#211 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:16 AM

Here's how I interpret it.
M=50%
S=30%
Z=~7?% (rounded up to 10%)

This fits the numbers above.
SNull=30%, not as bad as ZZ. Maybe it's too rare to specify a number ?

Um, was it a panic attack, seems like a pretty big coincidence otherwise. Get the results and soon get breathing issues.

Edited by rwac, 15 September 2010 - 01:10 AM.

#212 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

Here's how I interpret it.
M=50%
S=30%
Z=~7?% (rounded up to 10%)

This fits the numbers above.
SNull=30%, not as bad as ZZ. Maybe it's too rare to specify a number ?

Um, was it a panic attack, seems like a pretty big coincidence otherwise. Get the results and soon get breathing issues.

Nah, I went to the ER last night and today I found the results. I not surprised my diagnosis changed. My clinical presentation didn't match the original findings! Made no sense. The SNull is very rare but the literature says it's just as bad as the ZZ. However, my values for AAT are much higher than they are supposed to so things aren't as bad as they seem. My Chest Xray is normal. I'll have the results of the CT scan and spirometry tomorrow so we'll see.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#213 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:04 AM

However, my values for AAT are much higher than they are supposed to so things aren't as bad as they seem. My Chest Xray is normal. I'll have the results of the CT scan and spirometry tomorrow so we'll see.

Those seem like important pieces of data. Your AAT level and condition of your lungs are really the bottom-line items. COPD is normally apparent on an Xray.

#214 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

According to the Doc. my shortness of breath is not caused by a lung problem, despite my genetic predisposition. He thinks it could be a neuromuscular problem and that I should see a neurologist.

Back to square one again.

#215 Boracay

• 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

According to the Doc. my shortness of breath is not caused by a lung problem, despite my genetic predisposition. He thinks it could be a neuromuscular problem and that I should see a neurologist.

Judging by your DHEA levels your adrenal glands are having issues. This should be corrected and could be causing all your shortness of breath. Also it should fix your stress. The adrenals make DHEA and thats why its so low because your adrenals are so fatigued probroly through alot of stress you put your body through....

Heres what you do if your totally committed to a change in your life.

Relax.
Take Naps.
Find a low maintence girlfriend. Recommend if you have money for all those supplements fly to the tropical island of boracay and make love to a beautiful sexy flipina that will give there heart to you

Drop Wheat.....Drop Fruit Juices..Drop Sugar and anything that makes blood sugar spike or taxes your body to make more insulin. This will give your adrenals a rest.

Change your diet from largely carbohydrates to mainly fat for example coconut oil.

go to http://www.musclechatroom.com/forum and make a account. Ask for help balancing out your hormones etc. Like I said. Your dhea is very low like a 70 or 80 years old which indicates fatigued adrenals which is giving you many of the symptoms you have now

#216 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:11 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I have a sincere desire to render some assistance if you're receptive, but could you provide a summary of your relevant symptoms and findings? Because you've jumped around quite a lot, and I'm not really sure how heavily I should weigh your claims. Some, of course, maybe legitimate, and others maybe stemming from anxiety---which by your own admission you suffer from.

Beyond your complaints of anxiety, there are also concerns about cognition, depression, executive function, mineral absorption, some possible viral issues, and a connective tissue disorder. Although I'm not dismissing the possibility of the last three, the treatment approach and patient outcomes of these last three problems is less certain, and maybe contributing to the first four concerns. But, I'm wondering if you would be put more at ease by treating the first four concerns, which have more certain pathways for symptom improvement, and thus, mitigating---and possibly learning to live with--- the effects of last three, which countless doctors have been unable to provide a solution for in spite of your palpable suffering.

As an exercise, could you provide a list of the systemic effects of the last three suspected problems, and with that information, perhaps an effective mitigating strategy can be devised. Because you've been here for quite a while---ceaselessly searching for explanations---and in all honesty, what do you have to show for your diligence?

Edited by Rol82, 27 September 2010 - 11:58 PM.

#217 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:47 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way...

Please, I welcome open criticism. Half the time, I really don't know what I'm going and I want guidance. Part of the problem is that I'm seeing Doctors in a third world country with very limited resources. This makes any diagnosis very difficult especially for complicated or rare pathologies. I finish Medical school this December (yay) and I'll be going back to the States permanently. There, I should have a better idea of what's going on with me. I apologize for this thread being all over the place. But I write this stuff and it comes to me without any particular order.

#218 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

Update stack on page 1

#219 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

Update stack on page 1

Why butyric acid instead of butter ?

#220 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

Update stack on page 1

Why butyric acid instead of butter ?

Been using a lot of antibiotics lately and can't trust my gut flora to do its thing. I'm also consuming butter in modest amounts.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#221 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

I've been feeling much better sinceI started taking Arginine again. My muscle tone and strength is improved and I feel calmer. Overall, I feel pretty good. I was always afraid to use it because I thought it would hypothetically active epstein barr or other herpes type of virus but I'm also taking equal amounts of Lysine just in case.

I also like the fact that Arginine improves proline leves in the body. This is synergistic with Arjuna which raises hydroxyproline, increasing collagen content in the body. I also noticed before that it seems to reduce hand tremors. This makes me very, very happy. I don't attribute these effects to placebo.

Some other neat things about arginine:

- Increases production of Antidiuretic hormone so you retain more water. I have a BIG problem with thirst and dehydration.
- Helps detoxify ammonia which a blood test showed borderline high.
-Arginine in combination with Lysine is anxiolytic
-Aids sleep by increasing nitric oxide levels.
-Aids in weight loss by stimulating Glucagon release. This stimulates lipolysis.

http://www.innvista....no/arginine.htm

Edited by Lufega, 07 December 2010 - 03:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By