Photo
- - - - -

Cognitive Dysfunction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tlm884

• 597 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:22 PM

I am going into my third year of university in September and I am pretty sure I am something going on with my head.

I am having extreme problems concentrating and focusing. Things I use to enjoy reading about or found interesting I have difficulty reading about now. I am unable to focus on one thing for any length of time. I usually do not end up following through anything to completion because I find something else to do. When reading something I am unable to retain what I read because I want to be done so bad that I will read every second or third word just to make it go faster and be done sooner. I feel somewhat foggy and disconnected and I have problems sometimes speaking. I will flip words around, slur words together, speak so fast you can't understand me. I know this is going to affect my schooling and I would love to get it dealt with before school starts.

I am currently diagnosed with Bipolar depression, HTN, and GAD. I am currently taking 5mg cipralex, 80mg Inderal LA and 80mg Diovan. My shrink will be putting me on either modafinil or buproprion begining in September.

#2 tlm884

• Topic Starter
  • 597 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:24 AM

I am going into my third year of university in September and I am pretty sure I am something going on with my head.

I am having extreme problems concentrating and focusing. Things I use to enjoy reading about or found interesting I have difficulty reading about now. I am unable to focus on one thing for any length of time. I usually do not end up following through anything to completion because I find something else to do. When reading something I am unable to retain what I read because I want to be done so bad that I will read every second or third word just to make it go faster and be done sooner. I feel somewhat foggy and disconnected and I have problems sometimes speaking. I will flip words around, slur words together, speak so fast you can't understand me. I know this is going to affect my schooling and I would love to get it dealt with before school starts.

I am currently diagnosed with Bipolar depression, HTN, and GAD. I am currently taking 5mg cipralex, 80mg Inderal LA and 80mg Diovan. My shrink will be putting me on either modafinil or buproprion begining in September.

bump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users