Photo
- - - - -

dopamine increase

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 polybi

• 51 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

are there any nootropics that increase dopamine iv tried tyrosine and cant feel anything, i know about segline but i was wondering if there were anything else?

#2 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:16 PM

are there any nootropics that increase dopamine iv tried tyrosine and cant feel anything, i know about segline but i was wondering if there were anything else?

Theanine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

Theanine??? That just makes me relaxed and sleepy..... :)

Theanine.

#4 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

You could give mucuna pruriens a try.

Edited by pycnogenol, 18 November 2009 - 04:25 PM.

#5 polybi

• Topic Starter
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

the people at bluelight say the l-dopa is fairly dangerouse and shouldnt be messed with

#6 The Likud Is Behind It

• 112 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

the people at bluelight say the l-dopa is fairly dangerouse and shouldnt be messed with

What's bluelight? Another forum I can start reading?

#7 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

What's bluelight? Another forum I can start reading?

BlueLight is a forum dedicated to discussing substances of a questionable legal nature.

#8 Viscid

• 40 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

Supplementing with L-Dopa (the active constituent of Mucuna Pruriens) will lead to dopamine receptor downregulation, and increased dopamine-induced oxidative stress.

If you're going to use Mucuna Pruriens, it should only be for the very short-term. I've used it at higher doses and benefitted from the increased attention and focus, but you would not benefit from its regular use.

Edited by Viscid, 19 November 2009 - 01:55 AM.

#9 matthias7

• 117 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Theanine??? That just makes me relaxed and sleepy..... :~

Theanine.

Exactly. Thats the whole point. Theanine increases GABA in the brain and this in turn is thought to assist the dopamine response. The strange thing is that theanine is not used by bodybuilders very much and there has to be a reason. Once dopamine release is triggered particularly at night HGh release occurs and thats what bodybuilders are wanting.

#10 matthias7

• 117 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

Needs to be cycled.

Supplementing with L-Dopa (the active constituent of Mucuna Pruriens) will lead to dopamine receptor downregulation, and increased dopamine-induced oxidative stress.

If you're going to use Mucuna Pruriens, it should only be for the very short-term. I've used it at higher doses and benefitted from the increased attention and focus, but you would not benefit from its regular use.

#11 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

What about Cats claw? I remmber reading somewhere that it has MAO-b qualities? Does anyone have any first hand experience of this herb and can maybe vouch for these reported effects?
Just from my own experience the only supplement that has worked wonders for my concentration, focus and atention is piracetam. Maybe its an idea not to be to obsessed with this idea of increasing dopamine. Dopamine may not neccesarily be your problem. I too thought I suffered from problems relating to my dopamine (or lack of) until I started taking piracetam which as I said gives me everything I would ever want with regards to these qualities. I am keen to try aniracetam too at some point (targets d2 and d3 receptors as well as 5ht2 receptors - so has interesting effects on one's mood). There are some formites who claim this supplement does wonders for their well being but it can be hard to find that 'sweet spot' (i.e, finding the right balance in conjunction with sufficient choline supplementation).

#12 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

What about Cats claw? I remmber reading somewhere that it has MAO-b qualities? Does anyone have any first hand experience of this herb and can maybe vouch for these reported effects?
Just from my own experience the only supplement that has worked wonders for my concentration, focus and atention is piracetam. Maybe its an idea not to be to obsessed with this idea of increasing dopamine. Dopamine may not neccesarily be your problem. I too thought I suffered from problems relating to my dopamine (or lack of) until I started taking piracetam which as I said gives me everything I would ever want with regards to these qualities. I am keen to try aniracetam too at some point (targets d2 and d3 receptors as well as 5ht2 receptors - so has interesting effects on one's mood). There are some formites who claim this supplement does wonders for their well being but it can be hard to find that 'sweet spot' (i.e, finding the right balance in conjunction with sufficient choline supplementation).

#13 alexd

• 106 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

I had the same no results with l tyrosine. It turned out that it should be taken on an empty stomach or else it is digested in manner that causes it not to work. Now I find it effective.

#14 The Likud Is Behind It

• 112 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:52 AM

I had the same no results with l tyrosine. It turned out that it should be taken on an empty stomach or else it is digested in manner that causes it not to work. Now I find it effective.

Interesting. Can you link me an article with a more complete explanation? I mix my tyrosine with 20g of whey protein. Would this render it ineffective?

#15 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

Interesting. Can you link me an article with a more complete explanation? I mix my tyrosine with 20g of whey protein. Would this render it ineffective?

Read Colgan's "Optimum Sports Nutrition" for an explanation of how to use Amino acids to manipulate neurotransmitters.

#16 alexd

• 106 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:02 AM

Sorry about the article reference it has been a while. A safe eperiment would be to simply try the tyrosine with out eating then give it lets say a half hour until eating again. Then compare to the whey. I will see if I can find something on it again.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 bran319

• 175 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

SAM-e!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users