Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Shipping Delays at iherb.com

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:41 AM

Not a single bad experience. Unbelievably fast shipping (AND I'M IN AUSTRALIA!!!)

#32 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

Ok, folks, listen up.

If any of you have any problems whatsoever with iHerb this is the guy you want to contact:

Joe Pizarro

He can be reached at his work email address which is:

joe-p@iherb.com

That is all.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:15 PM

For 10 dollars shipping cost, a package arrives in the United Arab Emirates within 2 days.

IHerb are amazing for international orders.

I order everything through them now. I can't justify the use of anyone else price or speed-wise.

#34 cougar

• Topic Starter
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:24 AM

Their speed is lacking though.
It usually takes at least a week from the time I order something until it arrives at my door.

For speed, consider selecting the Next Day shipping option. Yes, more $$$ but well worth it to me. All my iHerb packages now arrive before 10:30 AM.

I was using their fastest shipping option and paid $24 for shipping, actually it took ONLY 1 DAY for the packet to get to Canada, but IT TOOK 15 DAYS BEFORE MY STUFF GETS SHIPPED OUT. There's nothing to do with shipping option. If the packet stays 15 days in their warehouse, you won't get it THE NEXT DAY no matter how fast shipping option you are using.

#35 cougar

• Topic Starter
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:26 AM

For 10 dollars shipping cost, a package arrives in the United Arab Emirates within 2 days.

I order everything through them now. I can't justify the use of anyone else price or speed-wise.

10 dollars? which type of shipping did you use?

#36 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:07 PM

iHerb also gives quite a big discount if you become a regular customer and order a lot at one time.

For instance, I get 10% off everything, 12% off orders over $120, 14% off orders over $240, and 16% off orders over $480.

Then again, I order probably at least $200/mo from them.

By the way, someone posted that their prices weren't the best, but after the discounts they usually are.

Jarrow Formulas, Citicoline, Cognizin CDP Choline is $17.97 at iHerb
http://www.iherb.com...psules/112?at=0
and $16.22 at Vitacost
http://www.vitacost......20CDP Choline

But after the 10% minimum discount I get at iHerb, it's $16.17, and if it's part of a larger order it's even cheaper.

Now how in the hell do you get 10 percent? I only get 5 percent. Is it from your referral code?

Anyway, look, Iherb does NOT have the best prices for EVERYTHING, though there are some items that are cheaper there (I.E. FamilE, healthy origins citicholine, Max DHA liquid, Doctor's best carnitine fumarate, some others), but that's just the list prices.

The fact is, they have a freaking PRICE MATCH POLICY tucked away in their FAQ that doesn't even subtract the free shipping you'll be getting from your rebate. If you put the items that are cheaper at Store X, Store Y and Iherb in their own carts, you'll save ALOT of money, as long as you follow the guidelines: I.E. no international orders, identical orders in comparison to the other site, and the same order being over 60 dollars on both Iherb and the site you'd like to price match against. And of course no promo codes taken into account for either.

Edited by shazam, 25 October 2009 - 11:09 PM.

#37 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:10 AM

10% off is for VIP customers. I have no idea what criteria they use exactly to give you VIP pricing... they gave it to me a while ago after a couple of $100 orders. I guess if you order regularly from them, eventually they give you that discount.

To be fair to other companies, Swansons is a good choice too, especially for international people without that pricematch option. Also hidden away in Swanson's info is that they pricematch too, and double the difference. They also usually have 10% off, or free shipping coupon codes floating about on the net somewhere, although it's annoying to find them sometimes.

#38 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

10% off is for VIP customers. I have no idea what criteria they use exactly to give you VIP pricing... they gave it to me a while ago after a couple of $100 orders. I guess if you order regularly from them, eventually they give you that discount.

To be fair to other companies, Swansons is a good choice too, especially for international people without that pricematch option. Also hidden away in Swanson's info is that they pricematch too, and double the difference. They also usually have 10% off, or free shipping coupon codes floating about on the net somewhere, although it's annoying to find them sometimes.

Fancy. Is swansons similar in that they want the products to be identical? Because I don't see many other carriers of swanson stuff other than their website, and it's all pretty expensive.

As for VIP pricing... I hope that the criteria doesn't exclude people who commonly price match, cause then I'm out of the picture =P

#39 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:09 AM

Yes, for Swanson's the products have to be identical, which of course rules out pricematching Swanson's own brand. But their house brand is usually cheap anyway (at least when it's on a buy one, get one free sale). They do carry Now, Nature's Way and other common manufacturers too.

Edited by nameless, 26 October 2009 - 02:10 AM.

#40 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:16 AM

Yes, for Swanson's the products have to be identical, which of course rules out pricematching Swanson's own brand. But their house brand is usually cheap anyway (at least when it's on a buy one, get one free sale). They do carry Now, Nature's Way and other common manufacturers too.

So iherb will price-match with similar supplements from different brands ?
I've never done price-matching so far.

#41 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:27 AM

No. Identical supplements, 60 dollar+ cart on both sites, no internationals are the requisites. The reason I was asking that question was that nobody else seems to carry swanson brands, so their price match policy might be kinda useless. But it's neat that they carry NOW and shit, too. Is there a price range you need to reach for them, too?

