• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

obituaries, cemeteries, death quotes, faces, and names

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

That concept could really be spruced up to drive the point home harder. Imagine multiple multiple family lines, Great great great - great great - great - grand - parents - self - children, with actual gravestones of all of the elders involved, especially the stones that are bought for plots not filled yet, in the montage.

#32 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:23 AM

Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

Just another body on the stack now.

http://youtu.be/Ft3oPgsCFbA

Thanks for helping to deliver us into the future, Steve. (Brad Paisley isnt dead yet. Hes only on his way at this time.)

http://youtu.be/iwKht1_SyXU

Edited by brokenportal, 01 August 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#33 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

Dwight Arrington Myers, otherwise known as

Heavy D.

born May 24, 1967

obliterated for eternity on November 8, 2011

#35 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

There were Civil War vets around during WW2. That perspective really helps to spring the Civil War from the removed dust bins of a time that seems far removed and bring it to life.

At the death of Albert Woolson, the last remaining Union soldier, Dwight Eisenhower said, "The American people have lost the last personal link with the Union Army ... His passing brings sorrow to the hearts of all of us who cherished the memory of the brave men on both sides of the War Between the States."

Woolson is verified to have lived from February 11, 1850 – August 2, 1956

Attached File  Albert H. Woolson Duluth Minn last Union soldier to die feb 11 1850 to aug 2 1956.jpg   12.25KB   7 downloads

He was later a part of the Grand Army of the Republic, a fraternal organization that was one of the first political advocacy groups in the United States. One of the things that they did is petition for blacks voting rights when there were few official groups that did so pre NAACP..

Attached File  Reunion of Grand Army of the Republic.jpg   70.7KB   15 downloads

Attached File  Vets Parade s70.jpg   62.35KB   11 downloads

I like things that help me lift the imaginary border of time and allow me to just see souls. I don't see a difference in time here between us and them, I see us all on equal ground, I see souls that were lost. We, these people, and the world didn't deserve for them to die. The spirit of life they brought to the world that we can get a glimpse of in these photos isn't the disposable commodity that nature currently makes them out to be. Its like nature just thinks we are another set of mobile plants. It doesn't know how far we have evolved. Nature doesn't know that we have evolved to blacksmiths of our surroundings and that we are ready to start taking on the universe. Only we can continue the Transcension, and pictures and thoughts of people like these remind me of the fierce urgency of getting a move on.

#36 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

I guess I have a different perspective. I am as afraid to die as anyone, and I think the body goes though something awful there. I also believe that in a time before recorded history, there was no death. It is a tragedy that isn't supposed to be. But I also believe in reincarnation and heaven. Our spirits go on.

Processing our strong feelings about death can be beneficial, because it is true that it wasn't the original plan.

#37 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

I know what you mean. I have thought that before too. What I find though, and you might agree, is that we can reasonably think that reincarnation and afterlives are something that could be, but we can not believe any particular thing like that fully until we know for sure. The nature of reality could be just about anything. We may assign very high probabilities to some things at this time, and very low to others, but as anybody who watches even short half hour murder mysteries knows, the mind can be very convinced, and then be changed just like that. That is just with half hour murder mysteries with a confined plot and the like. The universe is the most complex plot imaginable. Its like, infinite plots, all wrapped up in knots, and it might just be infinite. There is absolutely no way we can guess the end to this mystery ahead of time.

On another note, I'm here to add Christopher Hitchens to this commemorative wall of obliteration, to this wall of reminders. Let the anger take a hold of you. Don't try to forget about it and avoid the stress. Actively work to be angry about death, to think about the atrocities that it causes, and channel that energy into work the work to combat it, to change it.

Attached File  Hitchens dies, this is why we fight for indefinite life extension.jpg   35.13KB   1 downloads

http://youtu.be/_R-SjC3lTWk

http://youtu.be/sTnJ3L3g0n0

Edited by brokenportal, 16 December 2011 - 09:47 PM.

• like x 1

#38 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

#39 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Attached File  Walt Whitman indefinite life extension longecity.jpg   14.76KB   5 downloads

#40 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

before:

Posted Image

and after:

Posted Image

#41 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Reasons we dedicate ourselves to this cause:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Qkmwhre9k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIiURH9yqIk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzNST9e2ksk&feature=related

I think its tragically funny that some people treat this cause so nonchalantly, as if the time you have right now is so concrete and real, and the time youll spend in oblivion is anything less than devastating for eternity.

