Photo
- - - - -

stretchmarks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 inthecity

• 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hi! I'm Bella and I'm new here. I just want to ask if there's any way of removing stretchmarks on your body? Got mine during my last year's pregnancy. They're a little deep so they are really visible. Will wait for any suggestion. Thanks!

#2 cathological

• 112 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:07 AM

If you get stretch marks you're basically screwed. And obviously the previous posts are just clever marketing for whatever the hell it is the person is trying to sell.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:11 PM

You should have looked for help before they occurred. I believe retinoids and laser treatment (585-nm pulsed dye laser IIRC?) are the best options. Retinoids should work well for prevention in my opinion.
Stretch marks are basically a form of scar and the literature on treatment of those is vast but I've got no time to review other treatment modalities (and even less personal experience, I can merely tell you that retinoids do not work particularly well for hypertrophic scars...)

Tretinoin improves stretch marks at 0,1% (1996, n=22) [1]
Low dose tretinoin does not improve stretch marks at 0,025% (1994, n=11) [2]
Improves abdominal striae (2001, n=20) [3]

[1] Kang et al. Arch Dermatol. 1996 May;132(5):519-26.Topical tretinoin (retinoic acid) improves early stretch marks. Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, USA.
[2] Pribanich et al. Low-dose tretinoin does not improve striae distensae: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Cutis. 1994 Aug;54(2):121-4. Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157.
[3] Rangel O et al. Topical tretinoin 0.1% for pregnancy-related abdominal striae: an open-label, multicenter, prospective study. Adv Ther. 2001 Jul-Aug;18(4):181-6. Gynecological-Obstetrics Clinic, ISSEMYM Hospital, Mexico City, Mexico 

Edited by kismet, 07 April 2009 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users