• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Any ideas for terrible mysterious skin condition?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 ascendedcobra

• 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

Yeah I got an idea that may or may not be practical.... Dont do anything at all to it. Meaning quit washing it all the time and dont put anything on it. No acne medicine, no concealer, no moisterizer, no onintments, no powders, nothing. Dont pick at it or even worry about it. It may be that you just have super sensitive skin and it keeps reacting to all the new therapys you keep trying, getting worse and worse. I'll bet if you went to prison and had no products to keep experimenting with and no mirror to keep fooling with it, it would go back to normal. Give your skin a chance to reset itself. It is a vicious cycle. Your skin is producing massive amounts of oil to combat all the products, so you wash it more etc...
If your skin is already a mess then it cant hurt to try this idea.
I got a little skin condition of my own. After getting divorsed I got cystic acne from all the stress. My dermatologist prescribed Retin A so I used it and didnt think to avoid the sun. Now I have permanent red marks on my face. I can cover them up with a scar concealer pretty good but I hate it. I am going to try lazer therapy and if that does the trick then I will try my reset idea myself.
Good luck man I know exactly how you feel.

#62 ascendedcobra

• 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:15 AM

Man I was just reading more of the posts and see that you are considering ending it. May I ask your age, physical health (skin notwithstanding) family ties? I mean surely you must have something to live for, or even something you wish to do before you do meet your end? I know myself I would buy a boat and sail around the world before I end my own life, or climb Mt Everest or something. If you feel like you have nothing to lose then that puts you in a unique position to change everything. You can do things other people can only dream about because they feel they have too much to lose. Do you know they think about 90 persent of Mayan ruins remain waiting to be rediscovered. I understand that you cant take much more of the life you have right now. So change it, you may get a new life that you love and who knows your condition may go away in the process.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Orthorexic

• 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

Speaking of isotretinoin in my last post, have you ever had a course of (ro)accutane in your life?

#64 Saku

• 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hi,

Does group C corticosteroids have any effect? Have you tried protopic or cyclosporin? Does sun and sea water make your skin better?

I think your situation very seriuous and you need help.... I have been in the same situation more than couple of times and in some point you just have to raise your hands get help.
After that you can regroup and think new strategies

I have come to the same conclusion as S. Reitamo, A. Remitz, T. Haahtela have:

In the treatment of atopic dermatitis a 'step up' approach is used far too often: patients receive mild topical corticosteroid courses of variable length and no subsequent maintenance therapy to speak of. This is often repeated for years to treat exacerbations. Instead, atopic dermatitis should be treated efficiently from the beginning to clear the inflammation and restore the barrier function. In small children, the fear of side-effects of corticosteroids leads in practice to insufficient topical treatment. In adults, topical corticosteroids are effective, but instead of keeping long intervals between corticosteroid courses, treatment should be continued for a few times weekly after the acute phase is controlled (8). When corticosteroids are not effective enough or are contraindicated, topical calcineurin inhibitors should be used as initial anti-inflammatory medication followed by a maintenance treatment (9, 10). The new idea is to hit early and hit hard by using more of a 'step down' approach to suppress inflammation as soon as possible. After intensive topical treatment, the dosage and dosing intervals are reduced to the levels that are able to keep control of the disease. Such long-term maintenance treatment with tacrolimus ointment has now received a positive opinion from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMEA) for both children (>2 years) and adults (11).

Hang in there =)

Saku (chronic eczema for 30 years)

Edited by Saku, 17 January 2010 - 07:34 PM.

#65 Ayo

• 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

Niner seems to be onto something with the ichthyosis suggestion. The symptoms are very similar to those that you listed. That seems like a possibility you should really look into.

Phototherapy seems like a very promising route of treatment even if ichthyosis isn't the diagnosis. A ton of skin disorders respond positively to it. Almost all scaling/barrier dysfunction skin disorders like psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11069503) can be successfully treated with phototherapy. And some forms of ichthyosis also respond well, according to this, and this. I would suggest you see a dermatologist who is familiar with ichthyosis and mention to them the possibility of phototherapy as a treatment option.

