Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

SmartPowders ...Opinions?

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#151 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

Indeed, I think it's time to add SP's prices back to the price list. All's well that ends well, but in the middle it was hell. Perhaps it was Cutoms who gave me such amazing dreams this week.

If so, I should make sure to feed them a steady stream of new seizable shipments, so that I can discover strange new worlds in these dreams.

Edited by Isochroma, 11 September 2009 - 08:23 PM.

#152 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Oooh! New 3kg SKU for piracetam :) Maybe a bit risky to haul loads of that size across hostile borders in this brave new world...

And a COA from Research Triangle Park! That hovel of grand military-industrial flourish - the landing-place for countless gigadollars of cold-war taxpayer dough - now a nice pine-forested retreat from the harshness of globocorporatism for the Fortune 500.

Oops... even a majority of the fortuneful five hundred don't have a dig there. It's strictly upper-upper-crust.

Edited by Isochroma, 11 September 2009 - 08:48 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#153 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:17 PM

PayPal dispute closed; pricelist updated.

#154 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

And now you're threatening legal action against us if we test your products.

What have you got to hide Mike "M" of smartpowders.com?

Ben, this post is idiotic. Chain of custody is a pillar of any forensics or other testing. Please lay off. In another post you claimed that there were "shills" standing up for Mike. I joined Imminst.org in '03, you joined in '08, so I'd say I have a lot more credibility on this than you. Just let it go.

edit: Furthermore, there are dozens of posts and threads here on imminst about testing and COAs, if you guys had bothered to search you would see that this topic has been hammered to death. Instead, you want to stand up on your soapbox as if this were an original thought. Your self-righteousness is nothing new and solves nothing. If you were really concerned, you would just do the damn test and then suffer the consequences.

Edited by lynx, 12 September 2009 - 12:03 AM.

#155 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:18 AM

Are you making an open personal threat? You're talking about killing people over a package that you haven't paid for an openly posted you weren't going to pay for? I guess I have trouble seeing what damage has been done to you in this case? You might not get some powders you didn't pay for? Am I missing something there?

You could obviously continue to order piracetam from one of many retailers that carry it.

Mike, my advice for you would be to contact a lawyer. "Isochroma" is, at least, guilty of libel if not more. Based on his crude and illogical argument he has presented here, I would not be surprised to find out that he is somehow connected to another nootropic dealer.

Edited by Irish MD, 12 September 2009 - 01:26 AM.

#156 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:03 AM

I have no desire for legal action. I do smartpowders just as a side business. If people want to buy from me, great. They have the choice to shop anywhere they want. There are plenty of good vendors out there. The situation is resolved as far as I'm concerned. Everyone makes mistakes, maybe going to far was Iso's, who knows. Water under the bridge to me.

#157 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

I have no desire for legal action. I do smartpowders just as a side business. If people want to buy from me, great. They have the choice to shop anywhere they want. There are plenty of good vendors out there. The situation is resolved as far as I'm concerned. Everyone makes mistakes, maybe going to far was Iso's, who knows. Water under the bridge to me.

Indeed, since you emerged from this discussion with a hardly scathed--and perhaps enhanced--reputation, I think there would be little point in seeking legal satisfaction. In the absence of stringent national standards that address consumer concerns about supplement safety, and provide adequate protection against fraudulent activities, I think the hysteria that we witnessed is somewhat understandable. But, that's another discussion. More importantly, and since you conducted yourself admirably in this affair, I think a formal apology is overdue. Once that suggestion is met, I propose that we allow this thread to become buried in the archives.

Edited by Rol82, 12 September 2009 - 02:49 AM.

#158 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:19 AM

Whatever the mods want to do. They can lock it if they wish. He's apologized. I moved on and it looks like everyone else has.

#159 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:48 AM

In view of everything, I didn't think that the (Googleable) title of this thread was fair to SP. I've changed "shady" to "opinions" in light of that.

#160 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:49 AM

Today I spent AN HOUR STANDING AT A PAYPHONE.

It was Mike that gave them something to steal, he gave them the golden opportunity TWICE. That is the last time I get burned. Now I am going to do the burning.

Thanks for taking what could have been a legitimate thread that was pushing for answers and greater transparency from a supplier connected to the forum, and turning it into a circus where your posts ruin any chance there was of achieving either of these goals.

#161 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

And now you're threatening legal action against us if we test your products.

What have you got to hide Mike "M" of smartpowders.com?

Ben, this post is idiotic. Chain of custody is a pillar of any forensics or other testing. Please lay off. In another post you claimed that there were "shills" standing up for Mike. I joined Imminst.org in '03, you joined in '08, so I'd say I have a lot more credibility on this than you. Just let it go.

edit: Furthermore, there are dozens of posts and threads here on imminst about testing and COAs, if you guys had bothered to search you would see that this topic has been hammered to death. Instead, you want to stand up on your soapbox as if this were an original thought. Your self-righteousness is nothing new and solves nothing. If you were really concerned, you would just do the damn test and then suffer the consequences.

