- - - - -

bupropion

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:29 AM

has bupropion or ritalin been tested on normal animal's lifespan?

#32 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

I live in Israel. Funny thing is that we have one of the largest generic drugs manufacturers in the world, but you can't get "their" bupropion here (it's the XL version, I think... by TEVA).

Aren't all SR coated? I just know Zyban is more familiar, while I've never seen any talk about Bupron.

Anyway, I've never had much success with natural substances (e.g., tyrosine) in a clearly noticeable way. And I've tried (and still do) plenty.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:59 AM

Oh, teva is very good. I like all their generics. Most of the SR and IR are not coated. Maybe you'll have luck with brewer's yeast. It's funny how hit and miss supplements can be from person to person.

#34 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

Odd question. Not sure about buproprion but I think tyrosine has been.

#35 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

Odd question. Not sure about buproprion but I think tyrosine has been.

Not really related anyway. There are very few drugs that have been tested in the long term for how they effect lifespan. It's very hard to check, even if in animals. Most don't have direct dramatic influence.
Also, tyrosine is a natural amino acid. Should be a problem if you don't take too much.

#36 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:16 AM

(...) There are very few drugs that have been tested in the long term for how they effect lifespan.

Then if a few of them reveal to not reduce lifespan, or even extend it (!), people will definitely prefer those ones.

It's very hard to check, even if in animals.

A few weeks in worms or flies, one or two years in pre-aged lab mice. Add the time to prepare the experiment. Don't take short lived mutants otherwise people will criticise the study and the product. At the end you have appealing results.

Most don't have direct dramatic influence.

Hopefully! Suppose you take 5 supplements and one increases cancer risks... Since people now very mainly live until they die of age-related troubles, it is important to know if one takes something bad for health in the long term.

Edited by AgeVivo, 20 May 2009 - 07:47 AM.

#37 DairyProducts

• 207 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

Does anyone know about any long term effects of bupropion? I haven't found a lot about it.
Would there be problems if you took it for the rest of your life?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#38 Aimilee

• 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

[

quote name='DairyProducts' date='Apr 5 2010, 09:56 AM' post='397138']
Does anyone know about any long term effects of bupropion? I haven't found a lot about it.
Would there be problems if you took it for the rest of your life?
[/quote

I'm interested to know this as well.

Bupropion has done wonders for me in the past. It increased my energy levels, motivation, attention, verbal fluidity, sex drive and overall cognition. I did notice a gradual leveling off after about a month and then continued for about another 3 months. At about the four month mark the improvement remained the same.

I stopped taking it because I was getting really weird sensations in my extremities. I can really only describe it as a feeling of electrical currents pulsing through my body. I also felt really restless when my body was still which would affect my sleep. Strangely, I never felt tired during the day due to this side effect, but it was very distracting to me and I was concerned that I was damaging my CNS in some way or something. Though, as you probably can tell, I know very little on this subject.

Being off the med for about 8 months now, I feel as bad as I did before I started taking it. It took a few months for me to fall back to baseline. I'm not sure why it took that long because I know the half life on the drug is only 12-17 hrs.

Anyone else experience strange body sensations while taking this drug, or have any insight on why this would happen?

Edited by Aimilee, 03 May 2010 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users