Really is a shame that you couldn't get permission to use clips like this and have some sort of huge projection display so that people are forced to look at death and how horrible it truly is. Those clips were horrible but grim reality of what death actually is.

#42 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

It is easy for people that are part of a world progressing cause to love themselves. Teach them about indefinite life extension and let them lead the way. If you’re not helping yet, you’re not just going to continue to allow these great souls meander listlessly to the cliffs of death are you?

Posted Image

Edited by brokenportal, 12 February 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#43 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Whilst I never liked the music of Whitney Houston myself, I know that she touched a lot of lives with her songs. The thing I find saddest of all is that she was just 48. Even in today's world without life extension, that's rather young.
  • like x 1

#44 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)
Attached File  Andrew Breitbart dead, longecity 2012 indefinite life extension.jpg   27.91KB   1 downloads

Come on now, thats just not right, 43? This scenario is here waiting for any one of us. It's just despicable, being at the utter mercy of death. I mean, happenstance created us, and I guess its just that, obviously, inanimate processes just dont know any better. We have been graced with life, an incredible thing, but its broken. The gift is flawed. Its like a jack in the box, constructed to be a nice pretty box, and have a bad surprise inside, whether purposefully or not. We need to extract the jack, and just keep the box. Its an outstanding, exemplary chance we get here to do that. If there ever was an opportunity, the chance to stop human beings from dying was it. Lets continue on with this, lets do this for Breitbart, and Andy Rooney, and Elizabeth Taylor, and so, so many others, everybody, in the cemeteries around the world, dying in the nursing homes and hospices right now, in this list and everywhere.

Edited by brokenportal, 02 March 2012 - 05:45 AM.

• like x 1

#45 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

Davy Jones from The Monkees died yesterday. He was only 66.

#46 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

I liked the Monkees. Thanks for adding to this list.

I was listening to a lady talk about her husband who recently died and she said that it just didnt seem right. It doesnt seem right... Well she's right, it isnt right, and why isnt it right? because life is more valuable than the reality that it is in of succumbing to death randomly and inevitably every time. but what is it that's not right about that? Well, as we know, there is something that can be done about it. For those that dont yet understand or know about things that can be done about it, it seems that would be the reaction, "It just doesn't seem right."

I think that is another good indicator that we are on the right track in growing avenues to informing people, that we need to inform the whole world. That the way through the next obstacles is to inform the whole world. We dont have to convince them, we dont have to fight them, or do it despite them, we just have to inform them it seems, so that more of them can know why its not right. So they dont have to remain in the dark and ponder to themselves that it doesnt "seem" right, all the while trying to rationalize and make sense of it.
  • like x 1

#47 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

I liked the Monkees. Thanks for adding to this list.

I was listening to a lady talk about her husband who recently died and she said that it just didnt seem right. It doesnt seem right... Well she's right, it isnt right, and why isnt it right? because life is more valuable than the reality that it is in of succumbing to death randomly and inevitably every time. but what is it that's not right about that? Well, as we know, there is something that can be done about it. For those that dont yet understand or know about things that can be done about it, it seems that would be the reaction, "It just doesn't seem right."

I think that is another good indicator that we are on the right track in growing avenues to informing people, that we need to inform the whole world. That the way through the next obstacles is to inform the whole world. We dont have to convince them, we dont have to fight them, or do it despite them, we just have to inform them it seems, so that more of them can know why its not right. So they dont have to remain in the dark and ponder to themselves that it doesnt "seem" right, all the while trying to rationalize and make sense of it.

That post has made me feel better that someone other than us on this board have sat there and thought "it just doesn't seem right."

As for informing the whole world, I sure hope that although they are only stock letters, at least one person reads my outreach letters and also looks upon aging as "just not right."
  • like x 1

#48 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

MCA dead of cancer at 47.

Cancer, it doesnt have a gun, it doesnt strangle, it doesnt stab people, it murders people even more slowly and painfully than those things. Yet the world isnt up in arms about it like they are with other murderers, yet. Once we inform a mainstream number of the world, or robust mouse rejuvination or something like it hits, then much of the rest of the world will be too. We have to keep honing in on better and faster ways to spread this message. There is no sleep until indefinite life extension.

