• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

immortality? well i will be 1000 yrs old says Thats Impossible!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thestuffjunky

• 94 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

jonathan frakes is my "number 1"! well, a show i watched hosted by him last night will prove to be a turning point in my life and soon everyone else(if you can call it life?).
immortality: easily enough, 'to eternally have life'. question what you want, but the fact is simple "ITS A MATTER OF TIME!" this means according to just the sciences(not science fiction anymore). First; we know about transplants, stem cell development, making organs from almost scratch and most incredible important success into immortality is cloning. just no need to imagine these, they have already happened. now jump into the sci-fi realm and think, dna, nano-tech and cryogenics. these are things of the past. just as much as you can look at a publishing year in a book, read it and if it was sci-fi, say "THATS IMPOSSIBLE", however, its 2009 and a whole new book is being written. the above scientific technological medical procedures have been done on 1 of 4 types of matter that we know of. that is mineral, plant, gases and ANIMAL. ANIMAL, for golly sakes, we are animal, and in 100 years or even 50 or even 10 or less, we can now say that looking at death as less of a loss of existance, but an actual choice. reminds me of the hyposprays, just inject 100 years into your neck, if you want to die, its a long slumber in stasis. i could go on, but with this line of work and reality, i will be able to do just that, keep going on.............

#2 thestuffjunky

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:49 AM

well, has anyone besides me see this? it is usually looping on my ustream channel

aubrey degrey ray kurzweil

#3 Decimus

• 100 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:56 AM

Good video. Thanks for posting. Nothing this group doesn't know, but it's great to see this caliber of work on the mainstream History Channel.

sponsored ad

• Advert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users