Photo
- - - - -

Important Question!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Proconsul

• 108 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hi! Many of you have tried Resv for sevral years now, at different dosages. I have a very important, crucial question to you: have some of you ever noticed a clearly observable, visible effect after taking regularly this supplemet? I'm particularly thinking to decrease in number of grey hairs, or grey/white hairs reverting to dark at the root, and decrease in wrinkles/skin thinning? I think it's a very important point and I would be grateful to receive feedback. Also, if you have seen such phenotypical changes, please specify resveratrol dosage. Thank you!

#2 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

I have been taking Resveratrol for a few months in oral form (250 mgs, 99% pure, micronized, emulsified) combined with a Transdermal. I used the transdermal for a few months prior by itself. I have noticed a decrease in fat, dropped 2 inches on my waist, increase in muscle tone, better stamina and energy. It seemingly has done nothing in the grey hair department though. I will take it, at this point, as long as I can afford the highest quality available. I am probably ingesting about 500 mgs a day, 5 days a week with oral and transdermal combined. I take no medications, and occasional other supplements. Hopefully this supplement will continue to deliver, I think that taking it 5 to 6 days a week helps defray some costs and any possible sides or tolerance that could develop. So far, so good! Of course, this could all be placebo and a result of other factors. If you have any questions I will try to answer them.

Edited by 2tender, 26 May 2009 - 01:09 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 trz

• 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

60 year old male, 1 year usage, between 700 mg and 2 grams per day. Currently at 700 mg Country Life 50%, supplemented with 1400 mg quercetin. I used RevGenetics x500 for one week,
but had very significant snapping of bones, pain in joints, pain in feet, hands, muscles, and random electrical type pulses, difficulty sleeping due to pain in shoulders and neck, restless legs.

Switched back to CL, which I had originally taken without as much problem (except loose bowels), and symptoms diminished immediately.
Added quercetin to CL at this point, and loose bowel problem became more manageable. Raised CL from 1 gram to 2 grams with 4 grams quercetin. Felt great, though neck pain persisted. Tried RevGen X500 again, same issues, on first day of re-use. Discontinued X500.

After one year, my impressions: greater core strength, better balance, less vertigo, better eye-hand coordination, smoothed wrinkles, younger facial appearance, darker, fuller hair, possibly improved heart/lungs (generally easier breathing at rest and under stress). Still have occasional neck and collarbone issues - left collarbone often cracks painfully during circular movement of shoulder, never did this before resveratrol.

Wife, age 55, after four months of CL resveratrol 100 mg plus 200 mg quercetin, has clearly diminished wrinkles (several people have commented), vibrant hair, no remarkable side effects.

#4 Proconsul

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

60 year old male, 1 year usage, between 700 mg and 2 grams per day. Currently at 700 mg Country Life 50%, supplemented with 1400 mg quercetin. I used RevGenetics x500 for one week,
but had very significant snapping of bones, pain in joints, pain in feet, hands, muscles, and random electrical type pulses, difficulty sleeping due to pain in shoulders and neck, restless legs.

Switched back to CL, which I had originally taken without as much problem (except loose bowels), and symptoms diminished immediately.
Added quercetin to CL at this point, and loose bowel problem became more manageable. Raised CL from 1 gram to 2 grams with 4 grams quercetin. Felt great, though neck pain persisted. Tried RevGen X500 again, same issues, on first day of re-use. Discontinued X500.

After one year, my impressions: greater core strength, better balance, less vertigo, better eye-hand coordination, smoothed wrinkles, younger facial appearance, darker, fuller hair, possibly improved heart/lungs (generally easier breathing at rest and under stress). Still have occasional neck and collarbone issues - left collarbone often cracks painfully during circular movement of shoulder, never did this before resveratrol.

Wife, age 55, after four months of CL resveratrol 100 mg plus 200 mg quercetin, has clearly diminished wrinkles (several people have commented), vibrant hair, no remarkable side effects.

Thank You for teh replies! That was very interesting, especially the part relative to darker hairs, TRZ! That should be an effect objectively observable, and not due to possible placebo effects - like feeling 'better', stronger etc. Did you or your wife notice hairs grey at the top but dark at the root? That should be a proof that a real reversing of an aging mechanism has occurred. Thanx again.

