Photo

Best Place To Buy Nootropics?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 niCe99

• 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi,

Where is the best and cheapest online store to purchase Nootropics?

Specifically,
Piracetam and CDP Choline

preferably in Bulk Form and/or Capsule form

thanks

I live in Canada FYI

#2 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

best place to buy centro?:p

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

It depends on your budget and what you're looking for specifically.

My personal favorite would be Relentless Improvement (the board sponsor) because they publicly show the results of their independent tests. However, I believe the owner to inflate the prices a little bit too much. An HPLC lab assay couldn't cost more than $1,000 (he definately does intensive tests), and if you consider the owner does bottle runs of 25kg or more, and a normal bottle of Piracetam from Relentless Improvement cost is $42.99. So in a bottle with 180 capsules that means 180*800mg = 144000mg or 144 grams.

Is there a math expert in the forum?

Do the math. Relentless charges $42.00 for 180 800mg pills. That means you are getting 180*800 = 144000 milligrams = 144 grams for $42.00

Cognitive Nutrition charges $28.00 for 120 800mg capsules. That means you get 96 grams for $28.00

Someone do the math and figure out how much difference there is in cost per gram.

I'm out.

#4 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

tell us about the noots that works for you before you out please?

#5 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:12 AM

[quote name='nito' post='366948' date='Dec 4 2009, 10:02 PM']tell us about the noots that works for you before you out please?[/quote]

To be honest, I think the real "smart drugs" are only available by prescription. I've taken every "nootropic" on the market -- including piracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, centrophenoxine, pyritinol, you name it, I've tried it. No offense, but they're largely a waste of time. I took them and performed very well in school, so they didn't hurt my performance, but now I perform just as well with drugs solely prescribed by a licenced medical professional.

IMHO, the most effective cognitive enhancers are as follows:

1. Modafinil/Provigil/Nuvigil
2. Methylphenidate/Ritalin/Adderall/dextroamphetamine
3. Aricept

Here are the studies to back up the use of each:

Modafinil:

[quote name='http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2403613.stm']Posted Image

A drug used to stop people falling asleep is showing promise in enhancing brain power.
Scientists at Cambridge University say it could make people better at remembering things and solving problems.

Healthy volunteers given the treatment, modafinil, scored higher on computer games designed to test their mental function than those given a dummy pill.

The drug is used clinically to treat the debilitating sleep disorder, narcolepsy.

Narcolepsy is a brain disorder characterised by sleep attacks and abnormal eye movement which affects up to one in a thousand people.

Suffers fall asleep anywhere, at any time of day, without warning. At other times sufferers remain conscious, but their entire body goes limp and they are unable to move.

Previous work on modafinil has been limited to its effects on sleeping disorders like narcolepsy. Its effects on a wide range of cognitive functions have not been tested until now.

Danielle Turner, from the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Cambridge, says modafinil could revolutionise current understanding of the way we form and retain memories. It seems to have a unique mechanism of action in the brain.

"In the study, the volunteers given modafinil performed significantly better at neuropsychological tests involving short-term memory and showed less impulsive responding and an increased tendency to reflect on the tasks they were given," she said.

"The research suggests that it may at last be possible to help patients with neuropsychiatric disorders, such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), who suffer from selective impairments in memory, problem-solving and planning."

'Tremendous insight'

The researchers plan to test whether young adults suffering from ADHD show similar improvements in mental functioning to the 60 young healthy male volunteers.

They will use brain imaging equipment to study patients' brains while they are playing computer games.

"This will offer tremendous insight into how the mind works," said Ms Turner.

"Visualising modafinil acting in the brain could help us find out exactly which brain cells (or neurones) and neurochemicals are involved in our memory and problem solving processes."

Drugs such as amphetamine and methylphenidate have been used in the past in an attempt to improve some aspects of people's performance when they are tired.

But they can cause impairments in other functions and may be addictive.[/quote]

Methylphenidate

[quote name='http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9201809']Effects of methylphenidate on spatial working memory and planning in healthy young adults.
Elliott R, Sahakian BJ, Matthews K, Bannerjea A, Rimmer J, Robbins TW.

Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, UK.

Previous studies of the effects of the psychomotor stimulant, methylphenidate, have concentrated on vigilance and reaction time tasks. In this study, the effects of methylphenidate on more complex aspects of cognition were studied using tasks from the CANTAB battery and related tests which have been shown to be sensitive to frontal lobe dysfunction. Twenty-eight young healthy men participated in a counterbalanced, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the effects of methylphenidate. Cognitive assessment included tests of spatial working memory, planning, verbal fluency, attentional set-shifting and sustained attention. Methylphenidate had significant effects on performance of the tests of spatial working memory and planning but not on the attentional and fluency tests. When the drug was taken on the first test session, performance on the spatial tests was enhanced by the drug compared to placebo. However, when the drug was taken second, performance accuracy was impaired whereas response latencies were decreased. These results are consistent with a hypothesis that methylphenidate influences performance in two conflicting ways; enhancing executive aspects of spatial function on novel tasks but impairing previously established performance. This pattern of effects is discussed within the framework of dual, interacting arousal mechanisms.

