Photo
- - - - -

gingko biloba as a vasolidator?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 desperate788

• 234 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

I want to use a vasolidator beside piracetam, I was using nicergoline for that purpose butn it seems now ı dont have access to nicergoline though ı will still try to find it. MY question will ginkgo biloba do the job beside piracetam? Thanks.

#2 Mista_Bob

• 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

I want to use a vasolidator beside piracetam, I was using nicergoline for that purpose butn it seems now ı dont have access to nicergoline though ı will still try to find it. MY question will ginkgo biloba do the job beside piracetam? Thanks.

Ginkgo is definitely a vasodilator, sometimes used in large doses for ED (erectile dysfunction), also resulting in quite the headache but at least you'll remember the fun you had. :)

Personally, I've never tried nicergoline so I can't say, but gingko does improves my memory as long as I take 120mg or more consistently. I just started on piracetam a couple days ago, so those two are part of my daily cocktail.

Edited by Mista_Bob, 27 March 2009 - 01:24 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

Nicergoline can be bought from www.pharmacy1010.com. It's pretty cheap. I believe you can get it fro $9.00.

Here's an article citing classes of drugs that have "vasodilation" properties (note many of these drugs have other mechanisms as well so are usually classified under different categories):

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Vasodilation (check out the chart under the heading "major drug groups" at the bottem of
the page)---while not a supplement list, this can serve as a reference for different types of vasodilation

Here's a great thread discussing vasodilators supplements as well:
http://www.imminst.o...?showtopic=7156

Edited by yowza, 27 March 2009 - 09:26 PM.

#4 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

I am pretty sure gingko is a blood thinner, not vasodilator. It seems to be fairly overrated, and at least from what I could read there's no real explanation of why it supposedly does all it supposedly does - my guess is simply working as a blood thinner, which is not something great to take, especially since lots of other stuff you might take does that as well. Any time I use it I feel on the verge of a spontaneous nose bleed, though, so it must be a blood thinner...and I get no signs of vasodilation, which I am sensitive to and can spot easily.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 desperate788

• Topic Starter
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

thanks for the replies, ı think of sticking with ginkgo or find an alternative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users