Photo
- - - - -

Rapture

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Medical Time Travel

• 126 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:54 AM

Last year I read the book Rapture by Brian Alexander and it's the most entertaining read I ever had. It's also very interesting. The book describes the background story of many of the characters that constitutes the humanityplus movement.

People featured are: Max More, Natasha Vita-More, Ralph C. Merkle, Aubrey D.N.J. de Grey, David A. Kekich, Michael D. West, William A. Haseltine, Randolfe H. Wicker and others. It gives a very good insight into into the thinking and history behind these persons. It leaves you with a understanding of the culture these people lives in.

Michael D. West is described in the chapter Way Out West
William A. Haseltine CEO of HGS and the first biotechnology entrepreneur billionaire and the likely advent of human immortality before the year 2100 is described in the chapter The Rapture Rides In A Limo.

I really don't know how to describe this book but I sat up day and night while reading it.

Rapture How Biotech Became The New Religion A Raucous Tour Of Cloning, Transhumanism, And The New Era Of Immortality, Brian Alexander, Basic Books, ISBN 0-7382-0761-6, 289 p.

http://www.amazon.co...n...5860&sr=8-1

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   8.64KB   24 downloads

Edited by Medical Time Travel, 13 December 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

Hey, this looks like a must-read. As it happens, I'm going to the bookstore tonight; I'll look for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users