought, "Humm, strange name." and continued to walk on. I don't think I have every heard of that name before on my 26+ years on this planet. Then tonight I see this thread...strange. I encounter the name twice in the same week, different circumstances, but have never heard of it before then.

#8 100YearsToGo

• 204 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:26 PM

Totally off topic, but has anyone else here ever (and often) had the experience of hearing about something for the first time and then hearing about it again a day or two later in a completely different situation? I was walking through a park last Sunday and I looked down at the ground to find a tube of Burt's Bees chapstick. I thought, "Humm, strange name." and continued to walk on. I don't think I have every heard of that name before on my 26+ years on this planet. Then tonight I see this thread...strange. I encounter the name twice in the same week, different circumstances, but have never heard of it before then.

It has also happened to me. I have a very unscientific theory about this. It appears that what attracts your attention in your current environment gives you clues as to some future event. This could be true if time is not a straight line and that past and future are somewhat entangled, and that we sense that somehow. Try it out. Pay constant attention to the objects in your neighborhood...whatever grabs your attention may appear in some form 1 or 2 days later. I've tried it and it works, believe it or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users