Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Forum or forums?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Imminst = pro murder (omega)

• 238 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

At Imminst's home page there is a link at the top entitled "Forum." This is proper and truthful but when you click on it you get the forum but it is labeled in its title as "Imminst Forums" as well as with a subtitle and a link at the top that returns you to this one page called "All Forums."

I suggest Imminst change the numerous mistaken titles that list the various threads of the one forum as forums. Maybe it would be easier to just make the lie universal and change the reference on the home page. If you either seek to demonstrate intelligence or just seek to appeal to people who are willing to suspend disbelief as seems to be the case with pursuing immortality, Imminst should try to get consistent with how it describes itself.

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

lol.. the length trolls will go to to occupy their time/bother other people that have useful things to do, it's just amazing.

#3 Imminst = pro murder (omega)

• Topic Starter
  • 238 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

lol.. the length trolls will go to to occupy their time/bother other people that have useful things to do, it's just amazing.

Yup, Bruce Klein has invested at lot of time in setting up this ruse. I realize, the forum is being passed off as something more than it actually is just from the claim of being a pursuit of realizing immortality, the impossible pie in the sky. Calling the different threads forums in their own right makes it seem a bigger thing than just one. The trolls in management can then claim they hold positions relating to a bunch of forums rather than one but if the management here wants to preserve the lie, it might want to at least make it look as if the enterprise is serious. I would suggest losing the misinforming aspect but, hey, if the purpose is trolling, being accurate in self-appraisal is not a priority. That way you appeal and attract people who find lying a normal means of doing business. "forever freedom" something I tell my kids often, "freedoms abused get lost." If endorsing a lie for furthering self importance is not trolling then I guess truth is just a matter of opinion. I suspect though that you will find the resourceful and the funds are less attracted to something that is designed for trolling.

#4 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for your suggestion Omega.
You are right of course, 'fora' would be considered preferable by many.
However, since not all ImmInst members have received an education in classics, and since the word ‘forum’ in the context of the internet could now be considered integrated into the English language, we opt for the slightly longer ‘forums’.

I am a bit confused by what you mean to convey with your second post, but I guess

I tell my kids often, "freedoms abused get lost."

is sage advice.

#5 Imminst = pro murder (omega)

• Topic Starter
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:35 AM

I just finished reading and critiquing a rather lengthy paper on an attempt to outline the design of organizational tensegrity. In it, the author mentions that those who depend on relatively static hierarchy structures often show a dumbing down of their thought and observational skills. forever_fiefdom seems to think this misuse of the word "forums" is a little thing and notice disturbs the on-going important work, is an instance of trolling. When lots of little stuff is wrong, it communicates a lack of sincerity and commitment, dissuades the most capable from participating, making the so-called important tasks harder and probably magnitudes more lengthy if achievable at all. There seems to be a logic disconnect going on in your brain on what Imminst is, caliban.

I'm suggesting as it appears Imminst is one forum with many threads, the correct term would be "forum" singular, implying the mistaken "forums" (prevalent and apparent on virtually every page of Imminst's forum) dissuades the capable from lending a hand or even money. I look at the title displayed for the main page of the forum, "Imminst Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board)" and I think of what this communicates: The maintenance and governing of Imminst appears to hold a mistaken self appraisal of its physical presence and though the software has obviously been bought by Imminst, advertising its makers is given as much status as Imminst itself in this instance? This does not communicate wherewithal or commitment. This adds more evidence to the idea that pursuing immortality is a Ponzi scheme and not serious. This demonstrates that Imminst has become an organization more committed to promoting its forum than its mission.

Maybe I am mistaken of the two snafus I describe here. If you could point me to other forums that Imminst is presenting to the public, that would dispel what appears to be the case, one forum being passed off as more than what it is. I really doubt that you are required to list the maker of the forum software in the title. Inform otherwise if Invision is really that stupid in which case it calls into question the wisdom of Imminst in choosing it as its forum's app.

Go ahead, continue to shoot off your feet and see how tall you stand or even if you ultimately prove to be able to remain standing. I guess it is good you repel the resourceful and intelligent and don't waste their time if your mission really is more chest beating than anything else.

See the gorillas pounding their chests, grunting over and over again "troll."

#6 Imminst = pro murder (omega)

• Topic Starter
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

There were a couple of name and title changes recently. The first one being ridiculous, labeling this forum as that of the makers of the forum application being used. That seemed to last for a few hours. Now it still retains the two apparent technical errors recognized in this thread though the totally ridiculous display has somewhat ended. The forum is described as "forums" and the main page still lists it as powered by Invision in its titlle.

The magical forum that is actually forums, this place is a miracle, defeating the laws of physics and science in general. Maybe it just could be successful in achieving the magical state of immortality before all time has elapsed to prove such. Me thinks miracles are more a product of blind faith subservience to authority decree rather than intelligence whereby conclusions are based on continual observation. Takes people who have their minds compromised to involve themselves much in such an endeavor. I guess if they get positions of authority in such a contrivance, they will seek to preserve the dysfunction. What fun.

#7 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

Actually it's "All Fora" when we're all getting nit picky.

#8 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

I just finished reading and critiquing a rather lengthy paper on an attempt to outline the design of organizational tensegrity. In it, the author mentions that those who depend on relatively static hierarchy structures often show a dumbing down of their thought and observational skills. forever_fiefdom seems to think this misuse of the word "forums" is a little thing and notice disturbs the on-going important work, is an instance of trolling. When lots of little stuff is wrong, it communicates a lack of sincerity and commitment, dissuades the most capable from participating, making the so-called important tasks harder and probably magnitudes more lengthy if achievable at all. There seems to be a logic disconnect going on in your brain on what Imminst is, caliban.