#42 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:44 AM

It has to be the same exact product. So say: 'So and So' is selling Now vitamin D3 for $4, and the same product at iherb (after any discounts) is $8, they will refund the difference.

Swanson's is the same. Except they will refund 2x the difference.

Another way to save a little money is using Fatwallet to get a percentage back from purchases (works for lots of companies, not just supplement sites). I think Vitacost is at 5% and VitaminShoppe is at 8%. They don't have iHerb or Swanson's listed last time I checked.

#43 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:46 AM

[ But it's neat that they carry NOW and shit, too. Is there a price range you need to reach for them, too?

Not that I know of. I recently asked swanson's to pricematch at item for me and my total was around $35. No problem.

#44 shazam

• 197 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:26 AM

[ But it's neat that they carry NOW and shit, too. Is there a price range you need to reach for them, too?

Not that I know of. I recently asked swanson's to pricematch at item for me and my total was around $35. No problem.

So you just picked one item to match out of the cart? Is the amount of stores you can match to per cart limited? Or the amount of items for that matter?

#45 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:28 AM

I had one item in my cart that I found several dollars cheaper from another company, emailed them a link, and they pricematched. I don't know if Swanson limits how many items you can match per order, but I doubt they do. And Swanson/iHerb/Vitacost tend to all be in the same ballpark for most items to begin with, so it's sort of rare to have several items that need matching.

#46 Buzzing Health

• 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:00 AM

iherb are a fantastic company I order from the UK and they are cheap and fast

#47 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:28 AM

10 dollars? which type of shipping did you use?

DHL International parcel courier

#48 jessicantique

• 104 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

It has to be the same exact product. So say: 'So and So' is selling Now vitamin D3 for $4, and the same product at iherb (after any discounts) is $8, they will refund the difference.

Swanson's is the same. Except they will refund 2x the difference.

Another way to save a little money is using Fatwallet to get a percentage back from purchases (works for lots of companies, not just supplement sites). I think Vitacost is at 5% and VitaminShoppe is at 8%. They don't have iHerb or Swanson's listed last time I checked.

does Fatwallet work for internationals? i mean i don't have a paypal , how can they cash me back?

#49 jessicantique

• 104 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:41 PM

i have been ordering from swanson and vitacost, for most of the items they have similar prices, though vitacost carries more brands. also swanson ships using fedex (to asia) which is usually more expensive then UPS when i ordered from vitacost.

#50 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

does Fatwallet work for internationals? i mean i don't have a paypal , how can they cash me back?

Not sure if they can pay international without using PayPal. They will send a check once you get over $10 saved, but I can't see that working for international people due to fees.

It's easy to get a free PayPal account if you want one. It's handy for Ebay things too.

#51 Psych

• 55 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:11 AM

I order about twice a month from iHerb.com and have not been dissatisfied yet.

#52 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:18 AM

Found a package in my mail today, a free 30 day pack of Madre-C from iHerb, along with a note saying they were sorry for the recent delays in orders. I have no real need for the item, but it was nice of them to send it. So hopefully all of those who had delays with their recent shipments, get something free too.

#53 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

Considering the widespread satisfaction that most of us seem to have with Iherb, the title of this thread seemed unfair to them. I edited it to more accurately display the content of the thread. The thread title is now "Shipping Delays at iherb.com".

#54 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:52 AM

It seems it takes about 2 to 3 days from ordering to shipping with my last orders. Though there was a period where it took longer. Still isn't the same day shipping I'm used to, but I don't mind waiting a few days longer.

#55 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

I have no idea what criteria they use exactly to give you VIP pricing...

I asked them some time ago (2005) and they said that they keep track of your yearly "Order History" spending and base the VIP pricing on that.

Edited by pycnogenol, 03 November 2009 - 04:48 PM.

#56 Saber

• 110 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

They're ticking off a lot of people with that shipping delay for months now.
Get your ass moving iherb or people will take their business elsewhere. It shouldn't take half a year to move into a new warehouse.

Edited by Saber, 04 November 2009 - 02:07 AM.

#57 JackChristopher

• 178 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:31 AM

Have no Vit D3. Can get it at iherb for just over $5 (discounted). Don't know if I should. Are the delays on all orders lately? I want to do standard USPS shipping.

#58 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

Have no Vit D3. Can get it at iherb for just over $5 (discounted). Don't know if I should. Are the delays on all orders lately? I want to do standard USPS shipping.

I just ordered from them; here's the history:

10-27 10:00 PM placed order
10-28 8:56 PM order shipped UPS Ground (free shipping option)
11-03 3:13 PM delivered (east coast US)

It looks to me like the problem is solved.

#59 JackChristopher

• 178 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

I just ordered from them; here's the history:

10-27 10:00 PM placed order
10-28 8:56 PM order shipped UPS Ground (free shipping option)
11-03 3:13 PM delivered (east coast US)

It looks to me like the problem is solved.

Yep. Bought and shipped in 4 days.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

again, a testament to the excellence that is iherb...

today i received this:

You have just received a complimentary $10 credit -- it's waiting for you inside your iHerb account!

We wanted to thank you for your support and understanding during our recent warehouse upgrade project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users