You have been given some really great advice in this thread. To give up now when there is so much hope would be an instance of learned helplessness. Don't be fooled by that trick of the mind. Believe it or not, there are people with skin disorders just as bad or even worse than yours, and they are able to live normal lives after having been treated. Stay motivated by the vision of the day when you will have a great life and look back on this unfortunate time as something you've survived.

Edited by Ayo, 20 January 2010 - 11:50 PM.

#66 Awosan

• 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:24 AM

Hey babe. I know how it feels and what you are going thru. Although I have not has the problem all over I had it on my face.

I washed my face too much. It left it dry ms dehydrated. My skin was flaking. It was aging fast. Really bad.

You know what helped? Nothing bur leaving it alone. This for nearly a year has restored my face to normal.

Please know it is not too late.

Don't be sad. Don't end your life.

All those products out there don't work and make the problem worse.

Just let dead skin build up and let the skin heal.

Do this fr about 6 months to a year.

You can live and fall in love and have hope and joy.

God is with you and there is nothing to fear.

Stay strong!

also when you do this make sure you DONT itch NOR touch your face.

just let the skin heal itself.

the skin can heal itself. i am a testament to that.

it just takes a very long time.

for me it took a lot longer because i kept taking the dead skin off and sometimes i had washed.

BIG MISTAKE. that sets you back.

just keep the dead skin on for as long as you can.

if your skin isn't where you want it to be, let the dead skin develop all over again.

for someone like you, it may take a while to see the dead skin come up.

it took a while for me to see the dead skin accumulate on my face because my skin was sooooooo dry.

Edited by Awosan, 22 January 2010 - 05:48 AM.

#67 ElSenor

• 37 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:42 AM

I didn't read the whole thread, but many of your symptoms sound similar to mine, does your skin look anything like this. Nothing I do has healed it, and I am beginning to feel hopeless, not my life just my skin. It looks much worse in person, especially in bright lights.

Posted Image

Edited by ElSenor, 10 February 2010 - 03:43 AM.

#68 TTom

• 18 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:36 AM

It sounds like you might have a hyperactive immune system whereby your immune system attacks your skin (organ) as if it was a foreign pathogen. The skin responds via inflammation. Also, your skin may have a low tolerance to your current immune system.

You can lower your immune system overall, which might cause you to get sick more often, which is not advisable. You could also boost your skins tolerance to your current immune response (advisable). The latter would be done topically.

For one thing, androgens play a part in acne. High levels of DHT in the skin cause inflammation. Topical anti-androgens have helped with acne.

Moisturizers only mask the real, underlying issue. In fact, chronic use of moisturizers actually cause your skin to become dry. Basically they stop your body from producing it's own moisturizing factors. When you discontinue use, your body takes a while to "catch up" and start producing again. Your skin dries out and you think you need more moisturizer. Chronic moisturizer use can become a never ending, vicious cycle.

When it comes to water let me ask you - Are you drinking enough water? 1 cup for every 20 pounds of normal body weight, daily. 150 lb. = 8 cups per day. In your case I would add a couple more cups a day. If you're eating allot of high fiber foods, such as fruits and vegetables, it is even more important to drink more water. You can become chronically dehydrated on a high fiber, low water intake diet. You're consuming allot of oils which are good, but remember the body is 60+% water.

Poor circulation could be another cause. The blood carries oxygen, water and nutrients to the small capillaries in the skin. A chronic sedentary life can produce a weak circulatory system. Cardiovascular exercise where your body sweats naturally helps strengthen the heart and circulatory system and naturally lubricate and nourish the skin and carry toxins away.

The other issue could be chronic inflammation. In your last blood test did you find out what your homocysteine levels are? Did you have a CRP test done? The supplement, Trimethylglycine (TMG) might help lower homocysteine levels if your CRP test comes back high.

Ask your primary care physician to refer you to a highly qualified immunologists -- A doctor specializing in immune system disorders.

Best of luck! And don't ever, ever, ever give up hope!

Okay...

I'm up for some suggestions as to what might help my terrible skin that I have had ever since I can remember. I have terribly dry skin over every inch of my body; moderate/severe acne on face, scalp, back, chest, upper arms; moderate/severe seborrhea over face, scalp, back, chest, upper arms. Dry, thin, wispy, fragile hair that is like straw and thinning very rapidly as well.