#5 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

Gray hairs dark at the bottom but not the top are not evidence of hair turning black. The first step toward a follicle turning from dark to grey is for the hair to start gray, then switch to black as the hair grows. After a few months the hair falls out as the follicle goes dormant. It will come in grayer next time as the genes for color take longer to switch on.....

I've seen no evidence of my gray hair turning black, but I do continue to have little gray hair formy age.

#6 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

After months of RSV use, I have noticed less gray hair on my head where it was graying, the beard is gray as ever. I have lost a tremendous amount of fat approx. 15 lbs, and improved muscle tone, despite the fact that I stopped exercise for 2 months. I attribute these changes directly to the addition of RSV to my regimen. But I have no scientific measurements to back this, so categorically, it is placebo and just my opinion.

#7 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:26 AM

Like I mentioned in another post, I had a couple of positive changes. I take 325mg of Walgreens Finest.

Right now I am solidly in middle age, and my skin is now oily. As much as I hate that yucky greasy feeling, it is a good thing. ;) Had to stop using face creams and body lotions. Obviously skin is naturally more hydrated in the summer. But it has been well over 10 years since I have had overly oily skin, even in the summer.

Been prematurely grey since my early twenties. Roots have been pure white for at least 15 years. Last time I dyed my hair, my roots were an even mixture of dark and white. (Like in my late twenties.)

#8 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

Like I mentioned in another post, I had a couple of positive changes. I take 325mg of Walgreens Finest.

Right now I am solidly in middle age, and my skin is now oily. As much as I hate that yucky greasy feeling, it is a good thing. ;) Had to stop using face creams and body lotions. Obviously skin is naturally more hydrated in the summer. But it has been well over 10 years since I have had overly oily skin, even in the summer.

Been prematurely grey since my early twenties. Roots have been pure white for at least 15 years. Last time I dyed my hair, my roots were an even mixture of dark and white. (Like in my late twenties.)

Walgreens product contains an insignificant amount of resveratrol. It uses a product called Resvinol. From Walgreens website:

Walgreens' Resveratrol features ResVinol-25, a concentrated, proprietary extract providing 25% trans-Resveratrol (the most potent form), and 20% red wine polyphenols.

Each 160 mg pill apparently contains contains only 40 mg of resveratrol. I had a chance to analyze Resvinol-25 several years ago. Besides 25% resveratrol, it contains 20% emodin which is a powerful laxative, and a comparable amount of physcion, another phsiologically active compound.

The amount of resveratrol is relatively low, but the amount of emodin is high enough to cause cramps and intestinal upset in most people, especially if more than the recommended dose is taken. Perhaps your effects are due to the impurities in Walgreen's product?

#9 fatboy

• 286 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:31 AM

I'm particularly thinking to decrease in number of grey hairs, or grey/white hairs reverting to dark at the root, and decrease in wrinkles/skin thinning?

Resv 600mg @50% for one year, then 500mg @98% with Tween80 for 3 months, more grey hairs than ever (46 yo male getting older every day, so no surprise there). Skin is thicker, more elastic, and less wrinkly but I attribute that more to HRT than resveratrol.

#10 TianZi

• 519 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:04 AM

Hi! Many of you have tried Resv for sevral years now, at different dosages. I have a very important, crucial question to you: have some of you ever noticed a clearly observable, visible effect after taking regularly this supplemet? I'm particularly thinking to decrease in number of grey hairs, or grey/white hairs reverting to dark at the root, and decrease in wrinkles/skin thinning? I think it's a very important point and I would be grateful to receive feedback. Also, if you have seen such phenotypical changes, please specify resveratrol dosage. Thank you!

If you want cosmetic results, use cosmetic products.

I've noticed no whiter hair turning dark again after 4 years of using at least 500 mg. of resveratorl daily, and 2,000 mg twice daily in 99%, micronized form for about the last 1.5 years. I didn't expect to. And new white hairs have continued to develop.

Skin quality is better, but i attribute that more to my vigorous exercise regimen and *cosmetic* skin creams than resveratrol or my other supplements.

