• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

What choline do you guys want me to carry?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

I have citrate, bitartrate and A-GPC. What other items do you guys want to see?

#2 Doc Eight or DE

• 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:28 PM

A-GPC

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:44 PM

100% alpha-gpc, not 50%.

#4 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:26 AM

K, I have 50% on hand, will look for some 100% tonight. The other choline's are so cheap compared to AGPC. Is it really that much better?

#5 YBC

• 26 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

Is centrophenoxine out of the question?

#6 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

i find alpha-gpc to be excellent. most people cite it as the best. i've not tried other types.

#7 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

100% alpha-gpc, not 50%.

Does that really matter? Isn't about the price per dosage? What is that other 50% and does it interfere in any way?

#8 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

Does that really matter? Isn't about the price per dosage? What is that other 50% and does it interfere in any way?

some people on this forum prefer 100% purity. similar to resveratrol, everyone seems to prefer 98-99% pure RSV.

i've ordered the 50% purity from 1fast400 before, and there is nothing on the label that explains what the other 50% is in the mix. so if the other 50% is well explained and not harmful, i have no problem with it. but i'd rather have 100% purity and 50% less product in the container, personally.

IMO, the 50% alpha-gpc from 1fast400 and others, while probably decent quality, seemed like an attempt to "appear" dramatically lower in price per gram of alpha-gpc vs. 100% purity. They advertise 50g of Alpha-GPC at $X, but then state it is only 50% purity, so the net cost per gram is actually different (one half). It is still cheaper because it's bought in bulk, when you net out the 50% purity vs. 100% purity, but not as cheap as some people probably think vs. other 100% pure sources.

Edited by prophets, 13 May 2009 - 09:24 AM.

#9 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

I prefere DMAE

#10 punkideas

• 23 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

I'd second the centrophenoxine. I know a couple other sites have it in bulk powder form, but I'd rather have just one place for nootropics. The other thing that may be worth looking at is CDP-choline, if you can get it at a good price (significantly cheaper than Alpha-GPC), since a lot of people seem to like it better than -citrate or -bitartate, as a more cost effective alternative. Would you be interested in full lists of stuff that we'd like to get in bulk, or other categories of nootropics?

#11 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:44 AM

For some reason I had it in my head that the other % was malto. Will find out tomorrow

#12 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:02 AM

CDP-choline is not stable enough to be sold as a powder - I seem to recall. Centrophenoxine isn't very stable and needs refrigeration. I'd buy 100% alpha-GPC powder if you can beat Source Naturals price per mg. Alpha-GPC is easily the most efficacious out of the lot.

Choline citrate is a nice cost-effective one, but it seems that some of it degrades to trimethylamine - due to the smell of the powder. Bitartrate is crap.

#13 punkideas

• 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

CDP-choline is not stable enough to be sold as a powder - I seem to recall. Centrophenoxine isn't very stable and needs refrigeration. I'd buy 100% alpha-GPC powder if you can beat Source Naturals price per mg. Alpha-GPC is easily the most efficacious out of the lot.

Choline citrate is a nice cost-effective one, but it seems that some of it degrades to trimethylamine - due to the smell of the powder. Bitartrate is crap.

Good to know. I'm using citrate now, since Alpha-GPC is out of my price range for regular use. I'll have to remember to refrigerate centro if I get it again. Out of curiosity, what is your source of info on choline source stability etc? I'm a bit of an information junkie.

#14 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

Do you feel that the CENTROPHENOXINE bulk powder from NutraceuticsRx is fine as long as it is refrigerated once open? Relentless Improvement states that they refrigerate their sealed bottle supply until shipment. of course, bulk powder is a savings over pre-encapsulated quantities from R.I., though...............

Thanks.....

M.

Edited by Mortuorum, 30 July 2009 - 09:01 AM.

#15 VampIyer

• 204 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

I don't know about the centrophenoxine, but about A-GPC:

I thought most manufacturers just used the 50% A-GPC. It's called alpha-size from cheminutra: http://www.cheminutra.com/alphasize/
I wasn't aware of a 100% A-GPC product.

They also produce the Serinaid Phosphatidyl Serine 50% product.

#16 unsleepable

• 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

Alpha-GPC, please!

