Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Quadclop's Art Team member progress topic

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 quadclops

• 316 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

Here's a crude demo of an animated banner idea I had. I ran it by Brokenportal earlier and he okayed the go-ahead to finish an improved version. I also want to do something better with the text and logo part of it, as I feel kind of uncomfortable with basically stealing JediMasterLuca's banner idea to use as my background. Any suggestions?

Posted Image

Edited by brokenportal, 23 June 2009 - 07:30 PM.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

Nice, her banner was a redo of an existing banner, so yours is a redo of a redo.

This looks great, if you want, I would make the guy putting his arms up pause for a few more seconds to help people absorb the concept a little more as they look at it.

#3 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

I would make the guy putting his arms up pause for a few more seconds to help people absorb the concept a little more as they look at it.

Can do, thanks.

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

Can you take the "rough draft banner" part out of the topic? It might confuse people. Then later down the road we may design a standard template for each art team member topic. It would be something like, "My art team topic. Art team meeting link here: Art team guidelines here: Ny art team slide show veiwer: Entire art team slide show viewer: Past sources used for:" So in the mean time, if you want, could you move your banner to a response with in your topic, and then make your topic say something, anything, like, "my art team topic" we can edit it then later.

Or something like that. If you can come up with a good format then let me know, we will all continue to brainstorm on it.

#5 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

I Like the banner, quadclops
but about the stealing, I used this banner for inspiration: Posted Image
and the text was from BP :~

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 24 June 2009 - 09:45 AM.

#6 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

Thanks JML!

Completing the animated banner is taking me a bit longer than I expected. I haven't animated anything in years and have gone rusty. Small delays and setbacks crop up. Below are crude color- test shots of the "Old Man" & "Young Man" frames, just to show a bit of progress. I've tried do him in a style closer to comix, as Brokenportal suggested during our chat last week. What do you think?

Attached File  oldman_test.gif   54.11KB   9 downloads Attached File  youngman_test.gif   47.85KB   8 downloads

Also, here are two versions of another banner idea involving the defeat of Death.

Attached File  brokenscythe1.gif   23.56KB   17 downloads

Attached File  broken_scythe2.gif   22.99KB   14 downloads

Whadda ya think? Useable?

Edited by quadclops, 30 June 2009 - 12:15 AM.

#7 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hmm. For some reason the banners have been reduced in scale during the posting. Makes them a little hard to read. Anyone here know why this happened?

#8 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,047 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

It is an automatic feature of the forum software. Just click on the image and the full size version will appear.

#9 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

I tried this banner out as a bumper sticker at the store but it says it wont display any images that arent compatable with the product trying to be made. This was one of them. Im not sure why. Could you try making a version of this banner that is in a permanently fixed smaller scale? Maybe the problem is that its to big. Also, could you use the Advocacy mission statement, and make the lettering bigger, and a bright shade of white?

If you want to and have time that is. Thanks a million.

#10 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

Here's a couple more legible versions of the Broken Scythe banner for ya' BP. Hope these help.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, here's another Anti-Death animated banner I worked up.

Posted Image

Edited by quadclops, 06 July 2009 - 09:00 PM.

#11 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

Uh, what happened? The images were there a moment ago. ;)

#12 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:00 PM

Theres some forums upgrades and add ons going on and being made recently, and a few bugs to be worked out. It probably caused this. If they dont show up by tomorrow then lets inquire about it.

#13 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

I fixed it. There was a problem with a new file hosting service I was trying out, so I fell back on good old Geocities. ;)

#14 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

I see, nice. Do you think your attachment problem might have also had something to do with the settings here in the forums being different?

Ill try one of these on a bumper sticker. I like these, and I think cartoon stuff will work great. We want to mix it with a percentage of non cartoon also. Do you know how to say, make something like this with a real reaper stick? Not this per say, but other things could use versions like that if you or anybody knows how to.

There are a few other things I need to finish up with the store. Can you try your hand at any of the things listed on response 8 of this topic?

One of the main things I need is a detailed logo, in any style pretty much, that has the mission statement and name. I need one thats at least a couple of feet, by a couple of feet, the bigger the better though. Five feet tall would work too. If you make one, can make one, thats five feet tall, then that one can be shrunk down to thumb nail size with out losing its clarity of resolution right? If not then I need small versions too. If you want to make them that is. Thanks for what you have made. Youve added your requirements to be a team member for this month already, everything else is bonus.