My face is so tight and covered with dead skin all of the time that it hurts to even talk or eat. Even though my face (and body as well) is always covered in dead skin, my face still pours out massive amounts of oil. Exfoliants don't do a thing. This dry skin is coming from the inside...you can't remove it from the outside. As soon as I exfoliate, my dry skin comes back immediately.

I have been dealing with this for about 15 years but it seems to be getting worse year by year. I tried all of the standard allopathic treatments in the beginning that were prescribed to me (antibiotics, steroids) but they never did a thing.

Things I have done:

All the nutritional oils- fish oil, flax oil, cod liver, black seed (nigella sativa), evening primrose, black currant, borage, sea buckthorn
Probiotics- tried just about every type of probiotic out there
Fresh fruit/vegetable juice fasting (my diet is still about 80% raw organic fruits and vegetables with lots of freshly pressed juice)
Calorie Restriction
Liver cleansing herbs (you name em, I've used them...for years)
Kidney cleansing herbs
Skin health supplements- lipoic acid, grape seed extract, lots of whole food vit C, Vit D,
Immune enhancers- beta glucan, astragalus, transfer factor, lactoferrin, colostrum, medicinal mushrooms
And a lot more that I can't think of right now.

Another thing is that water definitely exacerbates this condition. My skin becomes 100% devoid of all moisture after it comes in any contact with water of any kind. I even have tried this with spring and distilled water and the results are always the same. After contact with water on my face for instance, and I can barely even move my face because it is so tight, chapped, and dry. I really can't put anything on my skin either because it clogs my face up. It doesn't matter if it is "non-comedogenic". It will still clog my skin. There is nothing that I have ever put on my skin that hasn't worsened my already bad and chronic acne. Since my face is always covered in scaling, flaking, peeling skin...anything that I mix with it just causes breakouts. I have such an accumulation of dead skin on my face that it is literally like a hard crust sometimes. Anything applied from the outside doesn't even soak in anyway. Yeah, and you though you had it bad...

I've been to well over 20 practitioners in the 15 years that I have been battling this, both allopathic and alternative and none of them have had even a slight clue about this. None of the drugs, herbs, supplements, dietary regimens, or anything else have even made the slightest change in this condition.

I feel as though I may have some sort of metabolic disorder, though I have been tested for adrenal and thyroid imbalances and none of the tests have ever show anything out of the ordinary. One thing I know is that the barrier function of my skin is incredibly compromised for one reason or another. It is really hard to explain, but I can literally feel the moisture evaporate from my body. Now that the weather is turning cold and dry, the air just literally sucks every bit of moisture out of my body. Like I said, I can literally feel my self being dehydrated. Drinking water does nothing for this.

If anyone has any idea as to what might help me, please throw me a bone. Chances are I've already tried it but you never know.

I am in desperate need of help...

#69 NeverSayDie

• Topic Starter
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Thanks so everyone who was thoughtful enough to write any advice or positive support.

My skin condition is worse than ever. My skin over my entire body and especially my face is one mass of severe infection, peeling skin, and deep disfiguring scarring.

I have entered a level of despair and physical/emotional pain that is completely unendurable and irreversible.

I have not been on the site for a long time. I do not plan on coming back, as I am quite certain that I will be ending my life in the very near future. Every second of my life is absolute pure torture.

Thank you

Edited by NeverSayDie, 24 March 2010 - 09:18 PM.

#70 full_circle

• 144 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

now this may sound horible but would you consider maggot therapy?

and i am curious if you are on extreme low-fat diet. - then increase saturated fat intake
are you also on statins? - then stop taking it.
do you take a lot of garlic? - then stop taking it.

Edited by full_circle, 24 March 2010 - 11:04 PM.

#71 Sandrock

• 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

Well, I hope you're still out there - you haven't posted in this thread in 3 weeks - maybe try some of the following:

1) Get a chlorine filtering showerhead
2) Don't shower for a few days
3) Emu oil - I used to "dry out" after showers(though obviously not badly like you) and emu oil in combination with ubiquinol has ended that
4) SUPER high dose vit d - I've gone up to over 120,000 IUs in a day and felt great when I did it(maybe there's a risk but this guy is either close to killing himself or already has)
5) IP6
6) Willard Water is something of a "miracle cure" for burns

The chlorine filtering showerhead, emu oil, ubiquinol(someone else mentioned in a review that it cured their dry skin), vit D, IP6 and Willard Water can all be purchased at iherb.

