Photo
- - - - -

Andy Milonakis Is 33 but looks 14

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

All I know thus far is that he suffers from a 'congenital growth disorder' which prevents him from aging. Anyone know anything more about this? Could this be the holy grail of aging theories? What would happen if the secret for why he does not age is revealed to the general public and somehow a new drug is formed as a result?

#2 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

I wanted to add that this seems to be distinctly different than dwarfism, as he seems to be 'full grown'. He just has not aged since he was in adolescence. I am doing as much research on his condition as I can but can find no medical terminology for what he has. All the references basically say 'congenital growth hormone disorder'.

Edited by TheFountain, 29 March 2009 - 06:47 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

wow interesting

Edited by forever freedom, 29 March 2009 - 07:13 PM.

#4 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

Here is a wiki entry on him.

'Andrew Michael Milonakis (born January 30, 1976[1][2] in Katonah, New York) is a Greek-American comedian[3] who played the role of a young boy on his television show, The Andy Milonakis Show, which was played on the MTV and MTV2 channels. He has a congenital growth-hormone condition that gives him the outward appearance and voice of a pre-adolescent boy.

Milonakis' fame began as an Internet phenomenon after he released home webcam recordings of freestyle rhyming, humor videos, and short films. Some of these include "Crispy New Freestyle" and "The Super Bowl Is Gay." Comedian Jimmy Kimmel later recruited him for regular appearances on Jimmy Kimmel Live on television 2003–2004. Andy made numerous appearances (all as a kid) in the straight-to-DVD movie Weiners.

Milonakis was also featured in the 2005 film, Waiting..., as well as the 2009 sequel, Still Waiting..., and starred in the 2007 comedy Who's Your Caddy?. He has been a frequent co-host on the syndicated radio show Loveline with Dr. Drew Pinsky[4] (from the radio station KROQ) since co-host Adam Carolla left in November 2005.'

[<a href="http://en.wikipedia....edit&section=1" title="Edit section: Filmography">edit]

#5 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Yes, i checked this up too. I wonder how he will look at 40 or 50..

edit: by the way, if anyone can find a link for that other case of a baby who was also supposed to be grown but was still a baby, i'd appreciate it.

edit edit: nvm, found it. the baby's name is "brooke greenberg" if anyone is interested. Here's a link to the topic: http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=22033

Edited by forever freedom, 29 March 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#6 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

Probably he will look a bit odd when getting into his 50's. Att 33 you don't have a lot of wrinkles yet, especially when you are chubby.

#7 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Probably he will look a bit odd when getting into his 50's. Att 33 you don't have a lot of wrinkles yet, especially when you are chubby.

So this guy is not aging? Somehow I don't think he will make it to 120.

#8 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

Its hard to know if his pituatary is producing too much or too little growth hormone.

Why is he chubby and only 5'6" tall? His appearance makes me think his body isn't producing excess HGH but may be producing too little. That would explain his short stature and weight I think. I think it may also explain why he looks and is basically in a prepubescent state at his age.
Excess HGH would likely make him tall and matured past adolescence.

I don't think he could have gone through puberty yet. He doesn't have facial hair and I assume his voice hasn't changed yet either.

I think puberty is induced sometimes when there is too much HGH, I think. Some kid keeps growing and is so tall that he has problems with his joints. I think they were going to induce puberty to stop his excessive growth.

I wonder if Adam will ever go through puberty.

I wonder if Michael Jackson ever met him or wanted to meet him. ;-)

#9 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

Well, of course this guy is aging, maybe slightly slower if low IGF works to extend life in humans.
Brooke Greenberg as has been previously discussed has a genetic disease in the spectrum of maturation, she will of course get frail and graying etc if she would survive to that age.
Preventing maturation/puberty has nothing to do with preventing aging in humans. Probably it will cause a lot of problems as they get older with more osteoporosis/atherosclerosis etc due to hormonal deficiencies.
  • like x 1

#10 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

Come on, you're being biased because you actually know his age. If you had no idea how old he was and you first looked at him you'd think he was around 14-15. And a lot of people in their early 30s have sunken features and leathery skin, fat or otherwise. Let's be more objective here.
  • dislike x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#11 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

Well, of course this guy is aging, maybe slightly slower if low IGF works to extend life in humans.

