Photo
- - - - -

Modafinil against anxiety?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steelsky

• 412 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:13 AM

When I first started taking Modafinil, I've noticed a considerable reduction in anxiety and a general elevation in mood.
I've since had break periods because of reduced efficiency against sleepiness.

The past few days I've taken large doses of Modafinil (300-500mg) and again noticed the wondrous change.
So I'm wondering.

#2 Algear Linebra

• 27 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:26 AM

I have to pay for the positive feelings on moda afterwards, so watch out.

When I first started taking Modafinil, I've noticed a considerable reduction in anxiety and a general elevation in mood.
I've since had break periods because of reduced efficiency against sleepiness.

The past few days I've taken large doses of Modafinil (300-500mg) and again noticed the wondrous change.
So I'm wondering.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

Modafinil is not harmless and does seem to have potential for abuse at higher doses, releasing dopamine in parts of the brain that feel good and produce "likeability". Don't escalate the dose.

#4 Algear Linebra

• 27 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

I thought i was almost alone with my reservations against this "miracle drug". It's in my arsenal to stay, but i would never use it on a daily basis. It's like other strong stimulants, but with much less pronounced side effects. Two consecutive days with 100-150 mg's of modafinil will make me slightly depressed the following third day. This is ofcourse just the way my brain works, but i think it's likely that there are more people who won't get that free dopamine lunch..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

Well, I have never gotten a "rebound" from Modafinil, even on higher doses. So, Funk, if that's the danger you're referring to - I didn't notice it so far. If it's something else, I'd like to know (possible health hazards and such).

You guys should note that while I do feel uplifted, it is by no means euphoria. It feels exactly like what I need, as it eliminates the type of anxiety I have. Also note that I feel slightly similar when starting on Bupropion (after about a week or two the effect declines).

So, as you can see, I don't use Modafinil daily. I cycle between Modafinil, Bupropion and Concerta, and there are some days I don't take anything at all.

So I hope I'm rather safe.

Only wish I could find the best cycling scenario.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users