Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Standard Process?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ron

• 100 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Anyone have an opinion on their supplements?

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

Standard process only sells through chiropractors, naturopaths, accupuncturists and the like, who get a cut of their rather high cost. This sets up a situation where the practitioner is motivated to get you to buy the product, and may well make statements that lead to all manner of placebo effects. I really don't like this sales model at all.

Quackwatch has this to say about them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Ron

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Standard process only sells through chiropractors, naturopaths, accupuncturists and the like, who get a cut of their rather high cost. This sets up a situation where the practitioner is motivated to get you to buy the product, and may well make statements that lead to all manner of placebo effects. I really don't like this sales model at all.

Quackwatch has this to say about them.

Thanks, that is interesting. But if I am able to circumvent the chiropractor's mark-up and am deciding on my own supplements, is there any reason to be wary of the quality of their products?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#4 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:22 AM

I tried their products on suggestion of a health food store that was going out of business. I described my situation to the woman who then suggested 3 products in combination. I really was skeptical after reading the supplement facts section on the bottles because the amounts were small. The price was worth it and to my surprise, it worked. This was no placebo affect. IMO the quality is good, they have been in business for years, but I think its a good idea to talk with a naturopath or someone that knows about using them in combination for specific conditions. Remember, they are prescribed naturopathic medications and not vitamins per se. Ron you have pm, please check your message box

Edited by 2tender, 07 October 2009 - 02:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users