Finally, the kind of testimonials you are seeking are basically worthless. It's amazing the power of the mind to convince itself of something it wants to believe.

Edited by TianZi, 14 June 2009 - 04:19 AM.

#11 Taelr

• 29 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:44 AM

So really there is absolutely no credible evidence that taking R in any quantities or qualities has any positive anti-aging effect on humans? Is that correct?

Edited by Taelr, 14 June 2009 - 04:46 AM.

#12 fatboy

• 286 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:59 AM

So really there is absolutely no credible evidence that taking R in any quantities or qualities has any positive anti-aging effect on humans? Is that correct?

No, that is not correct.

#13 Proconsul

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

If you want cosmetic results, use cosmetic products.

I've noticed no whiter hair turning dark again after 4 years of using at least 500 mg. of resveratorl daily, and 2,000 mg twice daily in 99%, micronized form for about the last 1.5 years. I didn't expect to. And new white hairs have continued to develop.

Skin quality is better, but i attribute that more to my vigorous exercise regimen and *cosmetic* skin creams than resveratrol or my other supplements.

Finally, the kind of testimonials you are seeking are basically worthless. It's amazing the power of the mind to convince itself of something it wants to believe.

Anedoctical testimonials have little value, and certainly they are useless for a scientific work. They could however provide a hint for further, serious invgstigations . If resveratrol had some anti-aging and rejuveniting properties, there should be a consistent number of people who experience noticeable effects. These effects could simply be due to autosuggestion, so they wouldn't constitute a proof, but they could also be due to a real rejuvenating effect. Hair greying and other 'cosmetic' effects would constitute indicators. It would certainly be possible for researchers to investigate the effects of resveratrol on hair greying, but I haven't found any article yet.

#14 Proconsul

• Topic Starter
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

No, that is not correct.

What kind of evidence supports such anti-ageing effect? Arterial function worsen with age, and resveratrol seems to have a beneficial effect. In this sense, you can say that resveratrol perhaps has an anti-ageing effect, but that is not like saying that resveratrol increases maximal life span or slow the general decaying of the organism caused by aging. As yet, I don't see any proof of that, and I think the risks associated with high dose resveratrol could even outweight the benefits. I think what we can reasonably say so far is that moderate dosage may be beneficial for health, and this is the criterium I'm presently following.

#15 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

No, that is not correct.

What kind of evidence supports such anti-ageing effect? Arterial function worsen with age, and resveratrol seems to have a beneficial effect. In this sense, you can say that resveratrol perhaps has an anti-ageing effect, but that is not like saying that resveratrol increases maximal life span or slow the general decaying of the organism caused by aging. As yet, I don't see any proof of that, and I think the risks associated with high dose resveratrol could even outweight the benefits. I think what we can reasonably say so far is that moderate dosage may be beneficial for health, and this is the criterium I'm presently following.

I am old enough that the science on resveratrol will go through two stages: 1) too soon to tell, and 2) too late for it to do me any good.

When Sinclair released the second part of his study in rats last year, the one comparing normal-diet rats with and without resveratrol, there was no increase in maximal life-span in the resveratrol group compared to the controls. It is more complicated than that, with calorically restricted mice thrown in the mix, both with and without resveratrol, and the study has been subject to analysis reminiscent of medieval theologians debating the number of angels on the head of a pin; it was enough to call the methodology into question to the point I would like to see the study repeated in another lab.

One thing I did take away from the paper, though, is this: the resveratrol-fed mice were healthier than the control group, a conclusion the researchers based on activity level, quality of fur, joint health, arteriosclerosis, and such. So why did they not live longer if they were healthier?

If the same holds true for humans, then I would still prefer to be healthy in old age rather than decrepit. There is considerable evidence from short-term human studies that large doses of resveratrol improve glucose metabolism, hypertension and blood lipids without any evident harmful effects being evident. Without resveratrol at 500 mg or more daily, arthritis limits my ability to function. For me the risks are outweighed by the benefits. If I were under thirty and in good health, I might take a wait-and-see attitude.

#16 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

No, that is not correct.

I am old enough that the science on resveratrol will go through two stages: 1) too soon to tell, and 2) too late for it to do me any good.

