- - - - -

New Resveratrol Product (CR-mimetic)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hughbristic

• Guest Hugh Bristic
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:32 PM

I recently learned of a new supplement called longevinex that contains a bioactive form of resveratrol. Apparently, the makers of the product hired the Harvard scientist whose research shows the CR-mimetic effects of resveratrol to help them in developing a resveratrol-based supplement. Said researcher, David Sinclair, examined the potency of the various supplements on the market and found them severely wanting, so he worked with the longevinex folks to develop a manufacturing process that protects the compound from the oxidation that renders it ineffective. At least, that is the scoop from what I've read on the longevinex site and an article on CBN. I've ordered some, because this appears to be the first supplement that there is some evidence could activate the mechanism responsible for the life extension properties of caloric restriction. They apparently have delayed the release of the supplement at least twice, so it is a little risky, but they claim they will begin shipping in mid to late January.

I also order metformin from on out-of-country online supplier for its supposed CR-mimetic effects as suggested by the LEF article.

Hugh

#2 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 05:29 PM

Hugh,

Thanks for sharing this information.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users