Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Fossel - book excerpt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ddhewitt

• 168 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:26 AM

I take the point Duane, I was thinking about that myself.
On the pro side, it would make the book more focused.
On the contra side it would not represent ImmInst at all (which as an org is heavy in the fluffy side) and would narrow the target audience. 

But as I said in the chat, I cannot work with general suggestions. We are past the mark for general, there are some very specific and tangible pieces on the table.  If you want a piece "in" tell me where and what other piece to be sacrificed in its stead.

Fair enough, sir. I will be specific then.

Regarding the fluffy side. I have previously stated my bias towards the scientific and particularly the biotech world. It is where the clearest path is today. I think that it would not diminish the target audience significantly and would further establish credibility.

I think we should approach Dr. Fossel about including an excerpt from his forthcoming Cells, Aging and Human Diseasewhich looks to be the definitive book on aging published this decade, reminiscent of Dr. Finch's classic Longevity, Senescence and the Genome.

I would replace the free section with this excerpt. But of course I am just one voice in the editorial herd.

Duane

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 06:40 PM

The dedication of more than 1/3 of the ImmInst book to the republication of another's is of course out of the question.
But the inclusion of a brief excerpt might be a possibility.

#3 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 02:53 PM

Irregardless, contacting Fossel would prove useful if only to build the relationship. Thus, please feel free to take this Nightingale by the wing.

#4 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:02 PM

Fly ahead birdy

#5 ddhewitt

• Topic Starter
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 05:30 PM

Our bird is in flight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users