I'm suggesting as it appears Imminst is one forum with many threads, the correct term would be "forum" singular, implying the mistaken "forums" (prevalent and apparent on virtually every page of Imminst's forum) dissuades the capable from lending a hand or even money. I look at the title displayed for the main page of the forum, "Imminst Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board)" and I think of what this communicates: The maintenance and governing of Imminst appears to hold a mistaken self appraisal of its physical presence and though the software has obviously been bought by Imminst, advertising its makers is given as much status as Imminst itself in this instance? This does not communicate wherewithal or commitment. This adds more evidence to the idea that pursuing immortality is a Ponzi scheme and not serious. This demonstrates that Imminst has become an organization more committed to promoting its forum than its mission.

Maybe I am mistaken of the two snafus I describe here. If you could point me to other forums that Imminst is presenting to the public, that would dispel what appears to be the case, one forum being passed off as more than what it is. I really doubt that you are required to list the maker of the forum software in the title. Inform otherwise if Invision is really that stupid in which case it calls into question the wisdom of Imminst in choosing it as its forum's app.

Go ahead, continue to shoot off your feet and see how tall you stand or even if you ultimately prove to be able to remain standing. I guess it is good you repel the resourceful and intelligent and don't waste their time if your mission really is more chest beating than anything else.

See the gorillas pounding their chests, grunting over and over again "troll."

Well, this sort of failure of leadership cannot go unanswered. I propose a no confidence vote on the entire leadership, and a special vote to grant Omega plenary powers. After all, his benevolent dictatorship must have some sort of legal basis. As our infallible leader, we'll ritually celebrate the life of Omega, cultivate his heroic public image, and lavish him with unquestioning flattery and praise. A revolutionary future would be inconceivable without Omega presiding over our affairs. But, before we are granted salvation, we only need to surrender ourselves to his wisdom. Resistance is futile in this matter.

Edited by Rol82, 08 July 2009 - 02:01 PM.

#9 Imminst = pro murder (omega)

• Topic Starter
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

Pure ad hominem is allowed to stand by the moderators of this forum.

I have no desire to be a dog in a dog-eat-dog world.

Can't see how embracing the law of the jungle helps further human longevity.

#10 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

Pure ad hominem is allowed to stand by the moderators of this forum.

I have no desire to be a dog in a dog-eat-dog world.

Can't see how embracing the law of the jungle helps further human longevity.

Dr. Sanford Pepper is close to your location, and is highly regarded in professional circles.

Here's his address:

2266 Union Street

San Francisco, CA 94123
415-931-8199

However, if you're willing to make the trip to Los Angeles, I would suggest Dr. Michael Gitlin:

300 UCLA Medical Plaza. Ste. 2200

Los Angeles, CA 90095

310-206-6546

or, Dr. Peter Whybrow:

760 Westwood Plaza

Los Angeles, CA 90024

310-206-1233

Again, I apologize for making fun of your postings. It was quite insensitive.

Edited by Rol82, 08 July 2009 - 09:28 PM.

#11 Imminst = pro murder (omega)

• Topic Starter
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Pure ad hominem is allowed by the moderators of this forum.

#12 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:16 AM

Pure ad hominem is allowed by the moderators of this forum.

If the moderators of this forum weren't so liberal you'd be banned from here long ago. You should be thankful they're so allowing.

#13 Imminst = pro murder (omega)

• Topic Starter
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:21 AM

If the moderators of this forum weren't so liberal you'd be banned from here long ago. You should be thankful they're so allowing.

I've been banned from this forum six times now and each admitted as a mistake. I quit posting at Imminst for months by volition not too long ago.

Ban me totally. See if I care. My time is basically wasted here anyways. Stubborn denial of clearly obvious mistakes does not a pretty picture paint.

#14 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:21 AM

Ban me totally. See if I care. My time is basically wasted here anyways.

I see. So now you want to get banned so you can stop wasting your time here but the cruel mods just won't do it another time now that you want to lol

Edited by forever freedom, 09 July 2009 - 02:23 AM.

#15 Imminst = pro murder (omega)

• Topic Starter
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:44 AM

I see. So now you want to get banned so you can stop wasting your time here but the cruel mods just won't do it another time now that you want to lol

Heck yeah :)

Used to be that you could quit voluntarily. There's been many times I would have done that recently if the option were freely available. Bring it back or inform me if I'm missing it somewhere, thank you.

#16 Rational Madman

• 1,295 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:10 AM

Heck yeah :)

Used to be that you could quit voluntarily. There's been many times I would have done that recently if the option were freely available. Bring it back or inform me if I'm missing it somewhere, thank you.

Let me get this right. Although you hate this forum, you're still here because you're unable to cancel your membership? I'm not understanding the logic of your claim. Although I'm not encouraging your departure, wouldn't it be easier to just leave? I mean, it's not like your participation is a compulsory part of the membership, or that you're a member of a cult.

Edited by Rol82, 09 July 2009 - 07:20 AM.

#17 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:00 PM

Let me get this right. Although you hate this forum, you're still here because you're unable to cancel your membership? I'm not understanding the logic of your claim. Although I'm not encouraging your departure, wouldn't it be easier to just leave? I mean, it's not like your participation is a compulsory part of the membership, or that you're a member of a cult.

I guess he's mentally chained to these forums. He's trying to get free of it and the only way is to get banned so he can feel good about himself thinking that he was right all along about the moderators being authoritarian since they banned him once again.

Crazy stuff..

#18 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Gentlebeings, this is the suggestions forum. An initial suggestion was made, received with thanks and elaborated on.

If you would like to ponder the quirks, merits and deficiencies of this community as a whole, its leadership, or its individual constituents, kindly find another venue.

Thread closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users