Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Cell devision with 2 or more daughter cells

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 M8 Faith

• 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Is is possible to implement cell division to higher daughter cells and where or how would this be beneficial?

Cell devision is very traumatic acording to wikiP.
Would there be a need for supplementing or a likely adaption in pathways occur along with it?
  • like x 1

#2 M8 Faith

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

Is is possible to implement cell division to higher daughter cells number and where or how would this be beneficial?

Cell devision is very traumatic acording to wikiP.
Would there be a need for supplementing or a likely adaption in pathways occur along with it?

Had some time to think... this is what I came up with

If say in Haemapoiesis you could have the mother cell devide in to 4 daughter cells or 3+1 daughter/mother cells.
This would be a huge increase but likely to cause the blood to sludge as seen in usage of EPO.

Would this be possible with muscle (myo) cells to?

Then the mother cell needs to duplicate the nucleus for the daughter cells to properly function (otherwise benevolent tumor/cancer)
And as I understand mitosis is a traumatic process (shunting my enthousiasm).
With the formation in red blood cells in the example of Haemapoiesis no nucleus is copied to the daughter cells and the mother cells dumps her nucleus in order to carry more oxygen.

This would then be possible? Or simply both?
  • like x 1

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:08 AM

This actually happened to me -- I saw a metastatic ovarian cancer cell divide in three, with my own eyes. Here's the video (just the top one) http://livly.org/Work.html If anyone can explain to me how on earth this is possible, I would be most thankful !
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 M8 Faith

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

I remember faguely but octopusses have the trait wherein they have 4 daughter cells in cell division.

Also yesterday I wind up reading about telomerase on wikiP.
There is a limit that control how often a healthy cell can devide.
Rich people, well nurished people have a higher rate compared to the poor people.

A form of proliferation that is very usefull if you simply had little to no change of getting cancer.
Sadly cancer cells dont have the limitation (and sometimes has there own secretion for vascularity) and can devide beyond that point.

In cell division a little info on the dna strand is lost and with telomerasis is get atached again readying it for cell division again.
If telomerasis doesnt atach itself the cell grows old untill unstable.
  • like x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users