• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Are There Studies Showing Reveratrol Cured Animals?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:09 AM

Since maxwatt closed down an interesting thread started by crepulance, I'd still like to see studies that back up missminni's claim from that thread:

"Resveratrol alone cures cancer in animals and there are many studies you can look up at Pubmed that show that. That's why I gave it to my dog.."

But the two studies she linked to did not show any animals were cured of
cancer.Nor did the two studies that maxwatt linked to.

Can anyone find a study that shows cancer was cured with resveratrol in any group of animals?
Thank you.

#2 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

Could you link to all studies you just mentioned so that folks can see what you are thinking, are... irrelevant studies?
I am not sure most folks consider you very credible at this point.

How many threads have been closed down due to your repetitive... views that disregard other folks opinions, studies, proof and suggestions?

I would not be surprised if you are being close to being banned.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 15 July 2009 - 02:33 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:09 AM

Could you link to all studies you just mentioned so that folks can see what you are thinking, are... irrelevant studies?
I am not sure most folks consider you very credible at this point.

How many threads have been closed down due to your repetitive... views that disregard other folks opinions, studies, proof and suggestions?

I would not be surprised if you are being close to being banned.

A

The links are on the third page of the site maxwatt just closed. None of the four show that resveratrol has ever cured an animal.

I'm only repetitive when people make claims and do not back them up.
Again, can you, niner, maxwatt, missminni or anyone show one study that shows resveratrol cured cancer in an animal study?

Is the lack of links an indication that they don't exist?

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:14 AM

I move the the 2000 part of the thread holmes is referring to into the vendor area, as it had turned into a discussion of the merits of a product formulation, no longer involved resveratrol, and had turned into meaningless tit for tat.

And two studies were posted in that thread such as Holmes was asking for.

Edited by maxwatt, 15 July 2009 - 03:27 AM.

#5 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

And two studies were posted in that thread such as Holmes was asking for.

That was not a vendor discussion. It was about cancer and resveratrol as well as ferulic acid.

Anyway, sticking with this thread. Those two studies you linked to do not show as missminni claimed, that resveratrol cured cancer in mice, dogs , ants, or any other animal. her links did not either.

I have to assume that those studies do not exist.
I would, however, be greatful if any of you can point to a study that shows resveratrol cured cancer in mice, cats, etc.

I think we'd all like to see that.

Edited by Holmes, 15 July 2009 - 04:07 AM.

#6 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

That was not a vendor discussion. It was about cancer and resveratrol as well as ferulic acid.

Anyway, sticking with this thread. Those two studies you linked to do not show as missminni claimed, that resveratrol cured cancer in mice, dogs , ants, or any other animal. her links did not either.

I have to assume that those studies do not exist.
I would, however, be greatful if any of you can point to a study that shows resveratrol cured cancer in mice, cats, etc.

I think we'd all like to see that.

Try reading the studies. Inhibiting tumorigenesis in a mouse skin cancer model consists of exposing mice to a carcinogen that causes tumors to form on their skin, then applying the test substance after a delay. If the mice are without tumors when the controls have developed cancer, it is considered a "cure".

I cannot prove men landed on the moon, either. No one can show it wasn't all done on a TV sound stage in Long Island.

#7 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

Try reading the studies. Inhibiting tumorigenesis in a mouse skin cancer model consists of exposing mice to a carcinogen that causes tumors to form on their skin, then applying the test substance after a delay. If the mice are without tumors when the controls have developed cancer, it is considered a "cure".

I did read them. And nothing you linked even remotely implied a cure for cancer.

Are you a scientist? You don't seem like one. Just asking.

#8 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

I did read them. And nothing you linked even remotely implied a cure for cancer.

Are you a scientist? You don't seem like one. Just asking.

Holmes - stop creating new accounts or we'll have to ban your IP address.

I did not ban you, just put you on moderation so I don't have to go through editing you posts to remove a brand name. Also I hope it will slow down your posting rate so you have time to think about what you are saying.
I'm not going to engage you personally any further.

Edited by maxwatt, 15 July 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#9 vespers

• 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

Revgenetics? it gets lot of air time here. just ask 2pretender. you never say one thing about his reference to a brand.
There is no reason he shouldn't say it either. I say longevinex only because it contains other compounds , not just resveratrol.

You also said you did a global change of the name, so that cant be the reason Im on "moderation", right

Isnt the real reason that

1) you were shown to have mislead us with respect to Sinclair's usage of longy
2) you said longy was essentially ferulic acid, when that wasnt true
3) you cited two studies, neither of which showed resveratrol cured cancer

just askin'

Anyway maxwatt, can you please link a study that showed resveratrol cured cancer in a mouse study?

Holmes (under moderation)

Edited by vespers, 15 July 2009 - 10:56 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#10 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

Maxwatt,

I don't mind if you throw this one into the vendor area because of RevG or Longu.

As I have stated before, when we were discussing how to go about dealing with company names...
I would prefer if no company names are mentioned in this particular forum, even our own.

It's not hard to do, if you check all my posts on this forum, you will notice I don't mention our name...and it's been two years worth of posts.

In the vendor forum that was recently opened up, I have the freedom to mention our company name now. And it's generally limited to updates on our stuff, and questions about the products. It think the vendor forum was and is a great idea.

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 16 July 2009 - 02:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users