- - - - -

Aniracetam and drug tests

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:46 PM

I recently had to take a drug test and my test came up positive for amphetamine. I've never taken any amphetamine compounds within the last year. The doctor thought the Ampamet was what showed up as amphetamine. What do you guys think? Nothing else I've been taking could of showed up as amphetamine, I've sure of that. I'm puzzled??

• Lurker

Posted 03 May 2004 - 04:53 PM

Your doctor would know if you were taking any ADHD meds, unless you were taking it without his consent. I would normally defer to those as the culprit but I guess it's possible that Aniracetam could be causing you to test positive. Are you taking Deprenyl, I think that might cause you to test positive as well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 soheil

• 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:10 PM

Ok, so I did some research. I read up on how the amphetamine test works and a list of possible false positives. I typed in the chemical names to see a picture of the structures on chemfinder.com. Based on what I read and considering I'm going into my organic II final with an A average so far, I would place my money on yes, it is the aniracetam that is causing the false positive. If you view some of the structures of false positive chemicals (for instance, methoxyphenamine), you will notice distinct structural similarities coming up that would probably bind to the test strip as well as amphetamine. In this case, both have an anisole group. I don't think its the racetam part in particular (the lactam ring) but rather the combination of the amine part of the lactam ring with the methoxyphenyl group. I definitely did not explain this as good as I sould have, but in either case I would argue that yes it is the aniracetam, and can't you just have your doctor test a sample of dissolved aniracetam in water and see if it comes up positive?

#4 jpars82

• Topic Starter
  • 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:38 PM

Well, I'm don't think my doctor would be too happy if he knew I was taking something he's never heard of. I could buy one of those home drug test kits and try it out. This worries me, because I could lose my job if I fail another test.

#5 soheil

• 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 05:32 PM

Didn't he say he thought ampamet is showing up as amphetamine? You know ampamet is a name for aniracetam right? So, doesn't he already know?

#6 jpars82

• Topic Starter
  • 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2004 - 06:51 PM

No, the drug test i took was at a hospital. My regular doctor doesn't know about it. The hospital doctor there was puzzled about how amphetamine showed up in my system. The only thing she could guess is that possibly the aniracetam was causing it. She also had never heard of it. I tried to explain that it was a nootropic"smart" drug but she looked at me kind of weird. Do you think a home drug test would be able to detect it if that's what's causing the false positive? Thanks.

#7 soheil

• 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:18 PM

Yeh I just found a site for the home test kit for 7 bucks, and it is suscpetible to all the false positives. I don't know how scientific this is, but, it tests for concentrations equal or above 1000ng/ml, so try to dissolve that concentration or more of aniracetam in whatever solvates it and run it through the test. if it runs positive, then I guess you have a case. I don't know much about much, but I'd try that if I were you.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:31 AM

Find out how long Aniracetam stays in your system and stop taking it prior to the test. If you can first prove it's causing the false positives it shouldn't stop you from using it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users