- - - - -

Motivation; Lack there of

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tlm884

• 597 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:11 AM

Hello,

In the past 10 or 11 months I have experienced a severe lack of motivation. This has resulted in missing classes, not being able to study, the inability to focus on any task, among other things. Utlimatley this has led to a decrease in my grades and my life is starting to suffer from this lack of motivation. I am diagnosed with Bipolar Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Hypertension.

Currently I am on:

Strattera 25mg BID
Atenolol 25mg BID
Cipralex 5mg OD
Cozaar 50mg OD

I have consulted with my shrink over this matter and I have tried Wellbutrin and Straterra and Modafinil and due to my hypertension am unable to tolerate amphetamines and Tenex is not available in Canada. Modafinil makes me extremly tired and straterra and wellbutrin did not make a difference whatsoever.

I honestly have no idea what the cause of the lack of motivation is or if it is even a physical problem.

Things I have thought about trying include:

Citicoline
Omega 3's
Tyrosine
DLPA
Vitamin B complex
Clonidine
Possibly dropping the Strattera and Cipralex for Pristiq

Any thoughts of ideas on what may be the cause or any supplements or drugs worth looking into would be greatly appreciated.

#2 vreeswijk

• 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

Just out of curiosity, do you exercise? Even just taking a nice one-mile stroll every other day? Do you practice deep breathing (if not, you definitely should).

Please don't think that I'm coming down on you, but simple things such as taking a walk every day and eating several servings of raw vegetables a day are a necessary foundation for building habits that lead to a person's well being. The other things such as drugs should be secondary after doing the above. The aforementioned things are just the bare minimum that every single person should do to promote general well being... and unfortunately most people don't.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tlm884

• Topic Starter
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

Just out of curiosity, do you exercise? Even just taking a nice one-mile stroll every other day? Do you practice deep breathing (if not, you definitely should).

Please don't think that I'm coming down on you, but simple things such as taking a walk every day and eating several servings of raw vegetables a day are a necessary foundation for building habits that lead to a person's well being. The other things such as drugs should be secondary after doing the above. The aforementioned things are just the bare minimum that every single person should do to promote general well being... and unfortunately most people don't.

The past few weeks I have increased my level of physical activity to about walking 3 or 4 times a week and this has helped. I think I still need to boost it more I just need to find a friend or gym buddy to help me get past the inital not wanting to do it. As well, my diet sucks. This I have a hard time controlling because I live at the university and all the food is provided and its not exactly the healthiest.

Another thing I think I have to work on is sleep hygiene. My sleep architecture is awry and I am sure I have delayed sleep phase syndrome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users