• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Piracetam efficacy after 3+ months.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Is piracetam still effective after 3 months? (127 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you enjoy the benefits of piracetam after 3 months of continued use?

1. Substantial Positive Effects (18 votes [14.17%])

Percentage of vote: 14.17%

2. Moderate Positive Effects (32 votes [25.20%])

Percentage of vote: 25.20%

3. Mild Positive Effects (35 votes [27.56%])

Percentage of vote: 27.56%

4. No notable effects. (33 votes [25.98%])

Percentage of vote: 25.98%

5. Durr, it makes me dumber. (9 votes [7.09%])

Percentage of vote: 7.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

Anyone in the 1 year + range, please chime in

#32 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

Still works for me after 3-4 plus years. I've taken 2-6 week breaks due to running out of product. My dose has gone up, and its effects arn't as pronounced now as they were in the beginning but it still works. I find it works the best when i'm in good shape and my life is going good. It seems to add to that quite a bit making me semi euphoric.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 absent minded

• 99 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Still works for me after 3-4 plus years. I've taken 2-6 week breaks due to running out of product. My dose has gone up, and its effects arn't as pronounced now as they were in the beginning but it still works. I find it works the best when i'm in good shape and my life is going good. It seems to add to that quite a bit making me semi euphoric.

Have you ever tried a low-dose period, maybe stash a small % for those 2-6 week stints? Any findings?

#34 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

Yeah low doses still work. Its alot more subtle but i'm definitely sharper taking low doses than not taking any at all. I actually feel somewhat addicted because I function much better on Piracetam than without it. My last trial of piracetam I was running low and stuck to low doses for a few weeks to try to conserve and it was still noticable.

#35 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

Also I noticed when my life is not going so well and i'm slightly depressed piracetam isn't a magic supplement that completely changes me and gets me going. Its more of an addition to my life. I've tried to rely on Piracetam to get me out of funks before and it didn't seem to do much, although it always does help keep me a little more focused

#36 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

A lot of guys give up Piracetam and back to Coffee .

#37 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Better than Coffee sometime ,effect hard to predict ,but great for continue using it .
Motivation is lacked while on Piracetam ,but when give Caffeine addition give me nice cognition boost with great motivation (sometime :( )

For depression ,alcohol help a lot ,also anything help raise SAME also help ,some co-factor might depleted and we can get depression if forget about overexciting .
  • like x 1

#38 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

It's been a miracle for me. High dose going on six months. Extremely helpful for social anxiety, depression, and recovering from periods of self-medicating with alcohol for the above. Feel like it's given me my brain back.

#39 optic

• 22 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

How many of you are cycling Piracetam and how often?

#40 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

How to stop tingling from Piracetam use ?

Magnesium seem temporary fix .

My memory and concentration never like before start Piracetam .

I try avoid Piracetam as possible but sometime it help me ,but tingling not go anywhere .

#41 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Ark, I have used it on and off for a little over a year, but mostly full-time (at ~800mg/day). There has maybe been 2-3 months of total break time, and 14 months on. Breaks were normally in large chunks, one for a month, and then a few for like a few weeks at a time.

The initial feeling of some kind of propelling pressure only stays for like a month, the intense need to write, the insane need to do things, but different from stimulant motivation, you don't have any increased control over yourself, just stronger emotional pressure. That feeling goes away. The times I have stopped and restarted it after a break for over 2 weeks, when I go back on it, I end up writing huge, massive essays-like posts on places on the internet, lol.

For example, when I restarted after a break last summer, I wrote over 14 pages (not double spaced) to a friend on youtube and wrote many ~4-5 page letters to people just to solve the unbearable need to write. I was writing huge posts on imageboards too, lol. I am glad that doesn't stay.

The memory and milder mood effects stay forever(as long as you still take it), it seems. So does a milder version of the initial pressure feeling that is a lot more manageable and kinda helps with writing and mood. Piracetam is a strong anti-depressant in my experience, and you don't realize it until you go off of it. The mood effect becomes normal, but every single time I have stopped taking it, I have become depressed (like dysthymia or something) in a week, and it has been fixed by going back on it.

I think piracetam is viable as a long term aid for memory and against depression. I wish everyone knew about it, and not just as a "cognition enhancer", but because it really is a fantastic drug that improves life a lot. I think it should be the first line treatment in depressive disorders (especially dysthymia) due to its almost complete lack of side-effects and the fact that it seems to make emotions even stronger (even negative ones sometimes, but takes away the depressed feeling).

#42 Debaser

• 108 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

I think the changes that piracetam brings about are somewhat permanent and you adjust to the new baseline. Furthermore, I think non-responders could simply already have a brain that functions well enough that piracetam doesn't make much of an improvement. Those with the most benefit are the cognitively imparied (brain injuries, alcoholism, dementia). In healthy people you might notice an improvement for a few months but then not much. Maybe after breaks your baseline might go lower again. But I certainly don't notice any obvious effects after taking it for months, even after breaks. The most long-term effect is the anxiolytic or anti-depressant effects, but I don't feel the rush of thoughts or expanded vocabulary, changes in vision/sound/smell perception etc. I guess those are the kinds of things that you get used to.

The thread about the eye response is interesting, because my pupils expand/shrink a lot when I do it, so if adrenal fatigue plays a role I'd be very interested to know what supplements can help with that. It would also explain why caffeine is so synergistic with piracetam.

Edited by Debaser, 03 November 2013 - 07:01 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#43 Tesla

• 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

I've taken 9000mg Piracetam daily for over a year with mildly noticeable cognitive differences. I say differences because I wouldn't acutely call them benefits--it is a give and take. My primary reason for taking such a chemical in such high doses was to help treat  Raynaud's phenomenon in my fingers and toes (study: http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/8328997).

Although, I did quite enjoy the perceived increase in the speed of learning and apparent increase in long-term memory retention. I do not have concrete evidence to back up these claims. Unfortunately, it did slightly hinder my short-term, working, memory. Incidences of Raynaud's attacks were vastly reduced during this time. Cognitive effects were far and few between.

Please note, I did not combine Piracetam with DMAE, Choline Bitartrate, Alpha GPC, or any other substance that helps to form Acetylcholine. I am very sensitive to these chemicals, and they tend to cause major brain fog and muscle tightness.

I no longer take Piracetam due to a recent kidney stone (unrelated) and want to allow my kidney to fully heal.

Edit: Corrected incorrect use of the 'Reference' feature

Edited by Tesla, 08 August 2016 - 12:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users