Photo

Graphic for front page,

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:12 AM

Here are a few different version of the theme I was thinking about (to promote the Chase Charity and other Facebook 10,000 effort). Let me know which one looks the best, and/or would look the best on the front page. Feel free to suggest a wording change or make some enhancements if needed. I still haven't decided which one I like the best.

Attached Files

#2 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

I like the red one.
Posted Image
Red is one of the Christmas colors ;-)

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

If I had to pick one of these I think the red one stands out and the wording works. I would try this wording, "Tis the season for giving the the Longevity Movement."

#4 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:27 PM

Any other opinions before this afternoon (2400 GMT)? Need to get this out soon, since we only have 10 days.

#5 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

I like the red one.
Posted Image
Red is one of the Christmas colors ;-)

Second.

#6 Florin

• 849 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:16 PM

I prefer the standard Chase Community Giving's standard logo. If that logo can't be used, I prefer the red logo but with the following wording: "Tis the season to vote for human longevity."

Attached Files

Edited by Florin Clapa, 01 December 2009 - 06:16 PM.

#7 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

I was thinking of combining the Chase contest along with the 10,000 facebook effort to kill 2 birds with one stone. Same with a mass email. I don't want to overwhelm Imminst members with mass emails. They lose their effect if used too often. I think I could incorporate some of the chase logo into the graphic, but the blue theme of Chase might go better with the blue ribbon pic.

#8 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

Hmmm, also there could be some restrictions on using the Chase logo.

#9 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:34 PM

maybe two bullet points in the red banner with like,

-chase charity
-sens 10,000

or something like that? and then on top of that can we run that official chase banner in our sponsors sections?

#10 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

maybe two bullet points in the red banner with like,

-chase charity
-sens 10,000

or something like that? and then on top of that can we run that official chase banner in our sponsors sections?

There is also the aspect of leaving "something to the imagination" so people click on the banner (and artistic simplicity). That is why I would lean against putting too much info on the banner. Here are a couple newer versions. I agree that the red bow with the white ribbon is the best. "'Tis the Season to Vote..." works as well. Voting with your voice and/or with your wallet are similar. If there are any strong objections to the graphic or if someone comes up with something cool later this week, we can always change it.

Attached Files

#11 JediMasterLucia

• 708 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

I'll still prefer the red one. And I agree with Mind. I like the simplicity of the banners :-D

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 01 December 2009 - 06:48 PM.

#12 Florin

• 849 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

I was thinking of combining the Chase contest along with the 10,000 facebook effort to kill 2 birds with one stone. Same with a mass email. I don't want to overwhelm Imminst members with mass emails. They lose their effect if used too often. I think I could incorporate some of the chase logo into the graphic, but the blue theme of Chase might go better with the blue ribbon pic.

The problem with the 10k Facebook cause is that its unlikely to get 10k members by the end of this year and a combined promotion might be confusing. Imminst could still promo the 10k Facebook cause after the 11th. That would be just two mass emails. Even if the the 10k cause isn't successful this year, I doubt Peter Thiel will withdraw the matching fund even though it "officially" expires at the end of this year.

Edited by Florin Clapa, 01 December 2009 - 07:39 PM.

#13 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

I would like to think that people could keep the two items separate but I cannot guarantee it. We wouldn't want to lose out by a couple dozen votes because some people signed up for the 10,000 instead of voting in the Chase contest. Imminst has pledged support for the 10,000 cause. I will have to talk to the organizers of that cause and see if they will tolerate a 10 day delay.

#14 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,036 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:01 AM

Check out the article. Take a look at the graphic in the front page rotation. I think it looks simple, crisp, and bold, in the front page rotation. I think it contains all the necessary information, but could always be improved. Please suggest any improvements. I tried to stay with the reddish theme with some of the highlights.

#15 Florin

• 849 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

Looks good. However, I have a few suggestions that you might want to implement.
  • Provide a link to the Chase Community Giving charity contest thread
  • Reduce the space below the red bars and between the 1-4 steps; in IE8 there's a gap of about 4 lines below the bars and 3 lines below the steps
  • Remove the period after "Immortality Institute" and "Vitae Institute" under "TOP RECOMMENDATIONS"

Edited by Florin Clapa, 02 December 2009 - 12:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users