Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Hormone Replacement Therapy As An Anti-Aging Therapy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 VesperLynd

• 180 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

I realize HRT is controversial - but would like to research further - please make any reading recommendations if you have them.

Thanks! VL

#2 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:01 PM

I realize HRT is controversial - but would like to research further - please make any reading recommendations if you have them.

Thanks! VL

From a quick search I did on google I only found negative studies on women taking hormone replacement therapy. It's the complete opposite with men and testosterone. Apparently there are many studies that point to testosterone relieving metabolic syndrome which is a likely result of aging in men which lowers testosterone levels in the body. For that reason testosterone lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes and death and there appears to be no adverse side effects. However, the researchers have cautioned that the long term effects of using it are not known and that if you're taking testosterone it would be a good idea to keep your prostate and red blood cell count continually monitored.

Here's more info: http://men.webmd.com...r-men-pros-cons

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users