Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Hell for eternity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

I have read some desriptions of Hell, the christian and the Muslim Version, both are very.... sick, maybe thats the right word, did you know that in muslim-hell Allah will give you a new skin if your old one was burnt, so that you could enjoy Hellfire again and again?
Now i want to ask, can you imagine -cause i can not*- a crime so horrible that the Person who did it should suffer ETERNAL TORMENT, emphasis on ETERNAL, and remember thats not a few Billion Million years its for ETERNITY, and they say that the punishment in hell is PERFECT so it wont wear off like rape in prison, or domestic violence.

*Okay iam from a very "calm" country (they call it "Die Insel der Seligen" the Island of the beatified) and such things like the Fritzl-case happen very seldom, i also live in a middle large City where i have manged not to see horrible crimes or so, i also have a very liberal view and think that there are people which could be reintegrated into society, i wouldnt even send Hitler, Stalin or Fritzl to Hell, but like i said iam only from Austria and may have not seen the most horrible things possible, maybe people like Spam-mailers and japanese Sex-toy-developers** shold be sent to Hell!?

**Dont ask me what i have seen, but yes the "sex-toy" from Seven would not equal one-one-billionth of the perversion of that thing.

#2 Cameron

• 167 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:47 AM

I have read some desriptions of Hell, the christian and the Muslim Version, both are very.... sick, maybe thats the right word, did you know that in muslim-hell Allah will give you a new skin if your old one was burnt, so that you could enjoy Hellfire again and again?
Now i want to ask, can you imagine -cause i can not*- a crime so horrible that the Person who did it should suffer ETERNAL TORMENT, emphasis on ETERNAL, and remember thats not a few Billion Million years its for ETERNITY, and they say that the punishment in hell is PERFECT so it wont wear off like rape in prison, or domestic violence.

*Okay iam from a very "calm" country (they call it "Die Insel der Seligen" the Island of the beatified) and such things like the Fritzl-case happen very seldom, i also live in a middle large City where i have manged not to see horrible crimes or so, i also have a very liberal view and think that there are people which could be reintegrated into society, i wouldnt even send Hitler, Stalin or Fritzl to Hell, but like i said iam only from Austria and may have not seen the most horrible things possible, maybe people like Spam-mailers and japanese Sex-toy-developers** shold be sent to Hell!?

**Dont ask me what i have seen, but yes the "sex-toy" from Seven would not equal one-one-billionth of the perversion of that thing.

The only crime worthy of something like that would probably be opening a hole|door|whatever to an eternal-hell-universe and throwing someone there.

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

I used to debate religion vs agnosticism and indefinite life extension like it was a full time job. I really credit it with a lot of my understanding of logic and fallacy. Anyways, the answer that seemed to make the most sense to me when we discussed this topic, "How could a god give such a bad hell to those that we can see dont deserve something that bad, and so how could god be real because of this gross atrocity." The answer was that we, since we arent god, cant know what is right and wrong, we cant pretend as limited beings to know what is just punishment, and what is not. Hell might be fitting and who are we to question that?

I guess that makes sense, if there is a god, but Im an agnostic, so I beleive that anything should be considered as possible, until the answers are found, and so I hold just as much regard for any possibility, like maybe that if there is a god, it might be a universal outlaw not fit to serve, or, that most likely, there is no hell.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Besides the fact religion is a manifestation of man and is extremely flawed, physical torment in a place where you're already immortal makes no sense. Besides, with out evolution, whether you're in hell experiencing pain or in heaven experiencing pleasure, eventually you'll get bored and that will be the biggest torment of all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users