• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Potential Google Wave Invites

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

Hey everyone,

I potentially have up to 5 invites to google wave that will be going fast. I registered on the cosmic engineer's google group and one of the members offered free invites. I figured we should jump at this opportunity. I was told that I would be receiving an invite, but that it takes some time.

Mind, if you or any other directors, navigators, recorders, etc. want to get on this, please send me your gmail addresses so I can try to get you some of the remaining invites.

You guys can also register on the Cosmic Engineer's google group, but it takes some time for approval.

Here's the link: http://groups.google...osmic-engineers

Please respond soon. Mind, I will also send you a PM.

EDIT:

To request an invitation directly from google go here:

https://services.goo...rms/wavesignup/

Edited by Vgamer1, 16 October 2009 - 03:47 AM.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,105 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Yes, please try to reserve a Wave invite for Imminst. We don't have an official gmail account for Imminst. I don't have a personal gmail address either. I'll sign up now.

#3 cribbon

• 26 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

From what i've read Wave will be really good for organizing these kinds of projects, creating many many subgroups but still being able to navigate them through easily.

If you end up having to many invites ... i can probably help you out with that burden... or atleast one of the surplus :-D

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Mind

• 19,105 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

Imminst has an account with google but not an official gmail address (except orights.cancer.cryonics.fund@gmail.com which was created solely for the fundraiser earlier this year). I tried to sign up for Imminst@gmail.com and found it was already taken. Did anybody here sign up that email, or was it something Bruce did a while ago maybe.

#5 Mind

• 19,105 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

I signed up for mind.imminst@gmail.com

Best I could do right now.

#6 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

I signed up for mind.imminst@gmail.com

Best I could do right now.

I requested an invite for you. Hopefully they will come soon. Any other gmail accounts that you'd like to request invites for?

#7 Transcentity

• 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

If there's still any vacancies mine is transcentity@gmail.com

#8 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

I'd be up for that vgamer1

amphetish@gmail.com

Much appreciated. Thanks in advance

#9 Normal Dan

• 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

I'm at NormalDan@gmail.com
An invite would be nice, but I'm not a director or anything, so give priority where priority is due.

#10 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

I'd be up for that vgamer1

amphetish@gmail.com

Much appreciated. Thanks in advance

OK, I sent a request for you. She hasn't gotten back to me about Mind's account yet.

For the non-directors, I'm going to wait until I hear back before I start asking for more invites. The other option is for you guys to join the cosmic engineer's google group. It's a good network and it looks like other members are giving away invites as well. Also, everyone with a gmail account can apply for an invite directly from google.

Cosmic Engineer's Google Group:

http://groups.google...osmic-engineers

To request an invitation directly from google go here:

https://services.goo...rms/wavesignup/

Edited by Vgamer1, 14 October 2009 - 09:12 PM.

#11 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Cheers vgamer1

I'll be sure to return the favour when the next generation is released, google tsunami. Bigger but not necessarily better, quite often a disaster ;)

#12 Normal Dan

• 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:31 PM

What is Cosmic Engineers about? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on them in that group.

#13 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

I know that they are a transhumanist group. They also have a website here: http://www.cosmeng.o...x.php/Main_Page

I was referred to them by modelcadet AKA teme AKA Paul

I just joined about a week ago, I was just lurking until I saw the post about google wave and I jumped at that.

#14 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

She said that she invited Mind and Zoolander.

I requested an invite for Normal Dan and Transcentity.

Again, don't know how long it will take for us to receive the invites. I haven't gotten mine yet.

Edited by Vgamer1, 15 October 2009 - 02:59 PM.

#15 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:58 PM

OK, I got my invite. Right now apparently I'm only accessing a "preview." I guess it's the nice way of saying "beta"

Mind and others, let me know when you get your invites, we can try out different features together.

#16 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:15 AM

OK, I got my invite. Right now apparently I'm only accessing a "preview." I guess it's the nice way of saying "beta"

Mind and others, let me know when you get your invites, we can try out different features together.

Hey vgamer, any invites left? If you could hook me up, that'd be awesome - mitkat@gmail.com! I'm excited to try this out with other imminsters.

#17 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:46 AM

Hey vgamer, any invites left? If you could hook me up, that'd be awesome - mitkat@gmail.com! I'm excited to try this out with other imminsters.

As of now, the person who was giving them out has none left. But you still might be able to get one yourself by applying directly through google or by joining the cosmic engineers google group and asking for one. I will stick the links in my first post.

Edited by Vgamer1, 16 October 2009 - 03:46 AM.

#18 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:07 AM

here I am

amphetish@googlewave.com

#19 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:28 AM

For some reason I can't look you up by amphetish. I haven't quite figured this all out yet. My e-mail there is danpenso@gmail.com and my name is Daniel Penso. Try to add me as a contact if you can.

#20 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:57 AM

Done. You'r ein my contacts under

danpenso@googlewave.com

#21 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:24 AM

I was sent an invite several days ago, but have not received it. I had also requested one directly from the website, but the one sent to me was by my husband who had just received his (it took a few weeks from when his developer friend in Houston sent it, and he had also requested one directly from google's site). I'll share though if mine shows up, apparently they are screening for people who will help with programming, I did say I'd fill out request forms and report bugs at least ;). It will be a great tool for networking :) In time everyone will be using it!

#22 infeu

• 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 03:25 AM

I was sent an invite several days ago, but have not received it. I had also requested one directly from the website, but the one sent to me was by my husband who had just received his (it took a few weeks from when his developer friend in Houston sent it, and he had also requested one directly from google's site). I'll share though if mine shows up, apparently they are screening for people who will help with programming, I did say I'd fill out request forms and report bugs at least ;). It will be a great tool for networking ;) In time everyone will be using it!

anyone can give me one invite? thank you

hkinfeu at gmail.com

#23 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:32 PM

Ok, my invite came and none of you have come up, leaving me to assume you are in the Sandbox version not the live version. Anyone with the live version please add me under intheyear2525 at gmail dot com, or at googlewave dot com--both should pull me up.

#24 Mind

• 19,105 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:51 PM

I hope to get an official Imminst wave going, or at least to test it out with the mind.imminst@googlewave account, so we can collaborate more closely. I haven't watched the explanatory video yet. If anyone has used Wave a while already, please post some tips on how to get around and navigate.

#25 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

So, I tried searching for your account Mind, but it "couldn't be found"--did you see an invitation from me on wave, or did you find me in a search?

I watched the "long" video, there are several on the web--but the main google "long" video is the best for explanation, you can run it in a corner of your screen while you get other work done and pay attention at the interesting parts I've found.

#26 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

I have started a wave with Shannon and Mind.

#27 modelcadet

• 443 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

What is Cosmic Engineers about? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info on them in that group.

Check out the Prospectus.

#28 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:18 PM

I can see Zoolander's pic, but not Mind-and he said he has one. I still seem to be having a problem with searching for people, but overall I found it works better in Chrome than in Safari and in Firefox. Here is a quick overview I found concise: http://lifehacker.co...wave-first-look I've not found much though on why I seem to be having problems with some features from my Mac (such as selecting, dragging and dropping). Hopefully some other directors will get connected with our small group ;-)

#29 Vgamer1

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

Something to get you guys excited about wave:

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Edited by Vgamer1, 19 October 2009 - 01:19 AM.

#30 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

Still having some bugs with it, but it will get there. As soon as we get the directors on we could at least attempt running a meeting (not as exciting as that vid though I'm sure ;-) ) :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users