When Sinclair released the second part of his study in rats last year, the one comparing normal-diet rats with and without resveratrol, there was no increase in maximal life-span in the resveratrol group compared to the controls. It is more complicated than that, with calorically restricted mice thrown in the mix, both with and without resveratrol, and the study has been subject to analysis reminiscent of medieval theologians debating the number of angels on the head of a pin; it was enough to call the methodology into question to the point I would like to see the study repeated in another lab.

One thing I did take away from the paper, though, is this: the resveratrol-fed mice were healthier than the control group, a conclusion the researchers based on activity level, quality of fur, joint health, arteriosclerosis, and such. So why did they not live longer if they were healthier?

If the same holds true for humans, then I would still prefer to be healthy in old age rather than decrepit. There is considerable evidence from short-term human studies that large doses of resveratrol improve glucose metabolism, hypertension and blood lipids without any evident harmful effects being evident. Without resveratrol at 500 mg or more daily, arthritis limits my ability to function. For me the risks are outweighed by the benefits. If I were under thirty and in good health, I might take a wait-and-see attitude.

Agreed, my logic is similar, there was research on Resveratrol before Sinclair, it focused on Grape Polyphenols, but RSV was mentioned. I dont recall any rodents studies and I doubt the abstracts are still available, unless someone has some back issues of LEF magazine. Ive been seeing positive results in body composition, less aches and pains, more stamina since I added the oral, Emulsified, Micronized, 99% pure extract to my regimen. Of course I have no Scientific measurements other than my own self perception. These perceived changes did not happen overnight and are only after a minimum of 3 months,of 5 to 7 day a week dosing of the oral, preceeded by 3 months TD use, total 6 months use of Resveratrol, with the last 3 months TD and oral combined.

Edited by 2tender, 14 June 2009 - 01:59 PM.

#17 tom a

• 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

Likely this was already addressed in an earlier post somewhere, but what, exactly, did the resveratrol-fed mice die of? Does anybody know? Were the causes of death in any way different from those of control mice?

#18 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

Likely this was already addressed in an earlier post somewhere, but what, exactly, did the resveratrol-fed mice die of? Does anybody know? Were the causes of death in any way different from those of control mice?

You inspired me to look at the paper (Pearson et al., Resveratrol Delays Age-Related Deterioration and Mimics Transcriptional Aspects of Dietary Restriction without Extending Life Span, Cell Metabolism (2008), doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2008.06.011):

Blinded postmortem histopathology for disease or predisease
states was performed on visceral organs including the heart, kidneys,
liver, spleen, lungs, and pancreas (Table S3). Resveratrol
treatment did not significantly alter the distribution of pathologies
in SD groups. This included neoplasias, despite the potency
of resveratrol against implanted or chemically induced tumors,
recently reviewed elsewhere (Baur and Sinclair, 2006). This
may be related to the fact that the vast majority of these cases
were lymphomas, a tumor type for which the efficacy of resveratrol
has not been thoroughly assessed, and that is thought to be
triggered mainly by endogenous retroviruses in mice (Kaplan,
1967; Risser et al., 1983).

Apparently, the mice were dying of a disease aganinst which resveratrol does not provide a defence: lymphomas caused by retroviruses. It would be interesting to repeat the study with mice that are not infected with this virus.

#19 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:47 AM

You inspired me to look at the paper (Pearson et al., Resveratrol Delays Age-Related Deterioration and Mimics Transcriptional Aspects of Dietary Restriction without Extending Life Span, Cell Metabolism (2008), doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2008.06.011):

Blinded postmortem histopathology for disease or predisease
states was performed on visceral organs including the heart, kidneys,
liver, spleen, lungs, and pancreas (Table S3). Resveratrol
treatment did not significantly alter the distribution of pathologies
in SD groups. This included neoplasias, despite the potency
of resveratrol against implanted or chemically induced tumors,
recently reviewed elsewhere (Baur and Sinclair, 2006). This
may be related to the fact that the vast majority of these cases
were lymphomas, a tumor type for which the efficacy of resveratrol
has not been thoroughly assessed, and that is thought to be
triggered mainly by endogenous retroviruses in mice (Kaplan,
1967; Risser et al., 1983).

