Photo
- - - - -

LOW dose phenylethylamine

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jcc80

• 39 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hey guys, I have pretty much committed to never buying a large quantity of PEA powder ever again, due to the extreme euphoria of large doses+selegiline+lack of self control. I cannot go down that route.

However, I continue to be intrigued by the PROPER use of PEA. My goal is slight mood lifting, motivation, and being a bit more talkative, which is vital to my business. I'll be very clear; my goal is NOT to get a high off it. So, I was contemplating ordering very tiny amounts, something like 5-10 grams at a time, and limit my doses to maybe 100mg at a time. I have been consuming large amounts of cocoa powder, but it's almost impossible to know how much PEA is truly in it; I don't think there's much.

I do remember bgwithadd's initial results, and that is what I am definitely after. I realize he had issues after a while, but I do know that for me, the threshold dose leading towards euphoria/high blood pressure/fear of death was about 750mg. I wish to go with 50-100mg. Anybody here regularly take small, controlled doses of PEA+selegiline? How's it working for ya?

#2 Zoroaster

• 349 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:55 AM

I don't understand how you would get euphoria at 750mg as long as you are not also taking an MAO inhibitor. I take 750mg all the time with no euphoria. Just a clean, calm focus. So just drop the selegiline right?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jcc80

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:11 AM

I don't understand how you would get euphoria at 750mg as long as you are not also taking an MAO inhibitor. I take 750mg all the time with no euphoria. Just a clean, calm focus. So just drop the selegiline right?

Without the selegiline, doses of over a gram have no effect on me whatsoever.

#4 Zoroaster

• 349 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:44 AM

I think you are going to have a really hard time managing your PEA dosages while taking selegiline. Because the presence of the MAO-inhibitor just magnifies any slight variations you may have in your PEA dosages, you'll have to be pretty precise. Plus if you are taking any other supplements that modify your PEA OR your selegiline metabolism even slightly it will give you an uneven and possible excessive result. If you really want to take PEA plus an MAO inhibitor then another option would be to use a milder MAO inhibitor like Rhodiola.

But really, there are other supplements out there that can help give you a mood boost, make you more social, and give you more motivation, that aren't broken down by MAO. And in fact there are several that probably work better than PEA. I'd look into those first. And then if you go off selegiline, think about PEA again. Just my .02

#5 jcc80

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:15 PM

<br />But really, there are other supplements out there that can help give you a mood boost, make you more social, and give you more motivation, that aren't broken down by MAO. And in fact there are several that probably work better than PEA. I'd look into those first. And then if you go off selegiline, think about PEA again. Just my .02<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Well, I've tried many, many supplements over the years. What are your suggestions? If I see something I haven't tried, I'll consider it.

#6 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

well, i will say that selegiline+PEA would probably be the most effective combo readily available on the market for a CAE effect.

thing is, nobody here is really going to be able to give you an answer to this question. when taking an MAOI (namely selegiline), it would be nearly impossible to figure out an "exact dose" for you, because we can't measure how inhibited your MAO levels are!

i suppose the best option, if you're trying for much smaller dosages, would be to encapsulate the PEA yourself using some kind of filler.

#7 matthias7

• 117 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

tyrosine filler

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:13 AM

Yeah...baby....give it some Tyrosine :)

tyrosine filler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users