#15 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:45 PM

Do you know how to say, make something like this with a real reaper stick?

Believe it or not, I actually have a friend who has a real scythe! It was left behind by the previous owners of the house that he and his wife recently bought.
I've been thinking about how to use it for flyers or something.

I need one thats at least a couple of feet, by a couple of feet, the bigger the better though. Five feet tall would work too. If you make one, can make one, thats five feet tall, then that one can be shrunk down to thumb nail size with out losing its clarity of resolution right?

I'm not sure I know how to make one that big, and still be able to fit it into a form that's sendable over the internet. It seems to me that a lot of image quality would be lost in the file compression. I'll try working on it though.

#16 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:03 PM

I tried the reaper banner with the light blue lettering, in the store just now, and it says its incompatable with the object Im trying to design again. Do you have any idea why? There are no moving parts on that one, its about the right size. I dont get it. It let me put a small logo on a bumper sticker in there, and the logo just filled up a small part in the middle. That wasnt compatible, but it let that go through, not sure why. Maybe they only do things with not so much color? Maybe they feel the colors are to closely related? The light blue and dark blue? Im not sure. If you want to, try a version with a white background. Otherwise, these will still work great for other things.

#17 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

Here's a couple albino versions for yinz, BP.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heh, they look kinda silly here with no background color. Kinda hard to tell where the banners end and the page begins. ;)

Edited by quadclops, 06 July 2009 - 10:28 PM.

#18 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:32 PM

Yes, kind of, Ill try them out right now though. Hold on.

#19 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

You use "Gimp" sometimes right quadclops? Cnorwood suggests this:

To get the pics to fit, just use 'Gimp'. It is a free software that is much like photoshop. When changing image size, just constrain the image proportions (an option, the chain-like images should be next to the pixel size). You can also convert images to other image types and sizes (.jpg, .gif, .tif, etc) by just using save as.

#20 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

One of the main things I need is a detailed logo, in any style pretty much, that has the mission statement and name. I need one thats at least a couple of feet, by a couple of feet, the bigger the better though. Five feet tall would work too.

How's this work for ya' BP? I made it using B0gger's logo as a template. It's 5 X 5 foot.

MY 5 Foot Logo

#21 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

I see a blur, or is that a glare? Your on the right track though. That will be stupendous if you can get that to be fully ready to have printed out. Can you make a second version that says all that same stuff, and "Immortality Institute" on it too? Then also the blur, can you fix that some how?

#22 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Here's one with the Imminst name.

My 5 Foot Logo

As for the blur, I don't know. I tried to make it look like this one . . .

Posted Image

. . . only bigger. It's a little soft around the edges. I guess when you scale up that look to 5 feet, it no longer works. I've tried sharpening the edges a bit. Does that help any, or is it still too soft looking?

Edited by quadclops, 10 July 2009 - 06:20 PM.

#23 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

Also BP, you requested a "Silver Logo" version from me awhile back. Unfortunately, I guess it doesn't work at a 5 foot scale.

Edited by quadclops, 10 July 2009 - 06:26 PM.

#24 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

Here's another attempt BP. No blurring this time.

My 5 Foot Logo

#25 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Here's another 5 Foot Logo

#26 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

Wow, those two look friggin awesome. I blew them up to actual size and they look great. Well, the green one looks fantastic, but you can see the hand made lines on the silver one. Can you do the silver with smooth lines too? And then can you also do a blue version?

#27 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Can do BP. Here's a revised silver logo . . .

My 5 Foot Logo

And here's a blue one.

My 5 Foot Logo

What might look like a slight blur around the edges, is only a drop shadow to emphasize the 3-D effect.

Hmm. Geocities appears to be offline at the moment. Try viewing these again later.

#28 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

I have seen the silver one, it is nice ;)
mabey you should convert them into .jpg and upload them to photobucket then the pics will be still accessible when geocities goes offline.

which program did you use for the logos?

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 17 July 2009 - 09:35 PM.

#29 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

Photoshop 7, and thanks for the compliment JML. ;)

#30 quadclops

• Topic Starter
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

Well, I still haven't quite figured out how to get it out into the front of the store where everybody can see it, but here's the new Imminst T-shirt if anyone wants to grab one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users