Apparently, the mice were dying of a disease aganinst which resveratrol does not provide a defence: lymphomas caused by retroviruses. It would be interesting to repeat the study with mice that are not infected with this virus.

There are many internet "vendors" trying to pump resveratrol as an anti-aging solution for cosmetic purposes. They often link to news clips such as this:

I take 200 mg resveratrol and I am consider bumping it up to 400 mg. It's hard to say if it is affecting my skin or not because I am taking other supplements.

#20 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

It's possible to have gray hair and wrinkles and also be healthy, but you probably won't get dates with young people. It's possible to look great and be really sick inside, too. Resveratrol is not something that I expect to get cosmetic benefits from. That's ok because there are plenty of other things that will do that, like topical ascorbic acid and oral silicic acid (BioSil). A supplement might be doing you a lot of good yet you won't necessarily "feel" anything. What does it feel like to not have a stroke today?

#21 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

I have noticed a decreased prominence in naso-labial fold as well as forehead lines since I added RSV to my regimen over 12 weeks ago.

#22 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

I have noticed a decreased prominence in naso-labial fold as well as forehead lines since I added RSV to my regimen over 12 weeks ago.

Photos?

#23 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:43 AM

Sorry dont have those, there is a distinct difference though. I didnt anticipate that benefit and it certainly didnt transpire overnight.

#24 seekonk

• 85 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:57 AM

This seems too rapid. Are you sure this cannot be explained by other effects, such as weight gain or loss, water gain or loss, spring temperatures that make you sweat more, being outside more and therefore more tanned, or changes in level of physical activity or physical and mental stress? For example, I noticed significantly decreased facial wrinkles since I hurt my back six weeks ago and as a consequence have only been able to sleep on my back, as opposed to my usual face-scrunching side position, coupled with the relaxing effect of hydrocodone. In fact, I'm thinking of patenting the lumbago facelift. :)

Edited by seekonk, 20 June 2009 - 01:00 AM.

#25 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

This seems too rapid. Are you sure this cannot be explained by other effects, such as weight gain or loss, water gain or loss, spring temperatures that make you sweat more, being outside more and therefore more tanned, or changes in level of physical activity or physical and mental stress? For example, I noticed significantly decreased facial wrinkles since I hurt my back six weeks ago and as a consequence have only been able to sleep on my back, as opposed to my usual face-scrunching side position, coupled with the relaxing effect of hydrocodone. In fact, I'm thinking of patenting the lumbago facelift. :)

Perhaps there are more factors at work, this winter was extremely harsh here, there is more humidity. I have been using a transdermal RSV lotion for 48 weeks as well as the oral, I noticed the skin in the areas I apply it on has a good tone, I seemed to notice that effect in the face, I have lost weight and I do exercise, I avoid too much Sun, Oh well! More placebo effects lol

#26 trz

• 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

Perhaps there are more factors at work, this winter was extremely harsh here, there is more humidity. I have been using a transdermal RSV lotion for 48 weeks as well as the oral, I noticed the skin in the areas I apply it on has a good tone, I seemed to notice that effect in the face, I have lost weight and I do exercise, I avoid too much Sun, Oh well! More placebo effects lol

I also have experienced reduced forehead lines. After several months of resveratrol use, my rather prominent forehead furrows became almost smooth. After one year of use, no further change. I was surprised by this, as I was not looking for any particular visible result.

#27 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

The results I was looking for were in body composition, and energy levels. I still have lines in my forehead, but they are less pronounced, before I could touch my forehead and feel them, now I cant. I should have gotten before pictures. While all these observations regarding skin may be placebo, the weight loss is not.

#28 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:37 AM

Resveretrol has had yet another unintended effect on me! All this recent focusing on better health from resveratrol, has made me start doing something I have not done in 10 years. Exercise!!! Obviously it is not a direct effect of the pill itself, but a favorable one indeed. I guess I just needed to see that a magic pill wasn't going to do it on its own. LOL....

