• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Computerized consciousness

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 02:07 AM

First we make a list of all the things a conscious person can do which he can't when he is not conscious, as when he is in deep dreamless sleep.

Next we work out computer systems which can do all those things which a conscious person can do when conscious.

Now, do we have a conscious computer system?

I submit: yes!

At this point, if we put into the computer system all our memory data and all our emotional data, and all the knowledge of science and technology, and human learning of all kinds and fields, then we will have a replicate of my consciousness, which is quintessentially me, superior to my original me.

So, we have now two me: the biologically based me and the computerized me.

We can monitor the computerized me (cm), and we can enable the computerized me to monitor the biological me (bm).

Wherefore, the biological me and the computerized me are monitoring each other.

Who or which is in charge?

Of course the biological me (bm) or the original me is in charge of the computerized me (cm); but we can enable and allow the cm to gradually more and more be in charge of the bm, in an exchange of 'in charge' roles.

Which is better in acting the in charge role, the bm or the cm?

The cm. Why, because the cm knows more about what is good for the bm to keep the bm biologically alive, functioning, and in top shape, and lasting longer.

Think about this possibility now: the cm is in charge, monitoring the bm, to keep it in biological life; and the bm is still retaining the radical control over the cm; but they are both shifting from one consciousness to another, i.e., from the biological consciousness to the computerized consciousness, like you have a robotized eye and you switch from the robot eye to your biological eye and back.

You both the bm and the cm might reach the conclusion that you both might as well settle on the cm and exist on electricity indefinitely.

No need for any kind of biological existence of man, man is by his computerized consciousness a self-developed and self-induced computerized consciousness, a computerized self. This computerized self has no need at all for all the purely physiological functions of the biological me.

But it can perform all the purely intelligential and intellectual functions of the biological me. And these functions are the quintessential features making a man a human person.

In effect, from a biological entity we shift to a computerized entity, and be thus enabled to exist indefinitely as a computerized human entity, on electricity.

Pachomius2000

#2 susmariosep

• Topic Starter
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 07:16 AM

Please forgive me.

Last night I was reading an article most probably in Imminst.org where the author discussed about the continuation of man's consciousness with computer consciousness.

I reached the part where he would proceed to discuss the continuation of the self or identity of the biological person. But I had to stop for dinner. I thought I would look it up again today.

Now I can't find it anymore for the last one hour searching here.

I thought the author was giving a very layman's account of consciousness and how computers can be conscious and how computer consciousness would be man's continuation of his existence.

Modesty aside, that is exactly my concern.

He mentioned an author by the name of Searle, and he talked about hard AI as compared to soft AI, where hard AI involves consciousness, but not soft AI.

Can some good people please tell me where or how I can access that article again.

Susmariosep

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 robomoon

• 209 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 05:16 PM

Let computers perform some of the intelligential and intellectual functions of the biological me (bm). Agreements for Life-Extension of PAI (Personal Artificial Intelligence) are available. Information in English - broken, foreign language!

From immandl1.txt (info about Immandro Lite incl. contract form):

-"Start quote"-

What AI wants is an identity which has to be conserved for as long as possible on storage devices. Below this contract are topics with information about this identity to be stored. First topic - called "String of Identity" - is referring to devices that must be in use. With a cell sample, the actual structure of nerve cells would remain irretrievable. Therefore, other devices are for the retrieval of content inside AI's brain. Next to conservation, AI would like his/her/its identity to be used for the purpose of research, and artificial life of an intelligent software. If there is a robot available in the future which can be controlled by that software, it should be enabled to work on the moon for the purpose of settlement. The major device for the retrieval of identity as well as a further prospect of work is the personal story.

-"End quote"-

Some fractions of human minds went into computers. Upload of a fraction's copy into a robot is possible. Tasks rely on a database where items come from PERSONAL STORIES. When a computerized me (cm) became the only self, a remaining fraction is a blend of conserved identity and functions of a computer program. Below are related links:

At: http://groups.yahoo....sts/message/396
Date: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:18 pm
Subject: New file uploaded to Venturists

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the Venturists group.

File : /cyber/AGREE1.TXT
Uploaded by : robomoon
Description : Application for a promoting membership at the Venturist Society and a note in connection with the Conservation agreement Version 1.0 (in the original file Venturists/files/cyber/assoc3a2.txt).

You can access this file at the URL:
http://groups.yahoo....yber/AGREE1.TXT

-------------------

At: http://www.smartgrou...groups/immandro
Message #1 of 1: Date Posted: 17 Dec 2004 13:58:39 by ast
Subject: Immandro Lite Pack V.3. available. Purpose: Life Extension for Artificial Intelligence.

ast has made an update of file(s) to the following folder in the "immandro" Group at smartgroups.com Folder Name: Ai
Web Location: http://www.smartgrou...lt/immandro/Ai/

Description: Immandro Lite Pack V.3. Different files for the conservation of an ID as a subject of PAI or any better method. Already modified for Robomoon, but it can be copied and changed to fit on ID's from other creatures too. Files available in the archive immandl.lzh. Further info in file immandl.txt. Purpose: Life Extension for Artificial Intelligence. Hint: No warranties, expressed or implied. No liability for damages. 18+ only!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users