Recommended Curcumin Supplement?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 BDon

• 90 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Has anyone seen this..

OncoQOL, InflaQOL ~
Curcumin Phytosome** (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 1 g

#62 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

I have incorporated organic turmeric into my diet for years (+5) since it offers not just some but ALL of the "Curcuminoids Complex"-factors that most of the supplement companies are starting to gradually add to their "SuperDuperMegaCurcumin version XYZ" since they are gradually discovering that the reason why turmeric works so well is not just one isolated substance but rather a complex of a LOT of substances.

I agree. And why is it necessary to exceed tasteful amounts of whole turmeric -- used as a food spice -- unless you're seriously ill?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Daisy Neptune

• 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Very upset with AFI, order curucminoids without bioperine 500 mg was opening them mixing in yogurt, order dozen bottles all of the capsules when opening them had shards of capsule material within them mixed with powder..when mixed into yogurt there would be gelatin like strands,--clearly problem in manufacturing, returned them, got credited, but asked for answer to investigation as to why this happened as I needed a source of curcumin without bioperene..no answer provided to me and after several phone calls, secretary called me today to see doc looked at them and they are fine, he opened one capsule, total BS, my husband and I together opened at least 15 or more pills besides the many I had taken where i was trying to pull out the gelatin shards--they said they had not gotten other complaints and other people open pills too..because obviously swallowing them one wouldn't know..anyway, they couldn't care less, and clearly their manufacturing is poor, to have allowed this to happen..so many of these supplement companies are downright sleazy.
  • like x 1

#64 abolitionist

• 720 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

this is what I use;

http://www.terrynatu...curamed-375-mg/

reasons;

1. complexed rather than an extract of pure chemicals (includes Turmeric essential oil)
2. no harmful ingredients
3. BMC-95 that is widely studied
4. micronized and complexed with Phospholipids for better absorbtion and bioavailability (no need for bioperine)
5. a safe dose level

It is made by Europharma;

http://www.europharm...curamed-375-mg/

Some recommended reading;

http://www.nutraingr...bioavailability

you can also do what these guys do ;-) ;

Edited by abolitionist, 08 June 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#65 abolitionist

• 720 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

I haven't seen any science done on this approach but it may be feasible to vaporize low-temp dried Turmeric root pieces - and inhale the resultant mixture directly into the bloodstream.

This website claims that the optimal temperature to vaporize Turmeric is 347°F to 392°F ;

http://www.integrati...ls-as-medicine/

There is some scientific data on the use of Turmeric for filtering hookah smoke (through boiled Turmeric/water mixture);

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2709159/

-----------------

The reason for vaporization would be to bypass the digestive system (which decreases the bioavailability of curcumin making it difficult to obtain useful levels of curcuminoids and related substances in the bloodstream).

Know anybody with untreatable lung cancer?

Edited by abolitionist, 08 June 2013 - 10:33 PM.

• dislike x 1

#66 abolitionist

• 720 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

You can also boil it down and combine with coconut oil, honey, superfood powder, and ground flax seeds for bite sized snacks;

----------------------------

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2693878/ ;

"Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010 Aug;54(8):1202-9. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.200900106.
Heat-solubilized curry spice curcumin inhibits antibody-antigen interaction in in vitro studies: a possible therapy to alleviate autoimmune disorders.

Abstract

Chronic and complex autoimmune diseases, currently treated palliatively with immunosuppressives, require multi-targeted therapy for greater effectiveness. The naturally occurring polyphenol curcumin has emerged as a powerful "nutraceutical" that interacts with multiple targets to regress diseases safely and inexpensively. Up to 8 g/day of curcumin for 18 months was non-toxic to humans. However, curcumin's utility is limited by its aqueous insolubility. We have demonstrated a heat-mediated 12-fold increase in curcumin's aqueous solubility. Here, we show by SDS-PAGE and surface plasmon resonance that heat-solubilized curcumin binds to proteins. Based on this binding we hypothesized that heat-solubilized curcumin or turmeric would prevent autoantibody targeting of cognate autoantigens. Heat-solubilized curcumin/turmeric significantly decreased binding of autoantibodies from Sjögren's syndrome (up to 43/70%, respectively) and systemic lupus erythematosus (up to 52/70%, respectively) patients as well as an animal model of Sjögren's syndrome (up to 50/60%, respectively) to their cognate antigens. However, inhibition was not specific to autoimmunity. Heat-solubilized curcumin/turmeric also inhibited binding of commercial polyclonal anti-spectrin to spectrin (50/56%, respectively). Thus, we suggest that the multifaceted heat-solubilized curcumin can ameliorate autoimmune disorders. In addition, the non-toxic curcumin could serve as a new protein stain in SDS-PAGE even though it is less sensitive than the Coomassie system which involves toxic chemicals."

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.ncbi.nlm....PMC2709159/#R16 ;

"Curcumin is practically insoluble in water. However, we have shown that the solubility of curcumin/turmeric could be increased 12-fold/3-fold respectively with the use of heat.

Heat-solubilized curcumin is bioactive, as demonstrated by an in vitro ELISA that used 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal (lipid peroxidation by-product) mediated solid phase modification of a multiple antigenic peptide antigen substrate. This assay showed that curcumin brought about an 80% inhibition of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal mediated oxidation of the multiple antigenic peptide substrate. Matrix assisted laser desorption ionization time of flight mass spectrometric and spectrophotometric profiling (400–700 nm) of the heat-extracted curcumin did not reveal any heat-induced disintegration of curcumin. Heat treatment appears to protect curcumin against degradation compared to curcumin solubilized in mild alkali (pH 7.2, PBS). Heat-solubilized curcumin has been suggested for use in human clinical trials."

Edited by abolitionist, 08 June 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#67 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

Curcumin is practically insoluble in water. However, we have shown that the solubility of curcumin/turmeric could be increased 12-fold/3-fold respectively with the use of heat.

Does this mean if I use Turmeric in my food, will it help to eat it hot?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#68 LaViidaLocaa

• 96 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Is there a 'consensus' in whether Longvida or BMC-95 (or another) is better?
I'm taking 2x 500 mg of Longvida each day. It's pricey, but it seems to be the best curcumin product on the market, isn't it?
Or would I be better of taking another one or cutting the dose to 1x 500 mg a day?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users