Photo

Suggestion: "Think outside the box."

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

An idea somebody can try if they want to for a flyer is take a picture of a casket and add "Think outside the box." and the Imminst logo and mission statement. Try to find a picture of a casket with free royalties off of i stock or some place like that.

Also, anybody, please list other forms of an "think outside the box" theme that we could do.

For example maybe somebody could make a picture of a coffin that has been turned into a book shelf, and then add pictures of space travel and add a bunch of trophies and have a robot dusting it or something like that. Then have the tag line and the logo and mission statement.

Edited by brokenportal, 05 October 2009 - 05:35 PM.

#2 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

Do you mean something like this?

Attached File  think_outside_the_box.jpg   344.25KB   28 downloads

the thumb nails are too small...

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 17 July 2009 - 09:24 PM.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:52 AM

I can finally enlarge these thumb nails. This concept is looking fantastic.

Can you try one with this:

Posted Image

And the same wording you have there, but with out the exclamation point. Also one with if you want to try both.

Then also, again, we need larger font for the name, web address, mission statement and logo. I guess another project somebody could try if they want is making a variety of new banners with bigger and bigger fonts. Also, change the lettering to a more contrasting color if you can.

Or not since your volunteers. Your help is tremendous. That prize system should get rolling soon. Its not much but its all we can get. The cause will be indebted to you for indefinity.

Edited by brokenportal, 05 August 2009 - 01:54 AM.

#4 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:21 PM

Do you have a larger picture of that coffin? this one is very small.

#5 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:59 AM

Cant that one be click and dragged bigger in photoshop? The pixelation looks pretty good, maybe its not... thats the biggest one I know of. I get it off google by putting in casket.

Better ones could be found, but of the ones I could find, that seems to be one of the best to me, its got good neutral quality, no randomly posed people, no prominent businesses or anything in the back ground or something like that, and its got a decent view of a cemetary in the back.

What would be even better is is slightly dimmer set one like this with a good view of the readied casket with more ornate and wide stretching rows of old and new tomb stones around it. Maybe even a person or two that looks like they are mourning with it too.

#6 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:07 AM

Try flickr.com

#7 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

i have found that :p

Posted Image

#8 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

Here is what i tried to do with what i've found and your initial idea. Try a different version but i think it's not too bad. :p I just don't know if i wrote in a correct english.
Posted Image

Edited by .fonclea., 10 August 2009 - 04:49 PM.

#9 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:41 PM

Cant that one be click and dragged bigger in photoshop? The pixelation looks pretty good, maybe its not... thats the biggest one I know of. I get it off google by putting in casket.

I could try it when I am back home (no photoshop here):p

(
hehehhe, funny,but why should someone want to make a paper coffin? :p

#10 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

I could try it when I am back home (no photoshop here) :p

(
hehehhe, funny,but why should someone want to make a paper coffin? :p

"Boxes" are made of paper :p

Edited by .fonclea., 11 August 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#11 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

hihi ^^
I think people not only think in boxes, they also think in circles!

#12 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

Hmm, this cut out coffin could work too. What do you think about the coffins top made to look like a book shelf, then put a logo of imminst on one of the shelves, and maybe some other logos that represent the cause like the CEL dragonfly, and the Methuselah Mouse, then the person can cut out and make a coffin with person inside of it, or it can be converted into a book shelf. I dont know, maybe that wouldnt work. Good ideas though. Keep up the great work.

#13 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

I love this "Think outside the box" idea! But we'll also have to address the urn too.

#14 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

What I mean by book shelf is, think outside the box, dont use your casket as place to store your skeleton for eternity, help speed up the research to get indefinite life extension, and then turn your casket into a book shelf or something.

#15 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

I have enlarged the picture of BP en this is the result ;)

Attached File  coffin.jpg   579.22KB   24 downloads

#16 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

Nice. That pesky banner keeps ending up too dull and small though. Can you make a banner for use with things like this that has wording that fills up the whole banner, and with the lettering in bright white?

#17 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

I had a dream last night that I found some old papers with these coffin cut outs on them at my grandparents house like 10 years from this period in time now, circa 2009. Part of it was that I was walking around with this trapped feeling about how my grandparents are headed in to a void of eternal obliteration and theres nothing I can do about it.

Im adding "Suggestion:" to Art Team topic suggestions right now, and Its interesting to have stumbled upon that.

In any case, back to the point, these flyers are all good, but this blurry banner is killing them. Lucia, or somebody, can you make a version of the banner we are putting on these flyers, but make it bigger, and with bigger brighter white lettering in side the banner? We can use a variety of versions. Such as, a version with just ImmInst.org and Advocacy and Research for Unlimited Lifespans, and one with ARUL - Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans - ImmInst.org, and one with the whole works, Immortality Institute - ARUL - Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans - ImmInst.org and then just a bolder bigger regular one.

#18 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 08:44 PM

Im printing up another stack of promotional material and this is one that Im interested in, but it still needs a bolder banner for it. I cant remember if somebody has created an imminst banner with lettering that pops more yet or not.

#19 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

Any body want to try their hand at more versions of this? This is one of the flyer concepts I would most like to use. I dont know about others. And remember, print up some imminst promotional material and keep it in your car at all times so you can spread it around when you may be traveling around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users