#72 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:24 AM

You are (understandably) depressed. You NEED to get some help for that regardless of whatever else is going on.
Ending your life is not the answer. Go get treament for the depression immediately. If you don't know
what to do about that (the depression) then I'm sure people here can give you some reccomendations.
My preference is for hypnosis over drugs but your situation may require both.
Your depression symptom may also turn out to be a key in figuring out your skin condition.
Depression can be caused by many things including metal toxicities, hidden infections,
and lots of other things. I'm surprised you have not tried applying MSM saturated water
to provide sulfur to the skin - but that might not be your issue. If you happen to live in
the southern cali area I can reccomend some resources. Good luck and never give up. There is
an answer to every health problem IMHO

Thanks so everyone who was thoughtful enough to write any advice or positive support.

My skin condition is worse than ever. My skin over my entire body and especially my face is one mass of severe infection, peeling skin, and deep disfiguring scarring.

I have entered a level of despair and physical/emotional pain that is completely unendurable and irreversible.

I have not been on the site for a long time. I do not plan on coming back, as I am quite certain that I will be ending my life in the very near future. Every second of my life is absolute pure torture.

Thank you

#73 Tans

• 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hi,

Latest research is that topical tamoxifen maybe the answer for you. There is one woman on a post that inadvertently found a cure for her psoriasis when she was treating her Breast Ca with Tamoxifen.