#17 Mortuorum

• 91 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:49 PM

CENTROPHENOXINE!!!! GALANTAMINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POWDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Please! Thanks, Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:06 AM

Egg yolk choline for those who are allergic to the soy source which is used in most commercial powders. Then again, dried egg-yolk powder would be good too. Egg yolks got rid of my piracetam headache and it never came back. The hens need our support.

And though this is off-topic, my next quest and indeed request for stock is Centrophenoxine, which after all my researches appears to be a powerful brain cleaner, up there with DEAE and DMAE as far as lipofuscin-hoovering capability.

Edited by Isochroma, 08 August 2009 - 04:06 AM.

#19 supernoober

• 40 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:22 AM

Most definitely 100% alpha-GPC and centrophenoxine if possible

#20 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:03 AM

i can't remember what board i saw it on, but I believe that 50% is typically the highest purity you can get with alpha-gpc because it's too unstable and that it's typically bonded to l-glycine, but don't take my word for it.

what about a high purity phosphatidyl-serine/phosphatidyl-choline lecithin powder? or maybe bulk liquid phosphatidylserine?

i kind of want to stay away from alpha-gpc because if the effect it has on growth-hormone. after i read about that, i try to stick to the simpler choline sources.

then again... i did love centrophenoxine.

#21 supernoober

• 40 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:24 AM

i can't remember what board i saw it on, but I believe that 50% is typically the highest purity you can get with alpha-gpc because it's too unstable and that it's typically bonded to l-glycine, but don't take my word for it.

what about a high purity phosphatidyl-serine/phosphatidyl-choline lecithin powder? or maybe bulk liquid phosphatidylserine?

i kind of want to stay away from alpha-gpc because if the effect it has on growth-hormone. after i read about that, i try to stick to the simpler choline sources.

then again... i did love centrophenoxine.

yo pike. whats bad about a-gpc? I'm 19 but I still want my wrist/jawline/height to be thicker/taller. Should I take alpha-GPC?

#22 Joie de vivre

• 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

You should offer lower bulks of Phenibut. 100g lasts too long if you're using it properly.

#23 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

I would, but the volume wouldn't be there to justify it. There are new manufacturing requirements that require GMP, etc. Doing a small size would require me running so much material that I would be sitting on inventory for months. Even if 100g is too much, at the price offered it's one of the cheapest prices you'll find per gram.

#24 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:00 AM

APLHA GPC = Please!! ;)

I would, but the volume wouldn't be there to justify it. There are new manufacturing requirements that require GMP, etc. Doing a small size would require me running so much material that I would be sitting on inventory for months. Even if 100g is too much, at the price offered it's one of the cheapest prices you'll find per gram.

#25 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:16 AM

i really don't see a reason why anyone, consumer or merchant, would want to have a-gpc.

from a merchant's perspective, it's an expensive compound that's hard to sell, has a limited market to which you actually COULD sell to, and has major issues with molecular instability. from a consumer's perspective, it's an overpriced supplement that doesn't offer any mechanism of action unique of it's less potent derivatives aside from a big HGH punch in the face, which probably should be avoided to those who are still growing.

i'm going to go with Centrophenoxine. it's a choline source with several actions independent of it's derivatives and doesn't have that HGH sneak-attack. if you carried that in stock i imagine that i would be in one big hurry to order from you. i'm pretty damn satisfied with the piracetam that i ordered from you, so if you even matched CerebralHealth's price for centro, you'd have my order in a flash.

OH, and under the abstract possibility that you did stock centro: if you made 250mg centro caps in bottles of more than the puny 60 or 120 that everyone else has... oh man, game over... I'd buy a bottle (if not a couple) right now.

#26 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

I'm glad you started carrying Galantamine but I didn't see choline anywhere. You are SP? BTW, I prefer Bitartrate.

#27 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:33 PM

whats the best, CDP, dmae, or that centro thing people mention?

#28 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

I can't legally sell anything outside of what I currently carry until Dec 31st. It's part of a non compete clause from when I sold bulknutrition/1fast400 in 06

#29 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

OK, we'll wait. Thanks for staying in the nootropics business and producing high quality products - always good to know someone like that. ;)

I can't legally sell anything outside of what I currently carry until Dec 31st. It's part of a non compete clause from when I sold bulknutrition/1fast400 in 06

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 magnanyme

• 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

CDP Please !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users