Photo

Imminst video commercial

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 okok

• 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:54 AM

Hi,

i tried to hit the nail on this spot. Feel free to use it wherever appropiate or not, show it to your aunt & her dog.

(Btw, you could ask your grandma to redo the voice-over, just send me the recording).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V64T3JI9.

Edited by brokenportal, 11 November 2009 - 10:40 PM.
added embedment of the video now on youtube

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:20 PM

This link to it isnt working for me now for some reason. I can hear the audio, but I dont see the video.

Do you mind if I edit the title of your topic to make it stick out more?

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:50 PM

It sounds good. But I had the same trouble as BP, Windows Media player would not show the video.

#4 okok

• Topic Starter
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:13 PM

Sorry, this is probably a codec issue, you could try installing divx.

I re-encoded it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WWZBNMYC.

If this still doesn't work, here's a .wmv: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PKN9XMUF.

Sure BP, feel free to change the title.

Edited by okok, 11 November 2009 - 08:19 PM.

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Okok, Ive asked jdkasinsky to put this in youtube.com/immortalityorg - when its in there can you then embed it here?

#6 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

the trailer is nice
what program did you use, okok?

#7 okok

• Topic Starter
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

the trailer is nice

Thank you. I used After Effects.

#8 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

JDK added it here:

#9 okok

• Topic Starter
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:48 PM

Wow, great. Thanks folks, glad you like it!

#10 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:01 PM

Nice work okok. Thanks for the cool trailer. One thing I would like to mention (well I have to mention) is that Imminst should approve all uses of its logo before works of art are created. We don't have any official restrictions on the logo or any licensing arrangements in place at this time, so I can't blame anyone for using it as if it was an "open source" license, but it is not open source. Just need to make sure everyone is aware of this and please ask before using the logo on promotional material.

That being said, your trailer is cool, and not a misuse of the logo IMO - so bravo.

#11 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

the trailer is nice

Thank you. I used After Effects.

is it freeware?

#12 okok

• Topic Starter
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

Thanks Mind, i should have asked.JML, you can get a 30 day trial over at adobe. videcopilot.com has some nice tutorials.

#13 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

Wow really great. I don't really like the reflections on the logo at the end though. It's look a bit too 3dsmax 101 if you catch my drift. Needs to be smoother, the reflection needs to be brighter. Maybe a nice lens flare, they're always good value.

#14 onemanwaking

• 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hey everyone,

Good job on the ad! I like the concept - simple, classy and professional. All important factors in going mainstream.

However, I think with some tweaking this could be even better. Consider this as an adjustment:

1. We hear music - slow, soft, mysterious and concerning in a minor scale. We fade in to see the clock hands are turning as the voiceover (older woman) asks "What time is it?" (not sure about the amount of reverb that's on the voice now...)

2. Then we zoom slowly in to see the hands slow to a halt as the soft music slows in unison and becomes silence.

3. In this moment of silence all we hear is the answer "Time to stop aging" in a positive, confident, younger female voice. No reverb - up front and in your face.

4. Now the more positive, emotionally charged music swells as the hands begin to turn backwards.

5. As the reversing hands accelerate, the close up now zooms out also with accelerating speed, vanishing in a pinpoint to be replaced by the fade-in ImmInst logo and call to action.

The current ad works because of the simple question and answer format. I think by incorporating a visual of us 'turning back the hands of time' it reinforces the idea that this can and will be done with enough support. In contrast, by leaving the hands always spinning forward, it suggests this is always the way it will be, regardless of what we do. We need to show that we can affect change.

Anyway, hope you don't mind me throwing in my two cents!

Ben

P.S. If you need background music, let me know, as I compose and produce instrumental music, and would be happy to contribute to the cause!

#15 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:35 PM

Ben,

Theres a lot of different things we could discuss. Find us in skype when you can too (you and any of you interested). I sent you a message there. We have a need for things like some originally composed music too.

There are some lyrics that support the cause that are in need of some tunes here, here and here if your interested in that.

Then also, if you go through the Art Team sub forum youll see topics that begin with "Suggestion:". There are a couple of good video suggestions toward the top you could consider if you want to, and or please do add suggestions if you want to.

#16 onemanwaking

• 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:41 AM

Ben,

Theres a lot of different things we could discuss. Find us in skype when you can too (you and any of you interested). I sent you a message there. We have a need for things like some originally composed music too.

There are some lyrics that support the cause that are in need of some tunes here, here and here if your interested in that.

Then also, if you go through the Art Team sub forum youll see topics that begin with "Suggestion:". There are a couple of good video suggestions toward the top you could consider if you want to, and or please do add suggestions if you want to.

Thanks, BP,

I'll see about getting in touch with you guys through Skype. It's been a while since I've used my account there, so once I dust it off I'll start digging into the discussion.

#17 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:13 AM

Holy cow! That's an AWESOME commercial!

With the approval of the directors I'd love to put that somewhere on the front page!

#18 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:40 AM

Very nice. If I could change one thing it would be to have the camera fly through the logo at the end and into the sunset/clouds.

#19 Mind

• 19,058 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

I see Reason posted some of the recent MFoundation PSAs in his blog. Check it out. I think they are pretty good. Interesting that they used the clock motif as well.

#20 .fonclea.

• Guest, F@H
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:40 PM

I like it too :-) très esthétique et simple !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users