PMID: 9201809 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE][/quote]

Aricept:

[quote name='http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2116476.stm']'Smart drugs' boost pilot memory

'Smart drugs' boost pilot memory

They performed better than those who had taken dummy placebo pills.

Dr Jerome Yesavage, who led the study said that the small size of the study meant that the findings might not necessarily be reproduced in larger groups.

"These results don't mean that use of donepezil (Aricept) is recommended for healthy people.

"For one thing, side effects may show up when larger numbers of people take the drug."

Expensive drug

Aricept is currently licensed in the UK for the treatment of people with Alzheimer's disease.

It has been shown to delay the progression of the disease.

The government's drugs advisory group, the National Institute of Clinical Excellence, approved the drug - a decision set to cost the NHS up to £42 million a year.

However, it is certainly not licensed for use in any other patients.

However, Dr Yesavage can foresee a time when the use of memory-enhancing drugs is widespread - and controversial.

He said: "Will it worsen the gap between the haves and the have-nots when the rich are cognitively enhanced not only through better education, but also through drugs and other technologies?

"How should the use of these therapies be regulated in settings beyond aviation or normal ageing, such as chess matches or test-taking among college students?"

Dr Richard Harvey, from the Alzheimer's Society, said that while the prospect of memory enhancing drugs was "fascinating", any university student looking for a revision aid should bear the drug's side-effects in mind.

"In the short term, it causes diarrhoea and vomiting, so it might not be ideal."[/quote]

These are what I consider to be effective "smart drugs" -- ie drugs to improve cognitive performance on standardized tests where results should be measurable. If I were a doctor, (and I am not) these are the first drugs I would suggest a potential law student, medical student, etc to try.

Sure, you can try the "nootropics" but you won't feel a change that isn't attributable to the placebo effect. The aforementioned drugs that I suggest should only be used in conjunction with a licenced medical practitioner as there may be adverse side effects, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

#6 niCe99

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:11 AM

Great stuff..thanks

anymore other retailers?

also to the person who said Nootropics are a waste. In my personal experience, i have had GREAT success with CHOLINE CDP stand-alone. It greatly increased my capacity at learning and retaining (not to mention a slight photographic memory development) when reading/studying. I dosed it at 250mg once a day in the morning daily and that is more than enough for me.

I am now purely interested in Piracetam as i have read from feedback here on these forums that the two of them go hand-in-hand. In other words, they compliment one another. Seeing as Piracetam is so cheap, i decided to try out this "stack".

The reason for the retailers is simply for Price and Reliability (within the company that is distributing it). Seeing as this entire sub-forum is based on Nootropics, there has to be atleast a few good retailers that you guys purchase your products from.

#7 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:18 AM

Great stuff..thanks

anymore other retailers?

also to the person who said Nootropics are a waste. In my personal experience, i have had GREAT success with CHOLINE CDP stand-alone. It greatly increased my capacity at learning and retaining (not to mention a slight photographic memory development) when reading/studying. I dosed it at 250mg once a day in the morning daily and that is more than enough for me.

I am now purely interested in Piracetam as i have read from feedback here on these forums that the two of them go hand-in-hand. In other words, they compliment one another. Seeing as Piracetam is so cheap, i decided to try out this "stack".

The reason for the retailers is simply for Price and Reliability (within the company that is distributing it). Seeing as this entire sub-forum is based on Nootropics, there has to be atleast a few good retailers that you guys purchase your products from.

CDP Choline is one of the only substances I've had good results wish. Mood lift, better memory, etc. I just go to iHerb and get the Life Extension brand. I plan on trying the Jarrow brand though, because it is cheaper. I've never even seen it in bulk form.

Piracetam definitely does something, just nothing good - at least for me. :p

Edited by Declmem, 05 December 2009 - 05:18 AM.

#8 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:03 AM

im gonna buy CDP and attack dose it lol.

#9 HarPe

• 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:18 PM

It depends on your budget and what you're looking for specifically.

My personal favorite would be Relentless Improvement (the board sponsor) because they publicly show the results of their independent tests. However, I believe the owner to inflate the prices a little bit too much. An HPLC lab assay couldn't cost more than $1,000 (he definately does intensive tests), and if you consider the owner does bottle runs of 25kg or more, and a normal bottle of Piracetam from Relentless Improvement cost is $42.99. So in a bottle with 180 capsules that means 180*800mg = 144000mg or 144 grams.

Is there a math expert in the forum?

Do the math. Relentless charges $42.00 for 180 800mg pills. That means you are getting 180*800 = 144000 milligrams = 144 grams for $42.00

Cognitive Nutrition charges $28.00 for 120 800mg capsules. That means you get 96 grams for $28.00

Someone do the math and figure out how much difference there is in cost per gram.

I'm out.

A quick look says the price-per-gram is exactly the same for both :p.

