- - - - -

My Piracetam results

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 thalrian

• 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:27 AM

How i took the piracetam:

Attack doses of 2000mg in the morning for the first three days, and then an extra 400 mg at night.
Now onto a regular dose of 800mg in the morning.

Effecs:
Very, very subtle. A friend and i was trying it, and she noticed immediate effects: the need to sleep less, more clear headed, and general better performance of the brain in different areas.
NOTE: these are very, very subtle. So subtle that you're not really sure whether it works or it doesnt. But if you put it all together, you're more inclined to think it works.

My effects: Hardly noticed any effects for the attack doses, but my creativity has shot through the roof. Normally i would only write poems when im depressed, but now i can write REALLY well because of this stuff.

We both have noticed that the alcohol high is different- it is more a clear-headed drunkness, and more intense, but the overall experience is short. (i can usually stomach 2 beers before i get tipsy, but now it takes 1. It also takes a shot of vodka to get me tipsy when it usually takes me 3)
The alcohol experience takes away the mind bit more. You're mind is sober, but your body is not. its sort of fun, but i prefer my old alcohol drunkness to this.

Overall:
Definately a drug i would keep using. It works great, and makes me feel a lot more confident. But this could be because of the placebo. In any case, i definately recommend it.

Question:
I've heard some sort of interaction between amphetamines and piracetam. how does it work? I've heard amphetamines are more neuotoxic because of it, and you generally take much less to achieve the desired affects. is this true?

#2 calli

• 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:38 AM

"Attack doses of 2000mg in the morning for the first three days, and then an extra 400 mg at night.
Now onto a regular dose of 800mg in the morning."

2000mg is subtle, 9000mg isnt.

More than anything, including hydergine, I found really good quality CDP choline works wonders with Piracetam.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 thalrian

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:30 PM

you take 9000mg?!?!?! isn't that a... er... waste?

#4 calli

• 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:09 AM

you take 9000mg?!?!?! isn't that a... er... waste?

4000-9000mg is pretty much a normal attack dose from my understanding and experience. 2400mg a day, is a normal dose for me.

Everyone is different though, perhaps 2000mg is enough for you.

#5 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:38 PM

I first started at 2400mg 3x/day for the attack dose. Followed by a dose of 800mg 3x/day. I also would definitely some form of a Choline supplement.

#6 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 02:39 AM

Question:
I've heard some sort of interaction between amphetamines and piracetam. how does it work? I've heard amphetamines are more neuotoxic because of it, and you generally take much less to achieve the desired affects. is this true?

It can enhance their effects and shield you from some of the damage, but it does not have a negative reaction so much as making their effects more intense.

#7 Anne

• 182 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 07:11 AM

I take Ritalin as prescribed by my psychiatrist for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. I have been taking this medication for about eight years now (with a few breaks lasting 6-10 months wherein I did not take medication). Since starting Piracetam in November 2003 (average of 2400 mg per day), I have not experienced any perceptible interactions between the nootropic and the prescribed stimulant. Granted, methylphenidate is not technically an amphetamine, but it is similar to amphetamine with respect to its effects on the central nervous system (increased alertness and ability to focus) and its effects on dopamine levels and sensitivity.

I think that with any mind-affecting substance, individual body and brain chemistries and structure result in a wide variation of experience between persons.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 axiombiological

• 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 07:13 PM

How i took the piracetam:

Attack doses of 2000mg in the morning for the first three days, and then an extra 400 mg at night.
Now onto a regular dose of 800mg in the morning.

Effecs:
Very, very subtle. A friend and i was trying it, and she noticed immediate effects: the need to sleep less, more clear headed, and general better performance of the brain in different areas.
NOTE: these are very, very subtle. So subtle that you're not really sure whether it works or it doesnt. But if you put it all together, you're more inclined to think it works.

My effects: Hardly noticed any effects for the attack doses, but my creativity has shot through the roof. Normally i would only write poems when im depressed, but now i can write REALLY well because of this stuff.

We both have noticed that the alcohol high is different- it is more a clear-headed drunkness, and more intense, but the overall experience is short. (i can usually stomach 2 beers before i get tipsy, but now it takes 1. It also takes a shot of vodka to get me tipsy when it usually takes me 3)
The alcohol experience takes away the mind bit more. You're mind is sober, but your body is not. its sort of fun, but i prefer my old alcohol drunkness to this.

Overall:
Definately a drug i would keep using. It works great, and makes me feel a lot more confident. But this could be because of the placebo. In any case, i definately recommend it.

Question:

Others have mentioned the use of creatine and IP6 with the racetams, since the ATP/phosphocreatine system along with phosphoinositol-3-kinase system, have been implicated with the effects of these agents.

This has been discussed over on rec.drugs.smart and the additive effects of creatine seems to diminish over a few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users