- - - - -

Noob to Noots looking for some study help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cb37

• 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

Hey all,

Glad to have finally found this forum. As the title implies, I am relatively new to nootropics and am hoping for some advice. I have lurked around for a bit and read up on some of the more common ones such as modafinil, primiracitem, etc but am still a little confused.

A little bit about me: I am in law school right now and as can imagine have a crapload of work. In college sometimes I would adderall/dexederine when studying for exams, and it definitely helped me stay focused/motivated and “happy” for long periods of time. Although I really don’t think it did anything for my memory or cognitive enhancement. In fact, I have heard many reports saying dexederine stifles creativity… I don’t think that stuff made me any smarter, just “happier” per say while studying. I have never been diagnosed with any kind of ADD. Then again, with the added motivation and energy I sure got a lot done.

Anyway, I guess now I am looking for something that will help me retain more information while studying, and maybe something that will help me think a little faster/smarter on tests, which I seem to have every other week, which sucks… Most of my studying is pretty much straight memorization of texts/power point slides.

I have had success with the adderall, its certainly better than nothing thats for sure, but I am curious to try some of the other noots here. Was just wondering what you all would recommend for someone in my position.

Thanks in advance.

#2 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:44 PM

Hey all,

Glad to have finally found this forum. As the title implies, I am relatively new to nootropics and am hoping for some advice. I have lurked around for a bit and read up on some of the more common ones such as modafinil, primiracitem, etc but am still a little confused.

A little bit about me: I am in law school right now and as can imagine have a crapload of work. In college sometimes I would adderall/dexederine when studying for exams, and it definitely helped me stay focused/motivated and “happy” for long periods of time. Although I really don’t think it did anything for my memory or cognitive enhancement. In fact, I have heard many reports saying dexederine stifles creativity… I don’t think that stuff made me any smarter, just “happier” per say while studying. I have never been diagnosed with any kind of ADD. Then again, with the added motivation and energy I sure got a lot done.

Anyway, I guess now I am looking for something that will help me retain more information while studying, and maybe something that will help me think a little faster/smarter on tests, which I seem to have every other week, which sucks… Most of my studying is pretty much straight memorization of texts/power point slides.

I have had success with the adderall, its certainly better than nothing thats for sure, but I am curious to try some of the other noots here. Was just wondering what you all would recommend for someone in my position.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a noob too, but I would suggest that you tried out the racetam family. It seems people in this forum has the best experiences with that drug. I'm on day 2 with piracetam/choline and I must say that it helps with lucidity, reflexes and energy. I don't know about memory etc now. If you're into memorization, try out mnemonics. Give me a PM and I'll let you into it.
Good luck,

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

According to most experiences, modafinil and deprenyl seem to be the most motivating ones, the rhodiola en ashwaghanda combo seems to be pretty good too, and offcourse piracetam is a good start.

I started taking piracetam myself and i have noticed more clarity.

#4 cb37

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:58 AM

According to most experiences, modafinil and deprenyl seem to be the most motivating ones, the rhodiola en ashwaghanda combo seems to be pretty good too, and offcourse piracetam is a good start.

Thanks for the replies all. For what its worth, I'm a 25 year old male. Should I be taking a choline source as well? I was told by a friend to try taking huperazine A with piracetam.

Medievil, I'm having a pretty tough time finding and modafinil or deprenyl online, mind sharing some sources? Thanks

#5 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:03 AM

yes, if you're taking racetams, definitely take choline. CDP-choline is a good source.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the replies all. For what its worth, I'm a 25 year old male. Should I be taking a choline source as well? I was told by a friend to try taking huperazine A with piracetam.

Medievil, I'm having a pretty tough time finding and modafinil or deprenyl online, mind sharing some sources? Thanks

Google "airsealed".
I dont take choline bust most member recommend it so i would, need to order it myself as i got piracetam prescribed from my doc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users