Ok, you're not a shill. I don't understand why you would suggest that I am calling you one, at no point did I make any accusations directed towards you.

Now that I look at your posts though, what you are doing is inexplicably taking Mike's side on this and using counter arguments that do not make sense.

I'd like to add that my request for a COA (product testing) has so far been met with hostility from the supplier. I'm abandoning this thread as it has become polluted, and my purpose blunted, through noise posts.

Before I do though, I urge potential buyers to be cautious. These sort of products are sourced from Chinese suppliers in chemical factories that I strongly believe do not have GMP certification.

One only has to look to the news to know that consumer products coming out of China need to be looked at with a skeptical sense of self-preservation. Take this story for example. Think firstly of your health.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 12 September 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#162 Guest_Isochroma_*

• Lurker

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:51 PM

Today I received the shipment, so I'd like to thank Mike for taking the trouble to pay duties (I can pay you back by PayPal if you'd like), and to apologize for all the troubles. Now I know what can be expected of customs, etc. and hope that in the future these shipments will be easier.

#163 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

Did any of you think about contacting the lab where it was tested?

duh

#164 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:39 AM

I'd like to add that my request for a COA (product testing) has so far been met with hostility from the supplier. I'm abandoning this thread as it has become polluted, and my purpose blunted, through noise posts.

What? THe COAs are on the website.

#165 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:17 AM

What? THe COAs are on the website.

Yes, but the COAs only vaguely certify that the level of heavy metal contamination is within safe ranges. Does RTP Labs mean that the level of contamination is within acceptable ranges for each serving? I wish they would be more explicit. For consumers contemplating supplementing at higher doses, it would be comforting to know the actual results for each category. Without this disclosure, I have no intention of using the products distributed by Smart Powders. That said, could we let this topic die already? I think we can all agree that the limitations of Smart Powders are not serious enough to warrant an ongoing discussion.

Edited by Rol82, 19 September 2009 - 05:02 AM.

#166 mindsg

• 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

shucks, I was thinking of getting my bulk piracetam from there to escape bb.com ripoff shipping charges.

#167 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:47 PM

Yes, but the COAs only vaguely certify that the level of heavy metal contamination is within safe ranges. Does RTP Labs mean that the level of contamination is within acceptable ranges for each serving? I wish they would be more explicit. For consumers contemplating supplementing at higher doses, it would be comforting to know the actual results for each category. Without this disclosure, I have no intention of using the products distributed by Smart Powders. That said, could we let this topic die already? I think we can all agree that the limitations of Smart Powders are not serious enough to warrant an ongoing discussion.

It might be dangerous to revive this thread, but...
I was looking at the COA's on smartpowders. The detection limit is 0.2 micrograms per g. This is equivalent to 0.2 ppm, which is the highest amount of lead that could possibly be in any of the racetam powders.
Looking at the EPA limit for lead in drinking water, I found the concentration to be 0.015 ppm, or 0.015 micrograms per g. If you drink 2 liters (2kg) of water per day at that limit, you would ingest 30 micrograms of lead. The equivalent amount of a substance with 0.2 micrograms per g would require 150 grams. If you drink 2 liters of water at half that limit, you would ingest 15 micrograms of lead, requirement an equivalent 75 grams. Not even isochroma eats that much piracetam per day.

Edited by czukles, 18 October 2009 - 11:49 PM.

#168 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

There is metal testing posted on the site as well.

#169 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Smart Powders is the best!! I wish they'd start carrying Alpha GPC in bulk

There is metal testing posted on the site as well.

#170 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

Smart Powders is the best!! I wish they'd start carrying Alpha GPC in bulk.

Hi 425runner,

What in your opinion makes smart powders "the best." I'd like to know. Thanks.

#171 hellothere

• 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:38 AM

but one can even photoshop it , can one not? ( COA )

Edited by hellothere, 06 November 2009 - 10:39 AM.

#172 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:03 AM

best piracetam i've ever bought so far. can't wait to see what choline they'll carry, but i'm really hoping for centrophenoxine!

#173 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

Hi Pycnogenol -

They have very good prices on high quality products. I've been buying supplements online for quite a while and know which brand works or not. The quality, COA, metal testing, speed of delivery, price, and prompt response to my emails all make them "the best" Hope this helps ;)

Smart Powders is the best!! I wish they'd start carrying Alpha GPC in bulk.

Hi 425runner,

What in your opinion makes smart powders "the best." I'd like to know. Thanks.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#174 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

thought i'd go ahead and echo what 425runner said and give smartpowders the "speedy email responses" praise.

i sent in an email expecting to hear back a week or so later from some customer service rep. instead, lo-and-behold, the owner of the company is answering my emails. must say, that was a rather nice +1 for my day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users