Photo
- - - - -

First time use of Pramiracetam help & Qs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlexInf

• 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

So I got some Pramiracetam (30caps, 400mg + 300m Alpha GPC), but I didn't seem to notice much of an effect.
I felt maybe apathetic and I guess a general increase in focus, but nothing of the reports other people have written on here - hell this might have just been a placebo effect (I'll take another tomorrow and see how I go).
After a ~3-4 hours I just felt real... Well... Shit, lol. I felt nauseous, really flustered/hot (it's winter here! ~14C), constantly thirsty, anxiety, and a serious headache.
I did also have some Creatine (~5g) with it (I find it to help with brain fog), so a slight increase in water consumption is to be expected, but I've been taking Creatine for at least 3-4 weeks now with water intake not even coming close to this extreme; I drank over 3L of water in a couple of hours, and was still thirsty (ended up urinating a fair bit as well).

Now, I do also take methylphenidate (AKA Ritalin), so it is possible these interacted badly?
Or am I just unlucky and Pramiracetam isn't for me?

PS: Yes, I know, Ritalin = stimulant = bad. I was diagnosed with extreme ADHD, and the Ritalin has had a PROFOUND effect on my life - from a school drop out jobless pot head, to a now clean 90%+ graded tertiary student doing 2! courses at the same time.
I would almost say I need it, but I wont got that far, lol.
I've read heavily into meditation and am trying to get into it to wean myself free of them.
I found many links about it on the forums; http://www.nytimes.c...8medi.html?_r=2 and http://video.google....079446171087119 if anyone is curious.

Edited by AlexInf, 14 August 2009 - 02:34 PM.

#2 AlexInf

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:01 AM

So I thought I'd post an update.

Two days later (Monday here atm in Aus), I decided to take just 1/2 a capsule (~200mg Pram, 150mg Alpha GPC) (btw, foulest tasting substance ever, lol). I am most certainly noticing an enhanced focused effect, however I still have a bit of a headache (along forehead), and my chest feels kind of tight (kind of like asthma playing up or something).
I'm in the middle of doing an assignment and have found myself very quickly completing the questions, with few note checks, and almost no problems with remember all the technically accurate biology terms <- usually have a ton of trouble with this.

The caps are from CerebralHealth.com (from "synapse" for memory), and already contain a 4:3 ratio of Alpha GPC (the choline stuff), of which an absence of is known give headaches, so does anyone have any other suggestions on other headache causes?
Should I try to get more choline intake?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 synapse

• 329 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

So I thought I'd post an update.

Two days later (Monday here atm in Aus), I decided to take just 1/2 a capsule (~200mg Pram, 150mg Alpha GPC) (btw, foulest tasting substance ever, lol). I am most certainly noticing an enhanced focused effect, however I still have a bit of a headache (along forehead), and my chest feels kind of tight (kind of like asthma playing up or something).
I'm in the middle of doing an assignment and have found myself very quickly completing the questions, with few note checks, and almost no problems with remember all the technically accurate biology terms <- usually have a ton of trouble with this.

The caps are from CerebralHealth.com (from "synapse" for memory), and already contain a 4:3 ratio of Alpha GPC (the choline stuff), of which an absence of is known give headaches, so does anyone have any other suggestions on other headache causes?
Should I try to get more choline intake?

alex- the pramiracetam/alpha gpc combo in synaptine ultra is pretty strong especially for first time users. you may want to give your body some time to adjust and cycle off from time to time.

#4 AlexInf

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

A belated update: I now take 1 every morning with zero side effects - all is good; just started 3rd "month" (bottle).

@synapse if you read this again: You recommend I should cycle - any particular reason?

I was probably going to stop after this semester (~3 weeks) - I'm a poor Uni student and really can't afford it. :(
Should I wean myself off - 1/2 a cap per day for the last week or something?
Would it be bad if I went "cold turkey"?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 synapse

• 329 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

A belated update: I now take 1 every morning with zero side effects - all is good; just started 3rd "month" (bottle).

@synapse if you read this again: You recommend I should cycle - any particular reason?

I was probably going to stop after this semester (~3 weeks) - I'm a poor Uni student and really can't afford it. :(
Should I wean myself off - 1/2 a cap per day for the last week or something?
Would it be bad if I went "cold turkey"?

If you find that 1/2 a capsule works, then you may want to go that route to save money. You should not experience any adverse side-effects even if you decide to go cold turkey. I generally think its a good idea to cycle off most nootropics a day or two a week including Synaptine Ultra to keep your neurochemistry in balance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users