Photo
- - - - -

choline + b5

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:47 AM

if i'm taking choline, might i as well take b5 with it? if so, how much or in what ratio?

#2 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

What form of choline are you taking?

For lecithin I would go 2 grams of Lecithin, and 500mg of b5.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 csrpj

• Topic Starter
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

choline bitartrate, because it is cheap.

btw, how much choline bitartrate = the same amount effect-wise for alpha GPC? everyone says alpha is way better, and i'm assuming i'd need to take a smaller serving for alpha, so i'm trying to figure out the real price difference.

#4 csrpj

• Topic Starter
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

wait, so i indeed should take the b5? i've read somewhere than b5 has a large synergetic effect w/ choline... so this is the case?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

There is a synergy in the sense that it is my understanding that b5 assists inferior choline sources like bitartrate in crossing the blood brain barrier (Choline's quaternary amine renders it lipid insoluble which might suggest it would be unable to cross the blood-brain barrier).

If you are serious about boosting acetylcholine I would consider switching to CDP Choline or Alpha GPC (preferably the former since there has been significantly more studies does on it, showing its effectiveness), as they are superior sources of choline when compared with Choline Bitartrate, whose bioavailability is low.

By the way, Lecithin is a better source of choline than than bitartrate, as it contains phosphatidylcholine, has all the beneficial effects of choline bitartrate, but is both more bioavailable and less expensive.

Centrophenoxine is the holy grail of acetylcholine IMO.

Edited by hamishm00, 23 September 2009 - 02:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users