Photo
- - - - -

A few suggestions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jdgauchat

• 211 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:42 AM

I don't know if suggestions goes here, just move it if it don't.

I'm watching tv from internet from months ago and I followed the evolution of justin.tv. It's like ustream.tv but is getting more and more popular. I think that moving the stream to this plataform will bring more audience instantly. Today I visited the ustream channel a lot of times and I was the only one there. But in the Science and Technology section of justin.tv the channels that are streaming something have at least 10 viewers (thats is not much but is better than nothing). In justin.tv are other channels about documentals and relevant information, some of them reach 100 or 200 viewers some times.

Another issue is that today the Facebook chat is becoming popular. New social networks like justin.tv are incorporating that chat in their platforms. The advantages are: anyone with a Facebook account can participate (good to attract new members), the chat is saved in the Facebook account of every user, so their friends can see it (viral marketing), and the format of the chat is new and fresh, giving to the system a new image and a sense of updatesism (I just invented this word :) )

Well, just some ideas.

Bye
JD

Edited by jdkasinsky, 27 August 2009 - 05:30 PM.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,076 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for the suggestion JD. We are always looking for better ways to reach the wider public. Moved to ideas section.

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Maybe we should combine this in to some kind of general, "beefing up imminst.org/tv" suggestion for the recorders to go over.

We have a few shows we can add to it, but theres a question of how. Give all access to the same channels? Or create channel buttons? Should be move to justin.tv and do it there?

Then we could also add some kind of marketing punch to this. Put a little more focus on gaining viewers. Maybe a front page just for it. "Immortality T.V." So it would appear in google search that way more.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,076 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

Recorders minute: will evaluate justin.tv more in depth after SENS4.

#5 jdgauchat

• Topic Starter
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:56 AM

Maybe we should combine this in to some kind of general, "beefing up imminst.org/tv" suggestion for the recorders to go over.

We have a few shows we can add to it, but theres a question of how. Give all access to the same channels? Or create channel buttons? Should be move to justin.tv and do it there?

Then we could also add some kind of marketing punch to this. Put a little more focus on gaining viewers. Maybe a front page just for it. "Immortality T.V." So it would appear in google search that way more.

I like the idea of a exclusive domain for this. A new website full of embed videos and live shows. I'm working with the API of justin.tv, I just started to look at it but I'm thinking about building a new website around it, so maybe in a few weeks I can give you a hand with the new website idea if is approved.

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:37 AM

Have you checked out ustream.com at all? and if so what do you think of it?

When we used to put a bit of emphasis on imminst.org/tv then we used to have viewers there all the time. Its not like we cant get them, and its not like there arent channels at justin.tv that dont have shows with a few to no viewers also.

#7 jdgauchat

• Topic Starter
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

Have you checked out ustream.com at all? and if so what do you think of it?

When we used to put a bit of emphasis on imminst.org/tv then we used to have viewers there all the time. Its not like we cant get them, and its not like there arent channels at justin.tv that dont have shows with a few to no viewers also.

I don't know how to explain it, but justin is like a "new sensation" and everybody goes there, its like a magnet. The design is better and more attractive, sometimes are more than 10K users in the sports channels. And most important, in every page they stream selected channels. So if you go to Entertainment you will see one channel runing at the right. Maybe Mind will get more attention in his Sunday Updates (those channels have more than 500 viewers).

Im watching TV on internet from months ago and I never go to ustream.tv because doen't have a good design, the channels and show are hard to find an a lot of more negatives...

Edited by jdkasinsky, 28 August 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#8 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

Moving this to forum suggestions, as it's not really a project idea.

#9 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:08 AM

What's the status of this idea now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users