Tamoxifen in topical liposomes: development, characterization and in-vitro evaluation.
Amit Bhatia
Sun Pharma Advanced Research Centre, Vadodara, Gujrat, India
Rajiv Kumar, Om Prakash Katare1
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Received 9 October 2003, Revised 9 June 2004, Accepted 24 June 2004, Published 16 July 2004
PDF Version
Purpose: Tamoxifen, an anti-estrogen compound, has recently been figured as a useful agent in the treatment of certain skin specific disorders. This recent found application has generated an interest in its topical formulation in order to avoid the side effects associated with oral administration, while parenteral administration is restricted due to its limited aqueous solubility. Liposomal carriers, well known for their potential in topical drug delivery, have been chosen to help transport tamoxifen molecules in the skin layers. These vesicles are also expected to provide lipid enriched hydrating conditions to help retain the drug molecules within the dermal layers, at or near to the site of action. With this objective, tamoxifen loaded liposomal systems have been prepared and their topical performance has been compared with non-liposomal systems containing tamoxifen. Method: Multilamellar liposomes of tamoxifen were prepared by thin film hydration method. Various formulation ( viz . lipid composition, drug-lipid ratio, amount and type of surface charge imparting agent etc.) and process parameters (hydration temperature, hydration time etc.) were studied to obtain liposomes with desired attributes. Prepared liposomes were characterized for morphological and micromeritic attributes, employing Malvern mastersizer and optical microscopy. Stability of the liposomes in terms of their drug holding capacity was assessed for a period of 5 weeks, on storage under defined conditions. Liposomal formulations of tamoxifen were evaluated for in-vitro skin permeation, using mice skin. The results thus obtained were compared with that of aqueous solution and Carbopol gel, containing tamoxifen in equal amounts. Results: Optimized process and formulation parameters resulted in multilameller, homogenous population of liposomes in the size range of 1 to 13m (mean vesicle diameter 5.3 m), exhibiting normal size distribution. Maximum loading of tamoxifen was noted to be 57.5% (38.3  g of drug per mg of lipids), for liposomes composed of hydrogenated phosphatidylcholine and cholesterol, employing 66.6 g drug per mg of lipids during preparation. Incorporation of dicetylphosphate or stearylamine as charge imparting agent did not influence the vesicular entrapment of TAM in a favorable manner. Amongst different storage conditions, the liposomes stored at 2 to 8°C were found to be most stable, with only 5% drug loss over the storage period of 5 weeks. Significantly higher skin permeation of tamoxifen from liposomal formulations (flux values 63.67 g/cm2/h and 59.87 g/cm2/h for liposomal suspension and liposomal gel) has been achieved, as compared to solution (21.65 g/cm2/h) and Carbopol gel (24.55 g/cm2/h) containing tamoxifen. Higher magnitude of tamoxifen retention in the skin layers was noted with liposomal formulations vis-à-vis non-liposomal formulations of the drug. Conclusion: Tamoxifen molecules could be successfully entrapped in the liposomes with reasonable drug-loading and desired vesicle specific characters. Higher rate of drug transfer across the skin with liposomal formulations of tamoxifen, suggests that the drug in its lipo-solubilised state might have found facilitated entry into the tough barrier consisting of stratum corneum. The phospholipid enriched amphiphillic nature of the vesicles can be held responsible for modifying the properties of the keratinised layer. Integration of phospholipid molecules with the skin lipids might have served further, to help retain the drug molecules within the skin, thus leading to prolonged presence of drug molecules at the receptor site. These findings have been seen to support the improved and localized drug action in the skin, thus providing a better option to deal with skin-cited problems.
Tamoxifen (TAM), an estrogen receptor antagonist is known to be a drug of choice for hormone sensitive breast cancer (1). It has recently been documented to have potential in the treatment of dermatological dsisorders like psoriasi (2-7). TAM is generally administered through oral and parenteral route. Despite being quite effective on oral administration, TAM exhibits certain side effects like distaste for food, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting. However, its other infrequent side effects include endometrial carcinoma, ocular problems, thromboembolic disorders and acquired drug resistance on long-term therapy (8-10). The problems associated with oral administration of TAM, along with difficulty in parenteral administration owing to its limited (0.5mg/ml) aqueous solubility, led the researchers to explore other alternative routes of administration. Enhanced transdermal delivery of TAM, employing different penetration enhancers has been reported (11-12). Topical administration of TAM has recently been found to be effective in the treatment of excessive dermal scarring (5). In another study on topical application of TAM employing different melanoma models, percutaneous administration of TAM yielded higher local tissue concentrations with minimal systemic absorption (13). Similarly, Soe et al. (1997) evaluated the therapeutic advantage with percutaneous application of TAM for the treatment of tumors (14). Significantly high local (subcutaneous and skin) concentration of the drug has been achieved, with lesser drug distribution to other organs. The authors suggested the potential role of topical application, to enhance the therapeutic effect of TAM in the treatment of cancer. Besides TAM, percutaneous application of 4-hydroxy tamoxifen, an active metabolite of TAM, has also been found to exhibit anticancer activity (15-17). However, despite such studies for the topical applications of TAM and its potential in deep-seated dermatological disorders, no topical dosage form of TAM has so far been developed. The present scenario is full of opportunities in this regard, as there has been a substantial progress in the design and development of topical carriers. Amongst the many, phospholipid-based vesicles, i.e.,

Hope it helps. I am currently trying to find a cure for my skin disorder.

#74 MachineGhostX

• 106 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Thank you

I'm surprised no one mention topical niacinimide (Metazene). It will repair the skin barrier, among other things.

Failing that, why don't you go to the emergency room? The attitude towards treatment can be different there than with scheduled doctor appointments.

MG

Edited by Machine_Ghost, 05 August 2010 - 07:04 PM.

#75 MachineGhostX

• 106 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

Linoleic acid preparations for topical treatment of acne vulgaris William R. McDaniel
http://www.google.co...AAE..."&f=false

I've wondered about this kind of topical therapy for years. Does anyone know a source of topical linoleic or EPA/DHA, or have an idea how to make up a homemade batch? The difficulty seems to lie in the rapid oxidation of these EFA's.

MG

#76 deedot

• 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

I registered on the site now just so that I could respond to this post although I know it is old and the OP has not posted in a while.

NeverSayDie, I hope you are well (I am worried because of the nature of your last few posts). I had skin problems (dry skin, itching, patches, hyper and hypopigmentation) for years, saw countless dermatologists with no success. Until I (by chance!) happened to meet a dermatologist with a specialization in cutaneous lymphomas. I was diagnosed with CTCL (cutaneous T-cell lymphoma). A couple of the variants like Sezary Syndrome and Lymphomatoid Papulosis have symptoms similar to yours. I suggest you see a specialist in this area. Here is a website with information about this condition and a list of specialists. Since it is so rare, most dermatologists (in my experiences) don't pay attention to this unless you bring this to their attention (unless they have a specific interest in this area). Stay strong!

http://www.clfoundat...us_lymphoma.htm

#77 VampIyer

• 204 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:07 AM

Hello, - Allow me to apologize first for the lack of organization. By request, I can re-organize this post for better readability.