I blow off weight like crazy when I exercise. (The last time I exercised, I lost 40 pounds with 10 semi personal trainer sessions, and a coinciding home program.) I have 2 slow starting trainer sessions under my belt, (and am nowhere near a decent regime yet), 15 min of home cardio every other day, and daily back stabilizing exercises, and I already have muscles starting to bulge in spots! This is the norm for me, although it may sound unusual. I have a physiological muscle disorder that provides me with muscle mass even though I am the laziest person on the planet. So imagine what happens when I exercise. WOWZA!!!! When I was younger, I was ashamed of all that muscle mass. (For example, I walked into health spas without any recent exercise and had male weight trainers make snide comments that my muscles were larger than theirs.) When I exercise I can still lose all that weight and at the same time, increase my calorie intake by 2-3 times! So if it is so easy for me, why don't I do it all the time. LOL.....

All I have to say is YIPEE!!!!! I am feeling younger already! This is DEFINATELY the best effect of all!

Oh and one more thing. Resveretrol seems to go well with grape seed extract.

Edited by katrina, 22 June 2009 - 08:30 AM.

#29 alexd

• 106 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

Although the information I am going to share is anecdotal I believe it is pertinent. In regards to this I would like to point out that when penicillin was first created, it was tested on people who were subjected to the ravages of bacterial infection with , for that time, astounding results. This was not a statistically significant approach to testing but the reversal of an extremely negative condition was seen as an obvious and significant response. All I am saying is I think that sometimes individual responses can be a “tell” . This does not preclude the need to further substantiate what is being investigated, but I think we have to try to keep ourselves open to anecdotal things that might support a hypothesis.

Also if anyone here can help me find out how to get what I take tested for content, I would really appreciate it.

Also if there is a way to post pictures here I am willing to present my drivers licnese made about two years ago and a current photo for comparison.

I have mentioned this in other posts so if you have heard some of this before it is intentional.

I take an extract of Japanese knotweed root from a supplier of Chinese herbs. I went this route due to cost. This specific extract is somewhat water soluble. I do not know the process involved in making it. I buy it in 3.5 oz bottles an d encapsulate it , for my own convenience. I use OO capsules. I currently weigh about 158 lbs. I am 56 years old.

I went bald typical male pattern baldness. I used rogaine and the shampoo with noticeable but limited hair growth. When I started taking resveratrol the hair growth has accelerated and now I have something to comb.

My facial hair went grey. Now my beard is slowly returning to its darker state. No grey hairs that I noticed have turned dark at the roots. Rather newly emerging hairs are dark and have remained so.

Initially taking 6 capsules spaced out throughout the day, I lost 14 lbs and most of it off my gut. I now fit into suits that I had given up on ever wearing again.

I suffer from high blood pressure. I take lisinipril for that. With the resveratrol my blood pressure has occasionally been on the low side. Even when not taking the prescribed medicine.

I also take 3 caps of astralogous root (Puritans Pride) a day and make an effort to try to drink 16/32 oz of green tea brewed for 5/6 minutes in order to try to get the most quercitan in it.
A friend of mine who is obese, diabetic, has hepc (zero viral load due to drugs) and is a liver transplant recipient. Takes about 3 capsules a day. His blood sugar levels have improved as much as 50 pts, neuropathy in his feet has reversed, he too is bald and he is experiencing the regrowth of hair (slower than me, he does not use any other method to encourage it) and he has been loosing about 8.5 lbs of weight a month.

My weight loss has moderated and I suspect that increasing exercise would help this. My friend does not exercise much. One of his doctors, asked him what was causing these improvements. She is curious and wants to look into this further.

My energy level is high and despite being somewhat out of shape I do not get winded easily.

I am willing to supply pictures, but be warned I am no Brad Pitt!

I have experienced none of the gastric symptoms associated with emodin, neither has my friend.

I have oily skin but I also take DHEA which seems to increase that so I am not going to attribute that to resveratrol although it might contribute to it.

In looking at my 10 year old passport picture my wife commented that I do not look older.

This is what is happening. I am making no scientific claims, just reporting. People in my family tend to die young, so I figured the risk reward ratio in trying this unscientific approach was acceptable.

As I mentioned before I really would like to find out the components of this extract.

I have not taken other versions of resveratrol, so I cannot make a comparison.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 seekonk

• 85 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

To attach pictures, just browse and upload attachments using the buttons below the message text composition window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users