Photo
- - - - -

ALCAR faqs thread

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:19 PM

let's helps each other give the common answers to common questions. forget about being perfectly right, since everyone asking is looking for the common answers - wisdom of the crowds, ya know. later, i'm thinking i'll complile it and update this thread in a more organized manner, but for now, here are some common questions (?) and some i'm personally currently cruious (???) about in relation to ALCAR:

- what's a good dose range, especially what's a safe maxiumum dose???
- does tolerance build up w/ repeated use??? does it make sense to redose?
- w/ or w/out food?
- how long does it last for?
- what does it do best? mood, antioxidant effect, wakefulness, focus, etc?
- does it matter much if i mix with RALA or ALA? is it true that it hurts one to do ALA is a mix or R and L and the S hurts and negates the R? basically, should i bother with RALA even though it's waaaay more expensive?
- does adding ALA effect just the health aspects, or does it synergize to make the subjective experience better????? (feel more awake or feel even better?)
- does it synergize with some other nootropics???
- i use it on an as-needed basis, but is there a good guidline for benefiting most from cumilative effects???

#2 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

I'd like to know what the reason is to take ALA with it? I can't find the answer anywhere.

ALCAR seems to wipe me out, i'm not taking ALA with it though so could this be the reason. Got a load of it sitting there. Might try it again give it another test. Can't afford a day of being wiped out though. Has anybody got this effect from ALCAR, seems to be exactly the opposite of what everybody says it does, i.e. more energy and focus.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

let's helps each other give the common answers to common questions. forget about being perfectly right, since everyone asking is looking for the common answers - wisdom of the crowds, ya know. later, i'm thinking i'll complile it and update this thread in a more organized manner, but for now, here are some common questions (?) and some i'm personally currently cruious (???) about in relation to ALCAR:

- what's a good dose range, especially what's a safe maxiumum dose???
- does tolerance build up w/ repeated use??? does it make sense to redose?
- w/ or w/out food?
- how long does it last for?
- what does it do best? mood, antioxidant effect, wakefulness, focus, etc?
- does it matter much if i mix with RALA or ALA? is it true that it hurts one to do ALA is a mix or R and L and the S hurts and negates the R? basically, should i bother with RALA even though it's waaaay more expensive?
- does adding ALA effect just the health aspects, or does it synergize to make the subjective experience better????? (feel more awake or feel even better?)
- does it synergize with some other nootropics???
- i use it on an as-needed basis, but is there a good guidline for benefiting most from cumilative effects???

-AFAIK, alcar is pretty safe. "maximum dosages" don't really apply here, because I think your body has a cap at how much it will absorb. 1500mg a day is the dose that was used for hand-eye coordination enhancement. So I suppose 500mg 3x a day?
-never heard of tolerance to alcar, but homeostasis always likes to rear its head into just about everything.
-empty stomach
-couldn't say.
-it's a little kick of energy/focus, comparable to a giant cup of coffee but w/out the jitters (in my experience)
-there's a lot of controversy about lipoic acids; i would avoid it. if you do decide to take it, be careful with it as it's supposed to really enhance insulin sensitivity; so if you find yourself really tired, your going into a hypoglycemic episode.
-lipoic acids are supposed to synergize w/alcar, but again, above comment ^
-it's supposed to, but how many nootropics are you planning to "synergize" it with?
-couldn't say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users