Photo
- - - - -

Looking Forward Looking Back

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Doe

• 291 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 12:09 AM

This is one of the most exciting articles I have read in a long time. The article seems to claim, with some confidence, that we can expect antiaging drugs within ten years. Biotech companies will compete to develop new gene therapies. My life expectancy has at least four more decades without antiaging therapies! Thus, within a decade I can expect a positive feedback loop to begin. This, together with the new robots from Japan, begins to fulfill Kurzweil's prophecy.

http://www.sagecrossroads.com/news.cfm

Of course, if I want to enjoy any of these benefits, the species needs to survive these decades and the Singularity.

#2 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:36 AM

Very excellent article.. ! I've just emailed links to it to all my family who think that aging interventions are too far away in time to think about now..

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 07:47 AM

This is the kind of reults we all are looking for! :)

#4 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:04 AM

Thank you John!

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#5 John Doe

• Topic Starter
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:21 AM

Thank you John!

My pleasure.

SAGE crossroads seems to have redesigned their website. This is the link to the article in the archive:

http://www.sagecross...x.cfm?story=043

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users