I have a non-specific autoimmune condition (ANA positive, 320:1, speckled; very high reverse-T3, Addisonian Cortisol levels (one reading was 1.X), etc) which has caused severe psoriasis. I can produce about 1-OUNCE of skin flaking on a bad day.
Like the OP, I've tried many different approaches, none of which had produced any significant result.

My main issue is debilitating fatigue and lack of energy - the psoriasis itself is merely a symptom reflecting this. I did something recently which has resulted in about 75-90% reduction in psoriasis, increased energy (I'm debilitated, disabled, unable to drive/function, chronically sore everywhere, etc). My best friend knows all too well that my patience has been running thin (I can empathize with the OP)... I've been sick my entire life, and I've had psoriasis since age 14 (Will be 26 at the end of Feb 2011).

First I did a nauseating 10-day anti-biotic regimen (5-agents total: fluconazole, amoxicillin, clarithromycin, metronidazole, omeprazole - these are dosed 2-3 times daily). Day-1 = vomiting, 2 = improvement, 3 = best day of life, 4-7 = downhill and poor, 8 = realized I should probably incrase B-vitamins, so slightly better, 9-10 = still bad, but slight improvement.

During this regimen, I followed this additional supportive protocol:

- VSL-3 (lemon sachet, 450-billion lactic acid bacteria), (2) jarrow Saccharromyces Boulardi 5-billion, 2g of Inulin, 5g Glutamine - at night, empty stomach.
- (1) Jarrow Boulardi, Glutamine, PB-8 - morning
- Ultimate monolaurin (3g) a few hours later, and possibly another half-dose several hours before the nightly probiotic dosage.
- Vegetarian Diet (because meat required too much time to digest - I'd vomit every time). Yogurt, buttermilk, and kefir worked fine. I think eggs might work, but I'm likely allergic.

Just before this protocol, I had started on 500mg of Levitaracetam (Keppra) at night, to reduce brain inflammation from my autoimmune condition, and improve sleep.

My Doctor explained that Day #3 was likely the result of an anti-inflammatory effect of the antibiotics, and nothing to do with an infection. And perhaps I correctly guessed that I needed extra B-vitamins because I simply ran out of co-factor producing organisms, or perhaps the regimen was simply making me too ill, and that accounts for the decline on days 4-10. Noting this, he revised my overall regimen, and increased my Keppra dosage:

- Levitaracetam (Keppra) + EndoAmp Max (Alpha-GPC + Serinaid phospholipid complex) at Night: I noticed some sleep-improvement and psoriasis reduction at 500mg of Keppra, but I'm at 1250mg now, and it's a bit more effective (but sedating). I'm using just a little bit of the EndoAmp (I may replace with Smartpowder's Alpha-GPC and Serinaid, separately). - This cleared up a large portion of my psoriasis after 1-night of actual sleep (I average 1-3 hours of sleep per night, but now I'm getting 4-6). I believe THIS prescription to be the main factor, although the antibiotic / probiotic regimen could also have something to do with it.

Other (does not account for improvement, but maybe the Amino-Acid GH-stack is helping, to be honest):

- Amino Acid Night stack: Arginine pyroglutamate + Lysine (2:1, 2250mg total), Arginine AAKG 2:1 (3g) and 1.5g (2:1) Arg:Ornithine taken before the Lysine combo, NA-RALA (25-50mg) + ALCAR-arginate (500mg) (ALA taken with A-GPC, ALCAR 15-20 minutes afterward). I may switch to or add GlycoCarn.
- Tryptophan (1.0 - 1.5G + included p5p) + ~750mcg of time-released melatonin
- Remaining night stack = 2-3 pills of Himalaya MindCare + (2) Jarrow Ashwaghanda + 450mg Mg Glycinate + 30mg Zn and 5mg Li Orotate + 125mg DMG + 1g Glycine + Holy Basil Trinity (Enzymatic Therapy - comparable to New-Chapter supercritical), 100mcg methylfolate, LD-Naltrexone (4mg).