Slightly slower? He is 33 and looks 14. That is a bit more than slightly slower. Being 33 and looking 25 is slightly slower but he looks damn near 20 years younger than his actual age and according to sources, has looked this way since the age of about 14.

Brooke Greenberg as has been previously discussed has a genetic disease in the spectrum of maturation, she will of course get frail and graying etc if she would survive to that age.

I think this is a completely unrelated category phenomenon because for some reason his biological clock just stopped ticking at adolescence.

Preventing maturation/puberty has nothing to do with preventing aging in humans. Probably it will cause a lot of problems as they get older with more osteoporosis/atherosclerosis etc due to hormonal deficiencies.

I don't know if there is any evidence he has not hit puberty. A lot of adolescent boys hit puberty and still do not grow that much body for months or years. The voice change sometimes takes a while too. Plus if you have seen several of his other videos you'd know he is far from sexually disinterested. Maybe he hit the first stage of pubescence and was prevented from reaching the others. Or maybe he went through puberty entirely and just stopped aging since. One thing is for sure, scientists should study him.

#12 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:35 AM

So what happens if he gets with a 14yo girl?

#13 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:43 AM

Slightly slower? He is 33 and looks 14. That is a bit more than slightly slower. Being 33 and looking 25 is slightly slower but he looks damn near 20 years younger than his actual age and according to sources, has looked this way since the age of about 14.

I think this is a completely unrelated category phenomenon because for some reason his biological clock just stopped ticking at adolescence.

I don't know if there is any evidence he has not hit puberty. A lot of adolescent boys hit puberty and still do not grow that much body for months or years. The voice change sometimes takes a while too. Plus if you have seen several of his other videos you'd know he is far from sexually disinterested. Maybe he hit the first stage of pubescence and was prevented from reaching the others. Or maybe he went through puberty entirely and just stopped aging since. One thing is for sure, scientists should study him.

TheFountain, although you're thinking that he has, for all purposes, stopped aging, that is not the case. He's still aging, he just doesn't look older on the outside. It's mathematically impossible that he would have stopped aging altogether because the amount of mutations that he would have to possess are as big and unlikely as a human female giving birth to a dragon or something.

Give him one or two decades and he will start looking weird, like developing wrinkles and gray hair while still maintaning an overall boyish appearance. If you think about it, most 33 year olds also don't show any signs of aging other than those imposed by their growth hormones.

#14 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

TheFountain, although you're thinking that he has, for all purposes, stopped aging, that is not the case. He's still aging, he just doesn't look older on the outside. It's mathematically impossible that he would have stopped aging altogether because the amount of mutations that he would have to possess are as big and unlikely as a human female giving birth to a dragon or something.

You are claiming you know whether or not he stopped aging on a mathematical level and yet you don't even know the name of his (as far as we can determine) singularly rare condition? Man, that is arrogance.

Let's just say that, hypothetically speaking, he ages only 2 years biologically for every 5 or 10 chronological years. Isn't that still a significant finding? I just feel like people are brushing this under the rug. Especially when they should be studying his condition.

Give him one or two decades and he will start looking weird, like developing wrinkles and gray hair while still maintaning an overall boyish appearance. If you think about it, most 33 year olds also don't show any signs of aging other than those imposed by their growth hormones.

I am sorry, but you and just about everyone else here who says the average 33 year old shows no outward signs of aging are just plane biased. Period. I can show you vast differences between the average 33 year olds appearance and the the average 23 year old. Some of them are leathery skin, sunken facial features, prominent darkness under eyes, crows feet. Etc. Please stop saying that fundamentally speaking most 33 year olds don't show outwrd signs of aging, because that is utter bullshit. Sorry for being blunt.

Edited by TheFountain, 30 March 2009 - 08:27 PM.

#15 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

Normal growth and the change of features that make up physical and sexual maturation (good) should not be confused with aging (bad). Nor should paedomorphism be confused with lack of aging. After all, many bald older fat men look exactly like newborn babies. :)

#16 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

Normal growth and the change of features that make up physical and sexual maturation (good) should not be confused with aging (bad).

