• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Superheroes versus Jesus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 01:18 AM

Since Christians are now starting to interpret Jesus as a mass-murdering warrior with super-"Scanner" powers that can blow up human bodies at great distances, maybe it's time to come up with a movie where the world's superheroes have to join forces to figure out how to defeat him.

For example, if Rogue from the X-Men can get close enough to touch Jesus, she could weaken him considerably, especially if she's menstruating at the time (Mark 5):

25A large crowd followed and pressed around him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." 29Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
30At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"

I find it interesting that Jesus noticed the loss of "power," whatever that means. Maybe he can carry only a finite supply with him. And why didn't he know who touched him? I thought deities are supposed to be omniscient.

After Rogue makes Jesus vulnerable, Magneto could finish him off with a box of nails.

#2 baal_zebul

• 72 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 06:47 AM

well i still believe that it is because God is getting on his nerves and that the holy ghost isn't leaving him alone for a second. If i had to live with God himself then i would also be a mass murderer.
This might be a new job. Social issues in heaven opens up a lot of jobs for shrinks. Celestial Shrinks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users