And of course I take some other supps throughout the day: (low-dose orthocore, hydroxyapatite calcium, brocolli sprouts 2000mcg sulphoraphane, astaxanthin, tocotrienols, resV + grape skin/seed + pine bark combo, vitC + digestive enzymes + ferrous glycinate (low ferritin), Vitamin A-retinol (low), D3 + K2 mk7, p40p.

There are a few new medications with which I'm experimenting. Some immune and psoriasis-specific biologic agents look promising: Stelara (or maybe Enbrel), Trental... I'll be investigating further methods to calm my immune system and reduce inflammation contributing to what my doctor refers to as "sickness behaviors."

- I still have not reached Day-3 status, and even then I was not nearly at 100%, but I see improvement. I'm stronger, my physical recovery is quicker, there is less nebulous pain pervading throughout the body, and I have increased "access" to my muscle - before I could not reliably clench my fist = too "weak"... and yet I could do weighted pull-ups on a good day if I slapped myself around hard enough and used that fight-or-flight (I appear muscular).

I felt as though I was always penalized for trying so hard to keep in shape and maintain some semblance of health. Apparently it couldn't be believed that someone with my condition could outperform the average human, but people don't understand that I prepare days in advance to do that (and only that - 1 activity per good day, resting in bed all else), and that my best friend drives me everywhere, and that I lose my vision during each rep... think of a CRT monitor degaussing (every time I hit a tennis ball or do anything full force). - Poor baroreceptor regulation, extreme orthostatic hypotension, salt-wasting and urinating 30+ times per day, etc... everything

It's finally changing... I'll get my revenge (yes, I'm angry, and ambitious - I plan to use the former to partially fuel the latter). I may not ever be able to cure this condition, but I'll find some way to better manage it, and even a fraction of my potential is still multiple times that of the people who have shown me a lack of understanding and consideration. Despite my sickness, I somehow scored what was likely the highest SAT+SAT2 cumulative in the district (very nearly perfect all around), and equally well (though unofficially because I never finished college) GRE/LSAT and Putnam scores. I haven't had the stamina to do anything like that in over 6 years, and even when I did as a teen, I was blurry and dying to rest the entire time (I hid this fact). My brain is now relative mush, but I'm hoping it'll repair so that I can make my contribution to this world (though perhaps I'll need to be more realistic and cautious than I envisioned). I come from a lineage of Indian scientists, philosophers, and mathematicians with seemingly concurrent mental aptitude and physical illness. I'm figuring then that my disposition is partially genetic, but it's troubling that one of these people died of "malnutrition" in his early 30's after studying Math at Cambridge... he's a pretty famous guy among nerds, but I'm only loosely related, and I have no desire to obsess over math to that extent. It's comforting that I'm physically quite strong, and that I have the advice of this forum and a great Dr. That, and my dad's side of the family seems to have a long lifespan (85-99 yrs), greater than 50% of whom were free from major illness, and often coherent until the end, passing peacefully.

One may have read my posts about brain-training, math/physics/engineering, test-taking, etc... it's hilarious that I still attempt these activities, and I do, but I fail to mention that it's only within my limitations, and only when I'm feeling "well" - I take advantage of it because I must. Fortunately... my "wellness scale" has shifted upward now...

I'll take it slowly - I can begin by reading books more than 5-minutes at a time (I composed this forum post with 2 rest-breaks, not bad), and start tinkering with my PC-watercooling gear again if I'm feeling really well... and playing games... oh, how I miss PC-gaming... was once competitive. I'll bring my car out of retirement I suppose... gotta get my life in-gear (awful one, I know).

There is hope - I still have lofty aspirations as evidenced by my ramblings above.

Further information can be provided - feel free to PM me, but my response will be slow.

Edited by VampIyer, 19 November 2010 - 03:18 AM.

#78 VampIyer

• 204 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

I'll also be trying out topical celadrin and the oral softgel form. I have joint-pain, and it seems to help some people with psoriasis, so perhaps it's worth investigating for skin issues (I'm interesting in any anti-inflammatory and immune-calming effects). And though I've tried Glucosamine, MSM, chondroitin, and similar ingredients before with no effect, I'll be stacking some of those with Celadrin.
For some reason Jarrow has decided to make their own "True-CMO" version. I'm not sure if that's any better or worse, but there's at least some data on Celadrin, so I'll try that first.

