Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam & Depression.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 therealslimshady

• 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

I recently started taking 1.5g Piracetam + 250mg Alpha-GPC dose in the morning and evening. It worked fine (improved my focus & concentration) for a week or so, and now I'm feeling depressed for the 2 few weeks. Been doing this for over a month. Any suggestions?

#2 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

I recently started taking 1.5g Piracetam + 250mg Alpha-GPC dose in the morning and evening. It worked fine (improved my focus & concentration) for a week or so, and now I'm feeling depressed for the 2 few weeks. Been doing this for over a month. Any suggestions?

I thought I read that choline/acetylcholine can depress some people...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

I avoid choline for this reason.

#4 brain

• 148 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

you could add deprenyl, 5-htp and maybe lower doses of DLPA for a superior stack and possibly less depression.

#5 bran319

• 175 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Excessive parasympathetic activity can cause depression like symptoms. Try backing off your dose and if that doesn't work take a short break and reintroduce at a lower dose.

#6 acantelopepope

• 221 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

Yeah, stop taking them.

#7 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

you could add deprenyl, 5-htp and maybe lower doses of DLPA for a superior stack and possibly less depression.

where does one acquire deprenyl?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 matthias7

• 117 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:16 PM

This may not be good advice. If you are going to use it DO NOT exceed 5mg per day under any circumstances. If you could please excuse me from giving a complicated answer - its complicated.

The things to watch for:
1. This stuff will build up in your system.
2. It may not make any difference at low dosage (5mg and below).
3. If you start getting severe headaches stop taking it at once. Also see dosage above.
4. It is dangerous at high dosage
5. Be very careful about any other medication you are using there are profound contraindications.

Okay the real danger is high dose but you might find a low dose contraindication with another drug and you may have be a "responder".

Just to repeat this: that it may not be effective at low dosage for this particularly purpose, however it could be and it would probably give some relief. It positively dangerous at high dose, although it would certainly make a difference but its not worth the risk.

The final thing to keep in mind is that you'd need to run it for at least 2 weeks for benefit. Personal advice - be careful with any MAO inhibitor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users