#10 donkey

• 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

tell us about the noots that works for you before you out please?

To be honest, I think the real "smart drugs" are only available by prescription. I've taken every "nootropic" on the market -- including piracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, centrophenoxine, pyritinol, you name it, I've tried it. No offense, but they're largely a waste of time. I took them and performed very well in school, so they didn't hurt my performance, but now I perform just as well with drugs solely prescribed by a licenced medical professional.

IMHO, the most effective cognitive enhancers are as follows:

1. Modafinil/Provigil/Nuvigil
2. Methylphenidate/Ritalin/Adderall/dextroamphetamine
3. Aricept

Well, I used Provigil then Nuvigil for close to a year before it became cost prohibitive and they were amazing. However, I found that Adrafinil (Olmifon), available w/o prescription and made by Cephalon worked just as well, but you need to take more and it takes a long time to kick in. I've been taking it for about six months and have a dramatic increase in energy and motivation. I tried piracetam and aniracetam and some others, but Adrafinil is what works best for me.

#11 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:10 AM

Cerebral Health has bulk CDP-choline, piracetam and centrophenoxine.

Smart Powders has bulk piracetam and alpha GPC

Both come highly recommended.

#12 nootropicsandsarms

• 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

acrosebio.com foucsing on nootropics suppling,almost all kinds of nootropics,cheap price,welcome to get quatation,
Nootropics:;Vinpocetine;Coluracetam;Oxiracetam;Sunifiram;Ostarine;sulbutiamine; nicotine; AlphaGPC.AL-CAR; Adrafinil; Picamilon; Nefiracetam;Piracetam;
Phenylpiracetam,Pramiracetam;phenibut;HA web:www.acrsobio.com/sales@acrosebio.com

#13 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

I personally order through Smart Drugs for Thought and a few other vendors on both Amazon and eBay. Smart Drugs has a good selection of pre-capsuled nootropics available and they have a very friendly and prompt customer service line that will often times meet up with you to talk (if you are in or around the Houston area) and help you build a nootropic stack. They currently have Piracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracetam, Phenlypiracetam, Noopept, Sunifiram, CDP choline, Alpha GPC, sulbutiamine, centrophenoxine, Tianeptine and...uh..a lot others (I think they have like 20 products right now or something near that).
  • Disagree x 1

#14 razzins

• 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

I personally order through Smart Drugs for Thought and a few other vendors on both Amazon and eBay. Smart Drugs has a good selection of pre-capsuled nootropics available and they have a very friendly and prompt customer service line that will often times meet up with you to talk (if you are in or around the Houston area) and help you build a nootropic stack. They currently have Piracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracetam, Phenlypiracetam, Noopept, Sunifiram, CDP choline, Alpha GPC, sulbutiamine, centrophenoxine, Tianeptine and...uh..a lot others (I think they have like 20 products right now or something near that).

I bought their adrafinil and "researched" it and was very happy with the overall quality/service. I ordered through amazon, and the delivery was prompt. They also sent me the CoA which is a HUGE plus nowadays as so many other nootropic companies have a hard time doing so.

What's the word on their adrafinil? I really would like to know that ASAP as I'm looking for some now but I've heard some not so good things about some of their previous dealings...

#15 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

I bought their adrafinil and "researched" it and was very happy with the overall quality/service. I ordered through amazon, and the delivery was prompt. They also sent me the CoA which is a HUGE plus nowadays as so many other nootropic companies have a hard time doing so.

What's the word on their adrafinil? I really would like to know that ASAP as I'm looking for some now but I've heard some not so good things about some of their previous dealings...

Don't buy from CH. They have the worst customer service and don't check their products + their prices are jacked up on claims its all made by some guy with a MD. If you want to have peace of mind just go with NewStarNootropics. Some really bad things happened because CH wouldn't test their products.

#16 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:08 AM

Yea I recall all the CH buzz, can't recall which product it was particularly that got spotted as a fake. I also know that recently on Reddit someone had conducted a purity test on Intellimed's Aniracetam and yielded unsatisfactory results, although I can't honestly say if it's true or accurate (oh the joys of being able to hammer away at a keyboard) and as a eternal skeptic I'll hold back from downvoting or condemning a company/individual without valid credible and undeniable truth.

#17 DScotty

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

I order from https://thoughtfoods.com.
The choline that you are looking for, comes in capsule form, and i see others are after aniracetam, this also comes in capsule form. I have ordered both of these.

hope this helps.

#18 Un chien andalou

• 35 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

http://nootropix.com...nootropics-usa/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#19 PierreD

• 7 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

Personally I prefer to buy PIracetam from it author (the company is one of inventors of Nootropics) - UCB (Belgium, Europe), extra high quality. For now UCB makes Geratam (The same Piracetam but a different name) what I'm pleasured with. 

http://unleashedbrai...ets-1200mg.html is my favorite 1200 Geratam. 2-3 tablets per day and my mind has no fog and focused. 

IMG_1428.jpg

Edited by PierreD, 24 January 2016 - 03:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users