- - - - -

Deprenyl saftey?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:53 AM

I've been taking 5mg/day for a few months now for ADD with good results. But lately I been seeing a lot more posts about some of the risks involved and long term side effects for some of the forum members. So far it's the only thing that has helped me ADD that I've tried...maybe I'll try Adderal again since my body has changed so much since I last tried it. Not sure what to do.

#2 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:03 AM

I don't see why it would be a big deal. If anything, the fact you will be losing dopamine less should cut down on dopamine neurotoxicity. You will produce less but it will hang around much, much longer over time.

The l-amp and l-methamp are not going to be great for you, but they don't hit the CNS nearly as much as the D isomers so neurotoxicity on that end should not be a real issue. The only issue you'll probably have is if you stop it might take some time to get back to normal. If anyone else has any reason not to let me know, though, as I take it daily as well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:14 AM

I don't see why it would be a big deal. If anything, the fact you will be losing dopamine less should cut down on dopamine neurotoxicity. You will produce less but it will hang around much, much longer over time.

The l-amp and l-methamp are not going to be great for you, but they don't hit the CNS nearly as much as the D isomers so neurotoxicity on that end should not be a real issue. The only issue you'll probably have is if you stop it might take some time to get back to normal. If anyone else has any reason not to let me know, though, as I take it daily as well.

That's a problem alot of inhibitors seem to have.

There are a number of new substances being developed now that don't seem to have this problem as much maybe. There's a new class of compounds called NNR's (partial nicotine acetylcholine receptors) that work thru partial agonism of nicotinic receptors. Some frontrunners still being developed at the moment include:

ABT089 (from Abbott Labs)

ABT894 (Abbott Pharmaceutical in conjunction with Neurostar)
Ispronicline (from Targacept)

#4 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:00 AM

Those have a lot of promise. If you can get the nicotinic nootropic part without the physical parts you will have an amazing drug.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 OneScrewLoose

• Topic Starter
  • 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:04 AM

gonna give this a little bump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users