First of all this guy has 5 children from 2 different women, so he obviously is sexually mature enough to be sexually active, secondly, it is preposterous to suppose that whatever it is that is making him look young is not linked with the aging process but is the result of some superficial surface condition relative to growth hormone secretion. If that were the case 60 year old men who've been taking growth hormone and steroids since they were in their early 20s would look it.

After all, many bald older fat men look exactly like newborn babies. :)

Really? Show me pictures of this phenomenon? I have never seen this before.

Edited by TheFountain, 30 March 2009 - 10:44 PM.

#17 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

There seems to be a psychological bias against adolescence on this forum. Just taking note of this. It's too bad, because this guy really should be studied and not brushed under the rug because people cannot get passed his adolescent features.

Edited by TheFountain, 30 March 2009 - 10:46 PM.

• Agree x 1

#18 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

There seems to be a psychological bias against adolescence on this forum. Just taking note of this. It's too bad, because this guy really should be studied and not brushed under the rug because people cannot get passed his adolescent features.

There really isn't anything unique about this guy, if you suffer from a pituitary disorder preventing you from going through puberty you will keep a young child-like appearance. He is going to accumulate aging damage at a similar rate as other people do.

#19 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

There really isn't anything unique about this guy, if you suffer from a pituitary disorder preventing you from going through puberty you will keep a young child-like appearance. He is going to accumulate aging damage at a similar rate as other people do.

But you don't even know what his condition is so how can you say this? You are assuming he has a normal pituitary disorder. Who has studied his biological features as late?

#20 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

... it is preposterous to suppose that whatever it is that is making him look young is not linked with the aging process but is the result of some superficial surface condition relative to growth hormone secretion.

Oh, so there has been a study? Could you please provide the source for your assertion?

Edited by andre, 31 March 2009 - 12:35 PM.

#21 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

Well... I guess if you'd "cut someones balls" in their early teens, you'd get a similar result. Or at least guy would look childish, would have no facial hair growth and usual male features in his face (I'm not even talking about voice, as testosterone is the main factor that changes it). It seems that he lacks a lot other hormones. Outward appearance is one thing, it'd be really interesting to know what's happeneing inside. I'd speculate that once you have all these hormones flowing in your body from certain age - a lot other processes get's activated and energy get's rearranged to these, and the lack of these additional processes may explain why his skin looks young too (actually I've seen 30 year olds with naturally perfect skin..)...  

There's another guy, can't remember his name now (he's a pretyy well known actor) with this condition. And he's well over 40 now, has these childish features, but looks old at the same time too...

#22 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

The thing I don't get is that its not just his features that look young. He has baby soft skin too. I would expect that by his age, though he might be developmentally similar to a teenager, he would still be showing signs of senesence in terms of his skin condition. Most people hardly develop at all beyond the age of twenty, but thirty three year old men do not look twenty years old. He should not look like he does if it were a purely developmental condition.

I'm twenty six, and my face compared to when I was twenty is somewhat sunken, discolored, thinner and with visible beginnings of wrinkles around the eyes. In other words, I look my age. Why doesn't this guy look like what he is - an underdeveloped thirty three year old?

#23 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Well for looking "your age", that's relative. I know a few people who look 20 being 28 (and they really look like that) though they are developed in every usual way (voice, facial hair, sex drive, etc...). That's not too impressive, but still..

BTW (still reading myself): http://www.rwalkerph...udy11-12-06.pdf .

It supports my personal stance on ageing (you develop till certain stage "By program" and then entropy/chaos begins... That's wy we need intervention of SENS or similar therapies. It'd be nice to accelerate things as much as possible as I'm still young and have no intentions to get old :D. Even spreading the info whenever you can can help as I realised in past year or two that majority of society doesn't have any clue about ageing.)..

Edited by Divine, 31 March 2009 - 01:43 PM.

#24 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

The thing I don't get is that its not just his features that look young. He has baby soft skin too.

I actually don't think his skin looks that good, although the bad quality of the clip makes it somewhat hard to judge. Remember that he is quite severely overweight, which tends to smooth out the skin, but anyway, it is no big achievement to be wrinkle-free at 30 even if you are not fat. I know several people who have/had flawless skin at 30. I even know someone who has flawless skin at 40.

