Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Splint For TMJ/Jaw Tension

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 j03

• 592 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

I used to have a bad case of bruxism. But I stopped nocturnal grinding a year ago. My problem is now tension in my jaw during the day. It's constant and painful.

When i do clench, i also I clench my tongue, my lips purse, and my massiter muscle tenses together. I always notice during tensing that I force my tongue to the top of my mouth and push it hard. So I think it's systemic through a bunch of different things...

I was reading about a splint you but on your back molars and it puts your teeth aligned and this stops the tension?

Would this work? Is there any splints I can wear during the day to relax my jaw, teeth, etc.

Of note: I have an underbite, and I recently started taking buspar after exhausting aal natural routes (magnesium, NAC, etc.) The buspar has done nothing though, so I'm switching to something else soon (maybe gapapentin)

Edited by j03, 09 July 2009 - 06:39 PM.

#2 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

I used to have a bad case of bruxism. But I stopped nocturnal grinding a year ago. My problem is now tension in my jaw during the day. It's constant and painful.

When i do clench, i also I clench my tongue, my lips purse, and my massiter muscle tenses together. I always notice during tensing that I force my tongue to the top of my mouth and push it hard. So I think it's systemic through a bunch of different things...

I was reading about a splint you but on your back molars and it puts your teeth aligned and this stops the tension?

Would this work? Is there any splints I can wear during the day to relax my jaw, teeth, etc.

Of note: I have an underbite, and I recently started taking buspar after exhausting aal natural routes (magnesium, NAC, etc.) The buspar has done nothing though, so I'm switching to something else soon (maybe gapapentin)

Get a custom one from your dentist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users