- - - - -

NOOPEPT - Ноопепт

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:36 AM

Noopept.ru - Instructions for use

I have just placed a single 10mg Noopept tablet under my tongue. I plan to take another dose today and increase my dosage to three tablets tomorrow.

This thread will serve as a journal of my experience with the compound.

So far it has been around half an hour since my first dose. I think I feel very slightly more focused. This could be my imagination though.

Posted Image

#2 russianBEAR

• 432 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:20 AM

Weird that it says no prescription required. Usually they at least pretend around here, that this is "prescription only". Of course when Im droppin close to a hundred bucks on say, Cerebrolysine, the script becomes merely a "suggestion" to them since it about to be money made.

Never tried it though, but I find that part weird.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Weird that it says no prescription required. Usually they at least pretend around here, that this is "prescription only". Of course when Im droppin close to a hundred bucks on say, Cerebrolysine, the script becomes merely a "suggestion" to them since it about to be money made.

Never tried it though, but I find that part weird.

Haha. I'd really like to have a family member in Russian pharmacy right now.

Noopept:

I took two 10mg tablets today and held each under my tongue untill dissolved. I took them both with about 4 hours in between. Tomorrow I'll repeat this then experiment with three on the third day to see what happens.

Ok, I honestly really can't tell you if this was placebo or not (because the effects were not perceptibly mind blowing) but I felt... Different. Factually I can tell you that I managed to do more study today than I have done all week- maintaining focus stoically. This again, could just simply be an increase in my motivation to study in order to determine the drugs effects, and not the stuff itself.

There was a certain clarity though. I can't really put my finger on it but what I'm doing at the moment is quite technical and I was able to focus more than I was able to yesterday. Maybe another day on it will reveal something more substantial.

#4 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

Does the manufacturer instruct you to administer the tablet sublingually, or was that your own idea? I'm sure it helps absorption either way.

#5 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:10 PM

After trying noopept for about two weeks I concluded it has little effect if any. I might try it later for a longer period of time. I tried up to 30mg at a time with not noticeable effect.

#6 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

Does the manufacturer instruct you to administer the tablet sublingually, or was that your own idea? I'm sure it helps absorption either way.

On the product's website there's a half-transliteration, half-english version of the original FAQ. One of the questions is: "I see one of the active ingredients is glycine, why can't I just take glycine instead?"

The answer is that because Noopept is taken sublingually, its glycine bypasses the digestive system.

So I inferred from that that it's meant to be taken under the tongue.

#7 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:59 AM

There is definitely a difference. Today was the third day that I Noopept, having only taken two of the three 10mg tablet dosage I plan to take. I had an exam today. While I can't tell you that I performed any better on the exam than I have previously, there was definitely a difference.

One thing I that I can state is that I have had a reduction in anxiety. A really noticeable reduction in it. Although this could just be an increase in confidence that think this is coming from the greater clarity of mind I have. As you can probably tell through my confused prose, the effects are extremely subtle so far and difficult to properly discern and thus relate. If I needed to sum the feeling up I could by saying that I felt as if my spirits have been lifted and that there is a greater liquidity in thoughts. Also, since starting, I think I've been able to concentrate on my study better.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 12 June 2009 - 07:00 AM.

#8 canz

• 205 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:38 PM

It seems as though you have had better results than the others that have posted threads on noopept. I'm thinking maybe it's because you let it dissolve in your mouth, while the others just swallowed the tablets? What are your thoughts on this? I just received mine in the mail yesterday, and I'm going to try the sub lingual method as you have.

#9 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

Sounds good so far, thanks for the updates Ben.

jackinbox: did you dissolve the tablets under your tongue or swallow them? This might be a factor in your lack of results.

#10 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Sounds good so far, thanks for the updates Ben.

jackinbox: did you dissolve the tablets under your tongue or swallow them? This might be a factor in your lack of results.

I swallowed it. I'm going to try under the tongue since I have some left.

#11 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:26 AM

Interesting, I think now that this stuff is making me irritable, this could of course be me mistaking my increased willingness to be confrontational, and I believe that that particular effect has come about due to the very obvious anxiolytic effects the stuff is having. It seems that as the days progress, the anxiety reducing apparent quality of the stuff is being increased.

Thinking is definitely easier, but mostly my concentration span appears to have been improved. I suffer from a debilitating case of what I've heard called "tip of the tongue" syndrome. It's where the words that you pull up in a conversation seem to reach a barrier as they are about to exit your mouth, and, as people with a similar problem will also note, the harder you try to force them out the more stubbornly they stay in. So often I have to rephrase my thoughts in different words to bypass this kind of blockade.

What I'm getting at is that this stuff has almost certainly improved the issue. My thoughts are flowing much more easily during conversation and I think that this is having a synergistic effect the of the improved clearheadedness I now have since starting this course.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 15 June 2009 - 02:27 AM.

#12 canz

• 205 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:39 PM

Interesting, I think now that this stuff is making me irritable, this could of course be me mistaking my increased willingness to be confrontational, and I believe that that particular effect has come about due to the very obvious anxiolytic effects the stuff is having. It seems that as the days progress, the anxiety reducing apparent quality of the stuff is being increased.

Thinking is definitely easier, but mostly my concentration span appears to have been improved. I suffer from a debilitating case of what I've heard called "tip of the tongue" syndrome. It's where the words that you pull up in a conversation seem to reach a barrier as they are about to exit your mouth, and, as people with a similar problem will also note, the harder you try to force them out the more stubbornly they stay in. So often I have to rephrase my thoughts in different words to bypass this kind of blockade.

What I'm getting at is that this stuff has almost certainly improved the issue. My thoughts are flowing much more easily during conversation and I think that this is having a synergistic effect the of the improved clearheadedness I now have since starting this course.

Are you still taking two 10mg doses per day under your tongue? This stuff is NASTY. For the first day, I let each dose dissolve under my tongue reluctantly. For the last few days, I've been chewing them up, swishing around a little and swallowing them with the natural saliva that has built up from the chewing. I have noticed a slight difference in my ability to concentrate on what I'm doing, and not as easily distracted. I have the "tip of the tongue" syndrome also, and my conversations seem to be more fluid. It's nothing prominent, but somewhat of a difference. Have you had any headaches at all? I have been having headaches toward the end of the day. Does this supplement have the degradation effects on acetylcholine in the brain as piracetam? If so, that would explain the headaches. I guess I need to take choline with it? What are your thoughts all?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 Ben

• Topic Starter
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:51 AM

I've had to stop taking Noopept. Since starting I've noticed at first a decrease in my anxiety and then, gradually an sharp increase in it. I have had a very traumatic life, and there are episodes that, if thought about can leave me a nervous wreck for days. I think that I am more easily able to recall these periods in my life while on the drug.

This is my first day after completely stopping. I do feel better but I've a much greater anxiety that I have normally. I think there were some improvements in my cognitive functioning, but the price is too high to pay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users