His physical condition makes me suspect that his cardiovascular system might be that of a significantly older man than 30.

Edited by andre, 31 March 2009 - 01:49 PM.

#25 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

... it is preposterous to suppose that whatever it is that is making him look young is not linked with the aging process but is the result of some superficial surface condition relative to growth hormone secretion.

Oh, so there has been a study? Could you please provide the source for your assertion?

What I am saying is that it is preposterous to suppose anything when there have been no forthcoming studies on him or anyone like him as yet. Instead of bickering those in the field should be appealing to him to undergo some tests.

Edited by TheFountain, 31 March 2009 - 10:11 PM.

#26 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

There's another guy, can't remember his name now (he's a pretyy well known actor) with this condition. And he's well over 40 now, has these childish features, but looks old at the same time too...

If you're referring to gary coleman then I think you are getting ahead of yourself as I believe his condition is somewhat different than Andy Milonakis as it bears more resemblance to dwarfism. And with regard to what you said about 'cutting' someones balls off to get the same features. This guy is a known womanizer in hollywood, he has 5 children from several different women, so he is quite efficacious in the sexual department which kind of throws your theory out the window.

Edited by TheFountain, 31 March 2009 - 10:17 PM.

#27 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

The thing I don't get is that its not just his features that look young. He has baby soft skin too. I would expect that by his age, though he might be developmentally similar to a teenager, he would still be showing signs of senesence in terms of his skin condition. Most people hardly develop at all beyond the age of twenty, but thirty three year old men do not look twenty years old. He should not look like he does if it were a purely developmental condition.

I'm twenty six, and my face compared to when I was twenty is somewhat sunken, discolored, thinner and with visible beginnings of wrinkles around the eyes. In other words, I look my age. Why doesn't this guy look like what he is - an underdeveloped thirty three year old?

Exactly. And it is for all these points you brought up that he should be studied. Regardless of the obvious biased statements other people are making here.

#28 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Remember that he is quite severely overweight, which tends to smooth out the skin

This implies that all overweight 33 year olds should look younger than their chronological ages, which is evidently not the case, as most of them either look their ages or older. So there is alot more going on here than just his skin being plumped out by excess fat because, I don't know about you, but I have never in my life met an overweight 33 year old who looked like a fresh adlescent in almost every way.

His physical condition makes me suspect that his cardiovascular system might be that of a significantly older man than 30.

It is also known that he is not a healthy eater, he eats fast food, ice cream, and an assortment of other junk food. Typical american teenager right there. And we know what many of them look like. I.E very similar to Andy Milonakis. He is also a known drinker and marijuana smoker.

But the fact that he doesn't take care of himself and STILL looks 14-15 is what fascinates me so much. He needs to at least have his biomarkers checked so the scientific community can determine his biological age.

#29 Ben Simon

• 352 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

I gotta agree with The Fountain here guys. I know that intuitively the idea that he's somehow 'not aging' seems preposterous. And yes, I'm pretty sure there's a great degree of damage going on under the surface that we don't know about. BUT his case is very strange and very interesting regardless. At the least he has excessive reserves of collagen and elastin in his skin (he's overweight so looks that young? pulease. fat thirty three year olds don't look twenty), and i'm throwing in as saying there's more going on than that. It's simple - even with a developmental disorder it should not be possible to look that young. He should look like a sick thirty three year old, but instead he looks like a healthy teenager. That should not be possible.

#30 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

I gotta agree with The Fountain here guys. I know that intuitively the idea that he's somehow 'not aging' seems preposterous. And yes, I'm pretty sure there's a great degree of damage going on under the surface that we don't know about. BUT his case is very strange and very interesting regardless. At the least he has excessive reserves of collagen and elastin in his skin (he's overweight so looks that young? pulease. fat thirty three year olds don't look twenty), and i'm throwing in as saying there's more going on than that. It's simple - even with a developmental disorder it should not be possible to look that young. He should look like a sick thirty three year old, but instead he looks like a healthy teenager. That should not be possible.

I agree with everything you said, accept that he looks 20. he looks 15 max.

Oh and he looks as healthy as an obese teenager can look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users