Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Cheaper, more-eyecatching outreach

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:39 AM

Devon's request for funding alerted me to how much you guys are spending on this thing. However I don't see the point of sending 5 books to someone who likely doesn't have time to read one. If they're anything like me they might glance at the flyleaf and stick it in a pile somewhere. Yesterday I was at Radio Shack. They had 3.5" LCD picture frames for sale for $30. I wouldn't be surprised to see them even cheaper online somewhere. You could load one of those up with a few choice informative slides + some attractive pictures to keep them from just wiping the memory card and send them out as gifts to the parties of interest. I would be curious to see the result of this compared to the book route.

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:50 AM

Well, Im not to hip on books either. Shannon suggested it. It might work great though. We wont send them out to everybody, and we continue to brainstorm on more hooks to draw them in to the cause. Another hook is trying to get them to do an interview with us. Its small beans, but it works sometimes, and a few is all we need at the least. Better ideas for hooks is a great brainstorm to engage in though. 5 might be a good amount for a big celebrity. If they end up on their book shelves, their high profile friends will be around to potentially see them. Even if they dont read them, getting a few books in circulation can help. Although, Im hoping we can find cheaper hooks too. Books Im hoping will be just a supplemental hook, to choose from. Also, you might be completely right, and that $200 proposal may be turned down.

An LCD picture frame might work, Im a little skeptical though... Good possibility though, any other ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users