Edited by VampIyer, 19 November 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#79 Rizla

• 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

http://www.healingna...e.com/index.php

I've been on Bee program for about 3 monthes now, and i'm already seeing an improvment in my skin, hair and overall health.
How to get started:
http://www.healingna...cles/intro2.php
http://www.healingna...icles/detox.php
1) Consuming "proper nutrients" (diet plus supplements),
2) Eliminating toxins and foods that feed candida (they also feed bacteria and
cancer),
3) Eliminating damaging foods, and
4) Eliminating toxins in general.

Diet:
http://www.healingna...s/foodslist.php
Supplements:
http://www.healingna...icles/supp7.php
Skin, Hair, Nails, & Teeth Treatment:
http://www.healingna...les/menu4_8.php
+
Hair: Baking Soda&Apple Cider Vinegar Method
http://www.suite101....-vinegar-a99929
Seb derm - Treating seborrheic dermatitis with raw honey and virgin coconut oil:
http://www.rosaceagr...in-coconut-oil.

If you have any questions:
http://health.dir.gr...candidasupport/

#80 VampIyer

• 204 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

I tried some bee products just in order to experiment:

- Bee pollen and propolis: allergic - definitely. I end up sneezing all day
- Royal Jelly - no obvious allergy, and possibly a mild benefit, but not an obvious one. I'd have to try it again when my issues are better stabilized.

I've tried the raw and manuka honey, elimination diets, etc. No effect, but I did LOVE the taste of good RAW honey, especially when I was eating oatmeal. I don't think oatmeal affects me negatively in any way, so perhaps I'll try to add that back in on workout days, and to foment nostalgia.

I've tried the apple cider vinegar with no effect. I've probably tried nearly as many things as the OP... but that doesn't mean that my original experiments were not flawed - my day-to-day variation is so large that there's no way I could have properly tested anything. Now that I'm measurably improving, it's worthwhile to test again.

Edit: I'm keeping this thread somewhat busy in the hopes that the OP, or someone he knows, will notice.

Edited by VampIyer, 21 November 2010 - 12:44 AM.

#81 Rizla

• 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

I tried some bee products just in order to experiment:

- Bee pollen and propolis: allergic - definitely. I end up sneezing all day
- Royal Jelly - no obvious allergy, and possibly a mild benefit, but not an obvious one. I'd have to try it again when my issues are better stabilized.

Bee is the name of the lady who founded the program.

I've tried the raw and manuka honey, elimination diets, etc. No effect,

you don't have to use topicals like apple cider vinegar and raw honey, it does help, but the
only way you get truly healed is by eliminate toxins from your body and build a strong immune system(the right diet+supplements)
_______
Hering's Law of Cure:

Symptoms of a chronic disease disappear in definite order, going in reverse and taking about one month for every year the symptoms have been present.
Symptoms move from the more vital organs to the less vital organs; from the interior of the body towards the skin.
Symptoms move from the top of the body downward.
http://www.healingna...icles/heal7.php

after two monthes on this program my acne dissappeared(Without any topicals beside coconut oil as a moisturizer)
I still have seborrheic dermatitis redness around my nose(it's slowly improving)but the flaking and dryness is completely gone.:)

#82 VampIyer

• 204 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:42 AM

Bee is the name of the lady who founded the program.

Haha, yes, I realized that within minutes of my post, but I thought I may as well add that bit about my experience with Bee products anyway, so I didn't edit.

I try to keep an open mind. I'll uh... give that site a more thorough reading soon. I cannot really make any assessments from the brief reading I've done. In any case - it's only the results that are worth reporting, so if I discover anything, I'll be sure to post any updates.

#83 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2022 - 12:03 PM

Try itching powder made from dopamine analogues, precursors. Fridge water is said to build up a certain good bacteria for health skin.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#84 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2022 - 07:20 PM

My face is so tight and covered with dead skin

Sounds disgusting. Sounds like a metabolism problem. If you scrub it off it could do more damage to the area and cause bleeding.

Try a combination of collagen + iodine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users