Robin Gibb

Maurice Sendak, Author of Where the Wild Things Are

Mike Wallace

Earl Scruggs

Its death, and its horrible. We are being snipered by the gream reaper, and we need to pay attention.
  • like x 1

#49 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Posted Image
When a person of such character dies, you cant ever get them back. A red dwarf star or a planet of a certain density, the universe has a ton of those, but youre not ever going to see another Andy Griffith. Imagine that somebody buys up the land that the great pyramids stand on and the news is reporting their work in progress as they prepare to demolish them to develop some other buildings. You know that outrage you feel at the thought of it? Thats a fraction of the kind of outrage we need for death. We are indifferent to it for the most part, we have gotten used to it, the ones least likely to go into hysteria over death survived longer and were selected for over time it seems, to spare future generations that kind of horror. That might have worked for a time, but now its time we get unused to it again. And now that we have tools to combat the grim reaper, instead of hysteria, we can channel that rage into the action needed to cross this divide from here to the defeat of death.

Posted Image

I have his 7 habits of highly effective people on cassette and have listened to that one many times.

Posted Image

Ive known Brian for about 9 years. He used to live over here, we grilled many times, went hiking, chased women, and for some reason we played a ton of frisbee, I would estimate at least 100 hours if not many more. It was an amazing work out. We used to stand on either side of the road back in the city blocks among the houses and walk downtown for whatever reason and shoot it back and forth as we walked. He moved away and Ive seen him maybe a few times per year since then. I saw him at the ATM the day I was leaving for the badlands last year. Then he stopped by a few weeks ago. He called the next day and I didnt return his message. But I called on the fourth of July before the fireworks started to try to meet up. He didnt answer. He had died on the 3rd. He died of heat stroke in his house at the age of 42. Thats your life, thats you, thats your sad end, death, no more. Its going to happen to you too, yet you dont have a sense of urgency. Isnt staying alive something with some urgency in it? It was urgent that Brian stay alive, thats one great life we couldnt afford to lose and one that we will never get back.

Edited by brokenportal, 17 July 2012 - 05:37 PM.

• like x 1

#50 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

The great space pioneer Sally Ride has gone down.

Posted Image

https://www.sallyridescience.com/

This song must have reminded many of us of her didn't it? It always did for me.
  • like x 1

#51 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

To whosoever looks upon this thread, please also look upon the sheer waste of life before you. Voices that will never again speak and minds that will never again think.

If you can read any of this and not get angry then you are on the wrong forum. How many of your own flesh and blood are teetering on the brink of oblivion for no discernable reason other than an invisible clock? Would you not do anything in your power to save your own family? Even if you hate your family for whatever reason, think about friends you love dearly. Would you not like to keep them safe? Whilst you bury your head in the sand, death is making up a nasty suprise behind your back.

If you do feel angry then please channel your fury into helping to bring aging down once and for all. If we all work together, we can do it sooner rather than later.

#52 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

I confess that I'd never heard of her and I'm not really a reader but Maeve Binchy has died at a measley 72. A known author who has just been snuffed out by that wretched clock! :(

http://www.telegraph...es-aged-72.html
  • like x 1

#53 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Another well-known writer I've never heard of who was also a politician and commmentator. American author Gore Vidal has died at only 86. Another short life deleted for no reason :(

http://www.guardian....l?newsfeed=true
  • like x 1

#54 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Actor Clive Dunn of Dad's Army fame died yesterday aged 92: http://www.dailymail...paint-nude.html

#55 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Patrick Moore passed away at his home yesterday at 89. Another sad loss of wisdom from our world.

#56 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Gerry Anderson, creator of Thunderbirds dies of Alzheimers at 83:

http://www.guardian....y-anderson-dies

#57 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

British Film Maker Michael Winner died today aged just 77:

http://www.telegraph...es-aged-77.html

#58 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Last surviving member of the Andrews Sisters dies at just 94. Imagine what someone of this age could have told us and taught us before being stopped by the cruel clock that nature put in place: http://www.telegraph...es-aged-94.html

Edited by Droplet, 31 January 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#59 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

Kriss Kross rapper Chris Kelly dead at just 34. Not a huge fan of rap but the "Jump" song was part of my childhood and very catchy. Only 34 and now gone...I am shocked at how young he was.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-22378111

#60 ksbalaji

• 45 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

The topic is impressive. I post to keep the topic alive for now.

As required by the topic starter, I submit a ready obituary report of the person which report keeps me thinking, working, challenging and dedicating myself to the cause and the community:

Name:
k s balaji (me)
Born: 22.12.1958 CE AD at Chennai, India.
Noted credentials: A life appreciator. Not willing to die against a 100% chance of death as it only occurs in future eternity.
Death: Effectively postponed trusted eternally, for now, thanks to all.
Known reliable source: The future clothed as the past on the occurrence.
  • Good Point x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users